Debt Payoff Software
Decide whether accelerated mortgage debt and other accelerated loan repayments make sense for you
The VeriPlan personal finance software allows you to evaluate different loan payoff strategies across your lifetime financial plan. You can model higher monthly payments that accelerate the repayment of any particular loan or all loans. VeriPlan will automatically shift some of your positive net earned income cash flow toward accelerated debt repayment and away from additional cash, bond, and stock investment portfolio assets.
VeriPlan’s fully integrated mortgage calculator, loan calculator, and debt payoff functionality functionality can automatically project interest and principal payments on up to 25 of your currently outstanding loans.
The VeriPlan lifetime personal financial planner will continue to deduct interest and principal payments from your projected annual after tax cash flow for as long as any unpaid principal on these debts would remain. VeriPlan’s debt payoff software handles mortgages, lines of credit, bank loans, student loans, revolving credit arrangements, credit cards, or other types of loans.
Test the overall impact of accelerated debt repayments within the context of your full lifetime income, expense budget, assets, and taxes.
For example, VeriPlan automatically takes into account the tax deductibility of your property tax payments and your mortgage and real estate line of credit interest payments, when it projects your federal income taxes, state income taxes, local income taxes, and property taxes.
People usually consider the question of accelerating debt repayments, when they expect to have steady positive net income or cash flow to cover their debt repayments. The VeriPlan personal financial planner does not require this. VeriPlan can automatically project the financial impacts of minimum required loan repayments and/or accelerated debt elimination payments on a loan by loan basis over multi-year periods with fluctuating positive and negative annual cash flows.
Furthermore, if your projected cash flow in any projection year would not be sufficient to meet either your required or accelerated debt payoff strategy, then VeriPlan would draw down your projected cash, bond, and equity assets. As required, VeriPlan would automatically project the liquidation of your projected financial assets in proportion to your chosen investment portfolio asset allocation.
VeriPlan is the most comprehensive, integrated, and automated financial planner and debt payoff software application that is available for personal use. It can easily help you to make better, more optimal financial decisions that take into account your full lifetime financial plan.
VeriPlan’s “Debt Payments” graphic provides a full lifetime picture of your annual debt payment obligations.
VeriPlan Debt Payments graphic, which is developed automatically for every projection, projects your annual debt repayment obligations according to your settings on VeriPlan’s ‘Your Debts’ worksheet. On VeriPlan’s ‘Your Debts’ worksheet, you also classify your debts as consumption-oriented or investment-oriented. Consumption-oriented debts represent past consumption that you have financed. Investment-oriented debts are those you take on with a rational expectation that they will enhance your human capital and/or portfolio assets.
The sample graphic below shows a projection for “Sue and Sam Saver”. In this scenario, VeriPlan projects that Sue and Sam would pay off their debts by their mid-60s. However, since their cash, bond, and stock assets would be gone in their mid-90s, VeriPlan would automatically accrue an unfunded consumption debt thereafter. Even though their financial assets are gone, but their living expenses would continue. (They might have other assets, such as real estate property, that could help them to avoid this future debt.)
Personal Financial Planning Software for Individuals
- About (
About the author
Lawrence J. Russell is the author of this website and the books offered through this website. He is also the architect and developer of the VeriPlan software discussed on this website. He holds a BS from M.I.T. (1975), MA from Brandeis University (1979), and MBA from Stanford University (1982). Larry is a former [...])
- Retirement tax optimization strategy (Optimal asset "tax location" strategies and drawing down traditional tax-advantaged assets, while delaying Social Security retirement payments
Investment tax location and Social Security tax optimization strategies could improve your lifetime financial plan. To understand how VeriPlan manages the automatic: A) reinvestment of positive annual cash flows from net earned income and other non-asset cash flows and [...])
- Long-term compounded real dollar and inflationary returns for the U.S. cash, bond, and stock asset classes (Long-term U.S. cash, bond, and stock asset class compounded returns
Many investors would like to have a better understanding of long-term historical investment returns, so that they can have a more realistic understanding of what investment returns might be in the future. This article informs interested investors about historical inflationary and real dollar returns for the [...])
- VeriPlan Overview 1: Personal Finance Decisions (VeriPlan Overview: Part 1 of 7
Improving personal finance decisions with VeriPlan
VeriPlan gives you significant personal insight into your most important personal finance and investment portfolio decisions. Through comprehensive and customized lifetime projections, VeriPlan's integrated financial calculators and investment calculators model your particular financial situation across your adult lifetime. VeriPlan projects fully integrated scenarios about your income, [...])
- Tactical asset allocation and market timing (The best individual financial planning and investment rules and practices are enduring and should not change due to market cycles or a financial crisis.
This article looks at asset allocation strategy in light of the recent credit crisis. The credit crisis was a systemic, global financial event that affected any financial or securities instrument influenced [...])
- Whole stock market investments versus strategy skews (Whole stock market investments versus investment strategy skews
Investors who decide to pursue passive equity index strategies still have a few very important strategy decisions to make. They can choose to buy the whole stock market or to adopt a “strategy skew,” when choosing stock index investment funds.
If an investor buys the whole stock market, they [...])
- Best Investment Strategy (Personal investing seems incredibly complex, but the best investment strategy also tends to be a more simple investment strategy
The complexity of personal investment management is driven by the nature of investing in securities that have uncertain and unknowable future values. Nobody -- amateur or professional -- has a working crystal ball that can predict future [...])
- Guard Your Credit from Financial Identity Theft (Guard Your Credit in the Event of Financial Identity Theft
Without becoming a victim of identity theft, you can get a free credit report from each of the three credit reporting agencies once a year. Federal law requires the three major credit reporting agencies to provide these free reports annually. To satisfy their obligations, Equifax, Experian, [...])
- Savings and Withdrawal Rates (Understand how your current savings rate and retirement withdrawal rate would affect all of your lifetime personal financial planning goals
Along with your efforts to increase your earned income, your personal savings rate largely determines your lifelong financial planning success or failure by steadily and more substantially feeding your investment portfolio. The attempt to be clever [...])
- Sitemap (
- Financial Planning and Identity Theft Prevention (Financial Planning Security and Identity Theft Prevention
You should take the potential for financial identity theft very seriously, as a threat to your financial security. Identity theft can sometimes entail loss of your financial assets, whether small or large. However, very often it requires taking a very large amount of your time to rectify an identity [...])
- Lifetime Savings Rate Calculator (Understand the current savings rate that is sufficient to meet your lifetime personal savings needs
If wealth were to be measured solely as assets currently owned, then financial and investment planning would be relatively simple. However, a much broader view is necessary. While higher income and more current assets obviously help, consumption differences between one person [...])
- Municipal Bonds and Marginal Income Tax Rates (Municipal Bond Investments and Marginal Income Tax Rates
Some investors hold municipal bonds in an attempt to reduce their tax burden. This article discusses the relationships between tax-exempt municipal bonds, marginal tax rates, and investment asset tax location.
An investor’s marginal tax rate is important, when making tax-related investment portfolio decisions. By combining your federal, state, and [...])
- Tax-Advantaged Retirement Investment Planning (Tax-advantaged retirement savings plans
You may have the opportunity to make investments into both individual retirement accounts (IRA) and into employer or self-employed tax-advantaged retirement plans, such as a 401k, 403b, 457, Keogh, Simple, or other employer sponsored retirement plan. In general, if your net wage and salary earnings after living expenses will provide enough free [...])
- VeriPlan Overview 5: Federal, State, and Local Tax Projections (VeriPlan Tax Calculator Overview: Part 5 of 7
The VeriPlan retirement planning calculator automatically projects your lifetime U.S. federal, state, and local taxes
With its fully integrated lifetime retirement tax calculator and income tax estimator features, the VeriPlan personal finance software automatically projects your lifetime tax obligations in eight different tax categories. VeriPlan automatically projects your financial [...])
- The Value of Future versus Current Consumption (These are some thoughts that I provided to a client couple struggling to live within their means, while also saving and investing for their future:
The most important long-term topic we discussed was how you as a couple can find a way to balance current consumption, which presently exceeds your dual incomes, against the need to [...])
- Home Buying Calculator (Plan the future purchase of homes with a sophisticated home buying calculator
VeriPlan's fully integrated and automated financial calculators and financial software tools deliver financial planning power to the individual. VeriPlan's home buying calculator tool automates the lifetime financial planning process associated with future residential home purchases. VeriPlan's home buyer calculator functionality automatically take into [...])
- College Savings Calculator (College savings calculator software helps you to plan college savings and other education expenses for you and your children
VeriPlan's fully integrated and automated financial calculators and financial software tools help you to determine whether your current savings rate would lead to a sustainable financial plan across your lifetime.
In addition, the VeriPlan lifetime retirement planning calculator [...])
- Concentrated holdings increase portfolio risk (Portfolio risk increases dramatically with concentrated holdings.
A significant portion of a portfolio may sometimes become concentrated in a single investment entity, which dramatically increases the overall risk of the portfolio. While generally undesirable, there sometimes are unavoidable reasons for investment concentration. Unavoidable reasons for lack of diversification can include owning a private business or being [...])
- Improve Your Finances with My Books, Software & Newsletter (Many people are confused and frustrated, because they do not have the knowledge and tools that they need to plan their financial futures efficiently and optimally. Addressing these problems, these ebooks and financial planning software will help you to get moving along your own path toward better lifetime and retirement financial planning and investing.
“Buyers Guide [...])
« College Savings Calculator | PERSONAL FINANCE SOFTWARE | Home Buying Calculator »