Monthly Budget Planner Worksheet
Monthly budget planner worksheet
VeriPlan is the best personal financial planning software for individuals and families who want to develop a comprehensive lifetime financial plan. VeriPlan also includes a monthly budget planner worksheet covering 24 months.
Expense tracking, expense budgeting, and budget variance spreadsheets
This monthly expense planner covers 24 months and allows you to define your own expense categories and to set up month by month expense budgets for each of your budgetary expense categories. Then, each month you can enter your actual expenses into each expense budget category, and VeriPlan will automatically calculate your positive or negative budgetary variances by expense category. After you open VeriPlan on you home PC, just look for the orange-tabbed “1B-Monthly Budgeting” worksheet and follow the simple instructions.
VeriPlan’s monthly budget planner worksheet provides six integrated expense tracking spreadsheets, budgeting spreadsheets, and budget variance spreadsheets for your convenience. Vertically, there are three worksheets: Actual Expenses, Expense Budget, and Budget Variance. Horizontally, each of these three worksheets is duplicated so that you can track expenses over a twenty-four month period or two years. Twenty-four months are provided, so that you can start tracking expenses mid-year in a particular month of the first year and continue into the next year.
This is a screen shot of one of these six monthly budget planner worksheet budgeting spreadsheets:
With this monthly budget planner worksheet, you could use only the top Actual Expenses spreadsheet to track your expenses monthly, and you could ignore the Budget and Budget Variance worksheets below. Otherwise, if you want to set up monthly budgets and track your monthly budget variances, you can also set an annual budget in the second spreadsheet and then track your actual expenses in the top spreadsheet.
If you do this, then the variances to your budget will be shown automatically in the third spreadsheet. Variances are calculated automatically by evaluating the differences between the Actuals and the Budget spreadsheets above the Budget Variance spreadsheet. Positive variances indicate expenses that are below budgeted amounts and negative variances indicate expenses in excess of budget by budget category.
In the Actual Expenses worksheet for the current calendar year, there are 38 pre-named expense categories and another 10 that you could add. If you use a different list of expense categories, just type in your list of expense category names, and your expense category names will automatically propagate to the other five expense, budget, and variance spreadsheets on this monthly budget planner worksheet. Of course, you should first determine your expense categories, before you add any expense data to these worksheets.
Another bonus: “How to Do Financial Planning” documentation equal to the best personal financial planning books
You can also benefit from all of VeriPlan’s fully integrated and very informative personal financial planning user documentation. VeriPlan is much more than a comprehensive and highly automated lifetime financial planning software application. It also includes extensive financial education information that you can read in the free VeriPlan User Guide manual. Go to the Home Page of this website to download this free VeriPlan User Guide. Look in the left-hand sidebar of the home page and scroll down.
VeriPlan Is Simply The
You Can Buy!
Personal Financial Planning Software for Individuals
- VeriPlan Overview 1: Personal Finance Decisions (VeriPlan Overview: Part 1 of 7
Improving personal finance decisions with VeriPlan
VeriPlan gives you significant personal insight into your most important personal finance and investment portfolio decisions. Through comprehensive and customized lifetime projections, VeriPlan's integrated financial calculators and investment calculators model your particular financial situation across your adult lifetime. VeriPlan projects fully integrated scenarios about your income, [...])
- Protect Your Financial Security (The Only Real Protector of Your Financial Security Is You!
Reduce the Chances of Mail Theft
Never leave any outgoing financial letters containing checks or sensitive information outside in public for the postman. To receive mail, you should have a mail drop slot rather than a mailbox on the outside of the house. Always mail your financial [...])
- Investment Risk Tolerance Questionnaire (Investors with different appetites for investment risk tolerance are more satisfied with investment portfolio risk exposures that are more in line with their ability to cope with investment financial risk and rewards.
Investors who are more risk-averse are more satisfied with a less risky investment asset allocation – regardless of lower expected investment returns or the [...])
- VeriPlan Lifetime Financial Planner — Annual Version Enhancements through 2017 (2017 VeriPlan home financial planning workbook enhancements
The 2017 version:
1) Updates US Federal and 50 state + DC tax rates, limits, phaseouts, and other tax parameters using the latest information available.
2) Updates tax information related to traditional and Roth tax-advantaged IRA and employer-sponsored retirement plan contributions and withdrawals.
3) Updates user adjustable historical asset class returns, inflation, [...])
- Lifetime Tax Planning Software (Automatically project your lifetime federal, state, and local income taxes, capital gains taxes, property taxes, and other taxes
VeriPlan's tax calculator software automatically projects your real dollar tax obligations using current tax rates and tax limits that would apply in your particular situation. For example, regarding your income taxes and income tax rates, the VeriPlan tax [...])
- Roth IRA Calculators (Roth IRA Calculators
Using VeriPlan to evaluate Roth retirement account contribution and conversion trade-offs
This is the third part of a three-part article on Roth conversions and Roth IRA contribution calculators. The first part discusses the Roth account investment and asset conversion decision and the need for a sophisticated lifetime financial planning software tool to enable informed [...])
- Where to buy investment funds (Where to purchase mutual funds and ETFs
Whenever possible, low cost no load mutual funds should be purchased directly from mutual fund families that deal with the public. Otherwise they should be acquired through some other low cost channel such as a discount brokerage account. It only makes sense to purchase funds through the most inexpensive [...])
- 2013-10: October 2013 What Works in Personal Finance Newsletter (
October 2013 Newsletter
Identity Theft Protection and Prevention
This is the web address of this article:
As a threat to your financial security, you should take the potential for identity theft very seriously. Identity theft sometimes entails a loss of your money. However, whether or not you lose money, identity theft usually takes a very large amount of [...])
- Roth Estate Planning Strategies (Roth IRA and Roth 401k Accounts and Roth Estate Planning Strategies
There are trade-offs when deciding whether to allocate contributions to Roth retirement savings accounts versus traditional retirement savings accounts that have deferred income taxation features. In the majority of personal finance situations, making 100% of allowable contributions to Roth retirement plans would probably not yield [...])
- Annual Tax Calculator (VeriPlan estimates your lifetime annual taxes in 8 different tax categories
The VeriPlan tax planning calculator projects your lifetime annual tax payments in 8 different tax categories. VeriPlan's fully integrated and automated lifetime annual tax calculator and retirement tax calculator capabilities automatically project your lifetime estimated taxes in these 8 tax categories:
Federal income taxes on earned [...])
- VeriPlan Overview 3: Your Income and Debt Projections (VeriPlan Overview: Part 3 of 7
Your income and debts in VeriPlan
The VeriPlan financial planning software with its wide variety of fully integrated financial calculators and investment calculators uses your inputs about your financial situation and investment portfolio to develop your current projection baseline. VeriPlan collects the following personal financial information:
Your Initial Ages:
VeriPlan is a lifetime projection [...])
- Personal financial planning best practices (VeriPlan helps you to learn about scientifically valid personal financial planning and investment portfolio management practices
Personal finance and investing can be baffling. You can try to learn what works and what does not work from the media or from the financial services industry, but this effort is largely futile. The media reports the financial news [...])
- Debt Payoff Software (Decide whether accelerated mortgage debt and other accelerated loan repayments make sense for you
The VeriPlan personal finance software allows you to evaluate different loan payoff strategies across your lifetime financial plan. You can model higher monthly payments that accelerate the repayment of any particular loan or all loans. VeriPlan will automatically shift some of your positive [...])
- Evaluating Roth IRA Conversions (Evaluating Roth IRA Conversions
This is the second part of a three-part article on Roth conversions, including information about Roth IRA conversion calculators and Roth IRA investment calculators. This article could help you to make a more informed decision about your family's Roth investment strategy. Key to you making a better decision about your lifetime Roth [...])
- Investment Risk and Return (Lifetime trade-offs between investment portfolio risk and investment returns
When making personal finance and retirement planning decisions, individuals must confront the dilemma that, historically, more conservative portfolio investments have yielded substantially lower investment returns than the returns that riskier investments have delivered. With either lower or higher risk-adjusted market return strategies, you simply cannot have your [...])
- Lifetime Savings Rate Calculator (Understand the current savings rate that is sufficient to meet your lifetime personal savings needs
If wealth were to be measured solely as assets currently owned, then financial and investment planning would be relatively simple. However, a much broader view is necessary. While higher income and more current assets obviously help, consumption differences between one person [...])
- Traditional Versus Roth IRA Decisions (Roth retirement investment strategies have a long payback period
When financial planners, investment advisers, and brokers advise their clients to convert their traditional IRA assets into Roth assets or to make annual Roth contributions rather than make alternative tax-deductible retirement account contributions, are asking for a huge leap of faith. Such proposals suggest that it would [...])
- Lifetime Income Projections (Understand your lifetime projected income from multiple sources after state and federal income taxes
VeriPlan's saving for retirement calculator software projects each of your income sources separately. Plus, it separately projects wage and salary and self-employment earnings for two different earners. With this sophisticated retirement savings calculator, you can control the growth for any income source [...])
- Tactical asset allocation and market timing (The best individual financial planning and investment rules and practices are enduring and should not change due to market cycles or a financial crisis.
This article looks at asset allocation strategy in light of the recent credit crisis. The credit crisis was a systemic, global financial event that affected any financial or securities instrument influenced [...])
- Buy investment funds through low cost channels (Do not buy mutual funds and ETFs through high cost vendors
All mutual funds and ETFs are not created equally. Most are created to serve the business interests of the financial industry rather than to deliver investment vehicles that are likely to serve the best interests of individual investors.
Do not purchase any mutual funds or ETFs through [...])
« Roth IRA Conversion Calculator | PERSONAL FINANCE SOFTWARE | Diversification and the credit crisis »