Debt Payoff Software
Decide whether accelerated mortgage debt and other accelerated loan repayments make sense for you
The VeriPlan personal finance software allows you to evaluate different loan payoff strategies across your lifetime financial plan. You can model higher monthly payments that accelerate the repayment of any particular loan or all loans. VeriPlan will automatically shift some of your positive net earned income cash flow toward accelerated debt repayment and away from additional cash, bond, and stock investment portfolio assets.
VeriPlan’s fully integrated mortgage calculator, loan calculator, and debt payoff functionality functionality can automatically project interest and principal payments on up to 25 of your currently outstanding loans.
The VeriPlan lifetime personal financial planner will continue to deduct interest and principal payments from your projected annual after tax cash flow for as long as any unpaid principal on these debts would remain. VeriPlan’s debt payoff software handles mortgages, lines of credit, bank loans, student loans, revolving credit arrangements, credit cards, or other types of loans.
Test the overall impact of accelerated debt repayments within the context of your full lifetime income, expense budget, assets, and taxes.
For example, VeriPlan automatically takes into account the tax deductibility of your property tax payments and your mortgage and real estate line of credit interest payments, when it projects your federal income taxes, state income taxes, local income taxes, and property taxes.
People usually consider the question of accelerating debt repayments, when they expect to have steady positive net income or cash flow to cover their debt repayments. The VeriPlan personal financial planner does not require this. VeriPlan can automatically project the financial impacts of minimum required loan repayments and/or accelerated debt elimination payments on a loan by loan basis over multi-year periods with fluctuating positive and negative annual cash flows.
Furthermore, if your projected cash flow in any projection year would not be sufficient to meet either your required or accelerated debt payoff strategy, then VeriPlan would draw down your projected cash, bond, and equity assets. As required, VeriPlan would automatically project the liquidation of your projected financial assets in proportion to your chosen investment portfolio asset allocation.
VeriPlan is the most comprehensive, integrated, and automated financial planner and debt payoff software application that is available for personal use. It can easily help you to make better, more optimal financial decisions that take into account your full lifetime financial plan.
VeriPlan’s “Debt Payments” graphic provides a full lifetime picture of your annual debt payment obligations.
VeriPlan Debt Payments graphic, which is developed automatically for every projection, projects your annual debt repayment obligations according to your settings on VeriPlan’s ‘Your Debts’ worksheet. On VeriPlan’s ‘Your Debts’ worksheet, you also classify your debts as consumption-oriented or investment-oriented. Consumption-oriented debts represent past consumption that you have financed. Investment-oriented debts are those you take on with a rational expectation that they will enhance your human capital and/or portfolio assets.
The sample graphic below shows a projection for “Sue and Sam Saver”. In this scenario, VeriPlan projects that Sue and Sam would pay off their debts by their mid-60s. However, since their cash, bond, and stock assets would be gone in their mid-90s, VeriPlan would automatically accrue an unfunded consumption debt thereafter. Even though their financial assets are gone, but their living expenses would continue. (They might have other assets, such as real estate property, that could help them to avoid this future debt.)
Personal Financial Planning Software for Individuals
- Fixed Income Investing (Use the best bond investment calculator to understand the projected value of your bond and fixed income assets across your lifetime
To develop your lifetime and retirement calculator projections using VeriPlan's compound investment calculator software, you can enter as many as 24 separate bond and fixed income asset holdings. For each of your current bond and [...])
- Retirement Investment Calculator (Project your lifetime investment assets using a sophisticated, do-it-yourself retirement investment calculator
VeriPlan's lifetime compound investment calculator retirement software develops customized scenarios that are based on your current personal financial situation and on your goals and objectives for the future. VeriPlan is a sophisticated and fully integrated future value investment calculator that automatically projects the year-by-year [...])
- Asset Allocation Strategy (Post-financial crisis commentary on tactical versus strategic asset allocation
The best individual financial planning and investment rules and practices are enduring and should not change due to market cycles or a financial crisis. This article looks at asset allocation strategy in light of the recent credit crisis.
The credit crisis was a systemic, global financial event that [...])
- Investment Risk Tolerance Questionnaire (Investors with different appetites for investment risk tolerance are more satisfied with investment portfolio risk exposures that are more in line with their ability to cope with investment financial risk and rewards.
Investors who are more risk-averse are more satisfied with a less risky investment asset allocation – regardless of lower expected investment returns or the [...])
- 401k Fees and Expenses (401k Fees and Expenses
Finding information about the costs of employer-sponsored defined contribution plans is difficult, because for years weak regulations have allowed the financial industry to obscure these costs and gouge millions of retirement plan participants. This has made it difficult for both employers and plan participants to understand the true costs of these retirement [...])
- Economic ETF trade size cost considerations (Economic ETF trading size considerations
This article discusses some considerations regarding efficient ETF trading and economic trade sizes. At the end of this section, you will also find two tables on ETF brokerage and trading cost amortization over 1, 3, 5, 10, and 20 year holding periods. There is one table on do-it-yourself ETF discount brokerage [...])
- ETFs are for experienced securities traders (ETFs are for experienced securities traders with open eyes
Some of my time, I work directly with paying clients to develop comprehensive lifetime financial plans and investment plans. I always explain the virtues of a globally diversified, fully passive, very low cost, index fund investment strategy. This is consistent with this website and with my other [...])
- Non-traded REITs – relatively lousy investments (Research demonstrates that excessive expenses, conflicts of interest, and lack of markets cause non-traded REITs to be inferior investments
Research reports clearly show that non-traded real estate investment trust (REIT) securities are lousy investments. They are lousy, because an investor always has the alternative to invest in publicly traded individual REITs and REIT mutual funds and [...])
- Too few low cost mutual funds and ETFs (Too few low cost mutual funds and ETFs – Far too many high cost funds
In screening and selecting low cost mutual funds and ETFs, you should understand this involves sorting and screening thousands of mutual funds and ETFs using databases from data vendors such as Morningstar and/or Lipper. It is shameful just how few low cost [...])
- Tax-Advantaged Retirement Investment Planning (Tax-advantaged retirement savings plans
You may have the opportunity to make investments into both individual retirement accounts (IRA) and into employer or self-employed tax-advantaged retirement plans, such as a 401k, 403b, 457, Keogh, Simple, or other employer sponsored retirement plan. In general, if your net wage and salary earnings after living expenses will provide enough free [...])
- Home Buying Calculator (Plan the future purchase of homes with a sophisticated home buying calculator
VeriPlan's fully integrated and automated financial calculators and financial software tools deliver financial planning power to the individual. VeriPlan's home buying calculator tool automates the lifetime financial planning process associated with future residential home purchases. VeriPlan's home buyer calculator functionality automatically take into [...])
- Tactical asset allocation and market timing (The best individual financial planning and investment rules and practices are enduring and should not change due to market cycles or a financial crisis.
This article looks at asset allocation strategy in light of the recent credit crisis. The credit crisis was a systemic, global financial event that affected any financial or securities instrument influenced [...])
- VeriPlan Lifetime Financial Planner — Annual Version Enhancements through 2017 (2017 VeriPlan home financial planning workbook enhancements
The 2017 version:
1) Updates US Federal and 50 state + DC tax rates, limits, phaseouts, and other tax parameters using the latest information available.
2) Updates tax information related to traditional and Roth tax-advantaged IRA and employer-sponsored retirement plan contributions and withdrawals.
3) Updates user adjustable historical asset class returns, inflation, [...])
- Savings and Withdrawal Rates (Understand how your current savings rate and retirement withdrawal rate would affect all of your lifetime personal financial planning goals
Along with your efforts to increase your earned income, your personal savings rate largely determines your lifelong financial planning success or failure by steadily and more substantially feeding your investment portfolio. The attempt to be clever [...])
- Choose the broadest available whole market diversification (Choose the broadest available whole market diversification
Another risk reduction objective should be to achieve the broadest possible securities market diversification within your overall portfolio holdings. Whenever several low cost investment funds are available, I suggest choosing the fund with the broadest market coverage. This reflects a preference for owning the entire market. Such funds are [...])
- VeriPlan Overview 2: Organization and Graphics (VeriPlan Overview: Part 2 of 7
A well-organized lifetime financial planning application with extensive color graphics
The VeriPlan personal finance software provides thirty-four user accessible worksheets organized into groups that have the same colored tabs. VeriPlan provides extensive internal and external hyper-linking to help you to get around quickly. VeriPlan’s primary worksheet groupings and the number of [...])
- College Savings Calculator (College savings calculator software helps you to plan college savings and other education expenses for you and your children
VeriPlan's fully integrated and automated financial calculators and financial software tools help you to determine whether your current savings rate would lead to a sustainable financial plan across your lifetime.
In addition, the VeriPlan lifetime retirement planning calculator [...])
- Concentrated holdings increase portfolio risk (Portfolio risk increases dramatically with concentrated holdings.
A significant portion of a portfolio may sometimes become concentrated in a single investment entity, which dramatically increases the overall risk of the portfolio. While generally undesirable, there sometimes are unavoidable reasons for investment concentration. Unavoidable reasons for lack of diversification can include owning a private business or being [...])
- What should your lifetime IRA, 401k, and Roth contribution strategies be? (VeriPlan helps you to decide what your lifetime IRA, 401k, Roth IRA, and Roth 401k contribution strategy should be
With IRA, 401k, and other tax-advantaged retirement investment portfolio accounts, you trade off the relative value of paying federal income taxes, state income taxes, and local income taxes now versus paying them either later or never. The [...])
- VeriPlan Overview 5: Federal, State, and Local Tax Projections (VeriPlan Tax Calculator Overview: Part 5 of 7
The VeriPlan retirement planning calculator automatically projects your lifetime U.S. federal, state, and local taxes
With its fully integrated lifetime retirement tax calculator and income tax estimator features, the VeriPlan personal finance software automatically projects your lifetime tax obligations in eight different tax categories. VeriPlan automatically projects your financial [...])
« College Savings Calculator | PERSONAL FINANCE SOFTWARE | Home Buying Calculator »