Monthly Budget Planner Worksheet
Monthly budget planner worksheet
VeriPlan is the best personal financial planning software for individuals and families who want to develop a comprehensive lifetime financial plan. VeriPlan also includes a monthly budget planner worksheet covering 24 months.
Expense tracking, expense budgeting, and budget variance spreadsheets
This monthly expense planner covers 24 months and allows you to define your own expense categories and to set up month by month expense budgets for each of your budgetary expense categories. Then, each month you can enter your actual expenses into each expense budget category, and VeriPlan will automatically calculate your positive or negative budgetary variances by expense category. After you open VeriPlan on you home PC, just look for the orange-tabbed “1B-Monthly Budgeting” worksheet and follow the simple instructions.
VeriPlan’s monthly budget planner worksheet provides six integrated expense tracking spreadsheets, budgeting spreadsheets, and budget variance spreadsheets for your convenience. Vertically, there are three worksheets: Actual Expenses, Expense Budget, and Budget Variance. Horizontally, each of these three worksheets is duplicated so that you can track expenses over a twenty-four month period or two years. Twenty-four months are provided, so that you can start tracking expenses mid-year in a particular month of the first year and continue into the next year.
This is a screen shot of one of these six monthly budget planner worksheet budgeting spreadsheets:
With this monthly budget planner worksheet, you could use only the top Actual Expenses spreadsheet to track your expenses monthly, and you could ignore the Budget and Budget Variance worksheets below. Otherwise, if you want to set up monthly budgets and track your monthly budget variances, you can also set an annual budget in the second spreadsheet and then track your actual expenses in the top spreadsheet.
If you do this, then the variances to your budget will be shown automatically in the third spreadsheet. Variances are calculated automatically by evaluating the differences between the Actuals and the Budget spreadsheets above the Budget Variance spreadsheet. Positive variances indicate expenses that are below budgeted amounts and negative variances indicate expenses in excess of budget by budget category.
In the Actual Expenses worksheet for the current calendar year, there are 38 pre-named expense categories and another 10 that you could add. If you use a different list of expense categories, just type in your list of expense category names, and your expense category names will automatically propagate to the other five expense, budget, and variance spreadsheets on this monthly budget planner worksheet. Of course, you should first determine your expense categories, before you add any expense data to these worksheets.
Another bonus: “How to Do Financial Planning” documentation equal to the best personal financial planning books
You can also benefit from all of VeriPlan’s fully integrated and very informative personal financial planning user documentation. VeriPlan is much more than a comprehensive and highly automated lifetime financial planning software application. It also includes extensive financial education information that you can read in the free VeriPlan User Guide manual. Go to the Home Page of this website to download this free VeriPlan User Guide. Look in the left-hand sidebar of the home page and scroll down.
VeriPlan Is Simply The
You Can Buy!
Personal Financial Planning Software for Individuals
- Tax-Advantaged Retirement Investment Planning (Tax-advantaged retirement savings plans
You may have the opportunity to make investments into both individual retirement accounts (IRA) and into employer or self-employed tax-advantaged retirement plans, such as a 401k, 403b, 457, Keogh, Simple, or other employer sponsored retirement plan. In general, if your net wage and salary earnings after living expenses will provide enough free [...])
- Evaluating Roth IRA Conversions (Evaluating Roth IRA Conversions
This is the second part of a three-part article on Roth conversions, including information about Roth IRA conversion calculators and Roth IRA investment calculators. This article could help you to make a more informed decision about your family's Roth investment strategy. Key to you making a better decision about your lifetime Roth [...])
- Non-traded REITs – relatively lousy investments (Research demonstrates that excessive expenses, conflicts of interest, and lack of markets cause non-traded REITs to be inferior investments
Research reports clearly show that non-traded real estate investment trust (REIT) securities are lousy investments. They are lousy, because an investor always has the alternative to invest in publicly traded individual REITs and REIT mutual funds and [...])
- Long-term compounded real dollar and inflationary returns for the U.S. cash, bond, and stock asset classes (Long-term U.S. cash, bond, and stock asset class compounded returns
Many investors would like to have a better understanding of long-term historical investment returns, so that they can have a more realistic understanding of what investment returns might be in the future. This article informs interested investors about historical inflationary and real dollar returns for the [...])
- Diversification and the credit crisis (The best personal investment and financial planning practices are durable and should not change because of market cycles and financial crises.
Less diversified active strategies tend of be sub-optimal, involving greater portfolio volatility and risk accompanied by higher costs in term of expenses, taxes, time commitment, and stomach acid. The best investment strategy is to seek [...])
- Buying low cost mutual funds and ETFs (Do your mutual fund and ETF investment research – and do it BEFORE you buy
Screened mutual fund and ETF lists are very helpful to any investor who wishes to focus on low cost mutual funds and ETFs. However, this is just the beginning of the investment process and not the end. Always understand any security [...])
- Home Buying Calculator (Plan the future purchase of homes with a sophisticated home buying calculator
VeriPlan's fully integrated and automated financial calculators and financial software tools deliver financial planning power to the individual. VeriPlan's home buying calculator tool automates the lifetime financial planning process associated with future residential home purchases. VeriPlan's home buyer calculator functionality automatically take into [...])
- College Savings Calculator (College savings calculator software helps you to plan college savings and other education expenses for you and your children
VeriPlan's fully integrated and automated financial calculators and financial software tools help you to determine whether your current savings rate would lead to a sustainable financial plan across your lifetime.
In addition, the VeriPlan lifetime retirement planning calculator [...])
- Retirement Investment Calculator (Project your lifetime investment assets using a sophisticated, do-it-yourself retirement investment calculator
VeriPlan's lifetime compound investment calculator retirement software develops customized scenarios that are based on your current personal financial situation and on your goals and objectives for the future. VeriPlan is a sophisticated and fully integrated future value investment calculator that automatically projects the year-by-year [...])
- Are ETF expenses really lower than mutual funds? (Are ETF management expenses really lower than mutual fund management expenses?
Yes and no. When you look at the full range of ETF management expense ratios, you find the most ETFs have a management expense ratio under 1% per year. In contrast, the average expense ratio for mutual funds exceeds 1%, so obviously the majority mutual [...])
- VeriPlan Lifetime Financial Planner — Annual Version Enhancements through 2017 (2017 VeriPlan home financial planning workbook enhancements
The 2017 version:
1) Updates US Federal and 50 state + DC tax rates, limits, phaseouts, and other tax parameters using the latest information available.
2) Updates tax information related to traditional and Roth tax-advantaged IRA and employer-sponsored retirement plan contributions and withdrawals.
3) Updates user adjustable historical asset class returns, inflation, [...])
- Roth IRA Calculators (Roth IRA Calculators
Using VeriPlan to evaluate Roth retirement account contribution and conversion trade-offs
This is the third part of a three-part article on Roth conversions and Roth IRA contribution calculators. The first part discusses the Roth account investment and asset conversion decision and the need for a sophisticated lifetime financial planning software tool to enable informed [...])
- Annual Tax Calculator (VeriPlan estimates your lifetime annual taxes in 8 different tax categories
The VeriPlan tax planning calculator projects your lifetime annual tax payments in 8 different tax categories. VeriPlan's fully integrated and automated lifetime annual tax calculator and retirement tax calculator capabilities automatically project your lifetime estimated taxes in these 8 tax categories:
Federal income taxes on earned [...])
- Deciding when to begin initial Social Security retirement payments (Deciding when to begin initial Social Security retirement payments
In general, whether to accept Social Security payments early, at full retirement age, or later is a decision you will need to make as you approach retirement. This decision can depend upon many factors, including but not limited to your expected cash flow requirements, your health and [...])
- 2014-02: February 2014 What Works in Personal Finance Newsletter (
February 2014 Newsletter
Diversification and the credit crisis
For the full article, either click the title above or paste this address into your browser:
The best personal investment and financial planning practices are durable and should not change because of market cycles and financial crises. Nothing that has happened in the credit crisis changes the value of broad [...])
- Personal financial planning best practices (VeriPlan helps you to learn about scientifically valid personal financial planning and investment portfolio management practices
Personal finance and investing can be baffling. You can try to learn what works and what does not work from the media or from the financial services industry, but this effort is largely futile. The media reports the financial news [...])
- Lifetime Tax Planning Software (Automatically project your lifetime federal, state, and local income taxes, capital gains taxes, property taxes, and other taxes
VeriPlan's tax calculator software automatically projects your real dollar tax obligations using current tax rates and tax limits that would apply in your particular situation. For example, regarding your income taxes and income tax rates, the VeriPlan tax [...])
- Instead of non-traded REITs, buy publicly-traded REIT index mutual funds and ETFs (Publicly-traded REIT index mutual funds and ETFs add can add far more cost-effective real estate exposure to your portfolio
If you really need to add real estate securities to your portfolio, the most sensible way to do so is to buy very low cost REIT index mutual funds or ETFs. This article will overview why and [...])
- VeriPlan Overview 3: Your Income and Debt Projections (VeriPlan Overview: Part 3 of 7
Your income and debts in VeriPlan
The VeriPlan financial planning software with its wide variety of fully integrated financial calculators and investment calculators uses your inputs about your financial situation and investment portfolio to develop your current projection baseline. VeriPlan collects the following personal financial information:
Your Initial Ages:
VeriPlan is a lifetime projection [...])
- Traditional Versus Roth IRA Decisions (Roth retirement investment strategies have a long payback period
When financial planners, investment advisers, and brokers advise their clients to convert their traditional IRA assets into Roth assets or to make annual Roth contributions rather than make alternative tax-deductible retirement account contributions, are asking for a huge leap of faith. Such proposals suggest that it would [...])
« Roth IRA Conversion Calculator | PERSONAL FINANCE SOFTWARE | Diversification and the credit crisis »