Debt Payoff Software
Decide whether accelerated mortgage debt and other accelerated loan repayments make sense for you
The VeriPlan personal finance software allows you to evaluate different loan payoff strategies across your lifetime financial plan. You can model higher monthly payments that accelerate the repayment of any particular loan or all loans. VeriPlan will automatically shift some of your positive net earned income cash flow toward accelerated debt repayment and away from additional cash, bond, and stock investment portfolio assets.
VeriPlan’s fully integrated mortgage calculator, loan calculator, and debt payoff functionality functionality can automatically project interest and principal payments on up to 25 of your currently outstanding loans.
The VeriPlan lifetime personal financial planner will continue to deduct interest and principal payments from your projected annual after tax cash flow for as long as any unpaid principal on these debts would remain. VeriPlan’s debt payoff software handles mortgages, lines of credit, bank loans, student loans, revolving credit arrangements, credit cards, or other types of loans.
Test the overall impact of accelerated debt repayments within the context of your full lifetime income, expense budget, assets, and taxes.
For example, VeriPlan automatically takes into account the tax deductibility of your property tax payments and your mortgage and real estate line of credit interest payments, when it projects your federal income taxes, state income taxes, local income taxes, and property taxes.
People usually consider the question of accelerating debt repayments, when they expect to have steady positive net income or cash flow to cover their debt repayments. The VeriPlan personal financial planner does not require this. VeriPlan can automatically project the financial impacts of minimum required loan repayments and/or accelerated debt elimination payments on a loan by loan basis over multi-year periods with fluctuating positive and negative annual cash flows.
Furthermore, if your projected cash flow in any projection year would not be sufficient to meet either your required or accelerated debt payoff strategy, then VeriPlan would draw down your projected cash, bond, and equity assets. As required, VeriPlan would automatically project the liquidation of your projected financial assets in proportion to your chosen investment portfolio asset allocation.
VeriPlan is the most comprehensive, integrated, and automated financial planner and debt payoff software application that is available for personal use. It can easily help you to make better, more optimal financial decisions that take into account your full lifetime financial plan.
VeriPlan’s “Debt Payments” graphic provides a full lifetime picture of your annual debt payment obligations.
VeriPlan Debt Payments graphic, which is developed automatically for every projection, projects your annual debt repayment obligations according to your settings on VeriPlan’s ‘Your Debts’ worksheet. On VeriPlan’s ‘Your Debts’ worksheet, you also classify your debts as consumption-oriented or investment-oriented. Consumption-oriented debts represent past consumption that you have financed. Investment-oriented debts are those you take on with a rational expectation that they will enhance your human capital and/or portfolio assets.
The sample graphic below shows a projection for “Sue and Sam Saver”. In this scenario, VeriPlan projects that Sue and Sam would pay off their debts by their mid-60s. However, since their cash, bond, and stock assets would be gone in their mid-90s, VeriPlan would automatically accrue an unfunded consumption debt thereafter. Even though their financial assets are gone, but their living expenses would continue. (They might have other assets, such as real estate property, that could help them to avoid this future debt.)
Personal Financial Planning Software for Individuals
- Buying low cost mutual funds and ETFs (Do your mutual fund and ETF investment research – and do it BEFORE you buy
Screened mutual fund and ETF lists are very helpful to any investor who wishes to focus on low cost mutual funds and ETFs. However, this is just the beginning of the investment process and not the end. Always understand any security [...])
- Municipal Bonds and Marginal Income Tax Rates (Municipal Bond Investments and Marginal Income Tax Rates
Some investors hold municipal bonds in an attempt to reduce their tax burden. This article discusses the relationships between tax-exempt municipal bonds, marginal tax rates, and investment asset tax location.
An investor’s marginal tax rate is important, when making tax-related investment portfolio decisions. By combining your federal, state, and [...])
- Fixed Income Investing (Use the best bond investment calculator to understand the projected value of your bond and fixed income assets across your lifetime
To develop your lifetime and retirement calculator projections using VeriPlan's compound investment calculator software, you can enter as many as 24 separate bond and fixed income asset holdings. For each of your current bond and [...])
- IRA, 401k, and Roth IRA Retirement Planning (Deciding between traditional retirement plan contributions and Roth retirement plan contributions
Whether or not to make investments into "traditional" tax-advantaged employer accounts and IRAs versus investing in "Roth" tax-advantaged employer accounts and personal IRAs is never a straightforward nor simple financial planning decision. The decision on the trade offs happens to be one of the most [...])
- Cash Asset Allocation (VeriPlan's investment growth calculator helps you to understand the projected value of your cash assets across your lifetime
To develop your lifetime projections, the VeriPlan compound investment calculator allows you to enter as many as 24 separate cash and cash equivalent asset holdings. For each of your current cash holding in your investment portfolio, you can [...])
- Contact Form (
If you have a question or comment, we would like to hear from you. Please use the form below to get in touch with us. Thank you!
[contact-form-7 id="4" title="Contact form 1"]
- Improve Your Finances with My Books, Software & Newsletter (Many people are confused and frustrated, because they do not have the knowledge and tools that they need to plan their financial futures efficiently and optimally. Addressing these problems, these ebooks and financial planning software will help you to get moving along your own path toward better lifetime and retirement financial planning and investing.
“Buyers Guide [...])
- ETFs are for experienced securities traders (ETFs are for experienced securities traders with open eyes
Some of my time, I work directly with paying clients to develop comprehensive lifetime financial plans and investment plans. I always explain the virtues of a globally diversified, fully passive, very low cost, index fund investment strategy. This is consistent with this website and with my other [...])
- Asset Allocation Strategy (Post-financial crisis commentary on tactical versus strategic asset allocation
The best individual financial planning and investment rules and practices are enduring and should not change due to market cycles or a financial crisis. This article looks at asset allocation strategy in light of the recent credit crisis.
The credit crisis was a systemic, global financial event that [...])
- Best Investment Strategy (Personal investing seems incredibly complex, but the best investment strategy also tends to be a more simple investment strategy
The complexity of personal investment management is driven by the nature of investing in securities that have uncertain and unknowable future values. Nobody -- amateur or professional -- has a working crystal ball that can predict future [...])
- Choose the broadest available whole market diversification (Choose the broadest available whole market diversification
Another risk reduction objective should be to achieve the broadest possible securities market diversification within your overall portfolio holdings. Whenever several low cost investment funds are available, I suggest choosing the fund with the broadest market coverage. This reflects a preference for owning the entire market. Such funds are [...])
- Lifetime Tax Planning Software (Automatically project your lifetime federal, state, and local income taxes, capital gains taxes, property taxes, and other taxes
VeriPlan's tax calculator software automatically projects your real dollar tax obligations using current tax rates and tax limits that would apply in your particular situation. For example, regarding your income taxes and income tax rates, the VeriPlan tax [...])
- Economic ETF trade size cost considerations (Economic ETF trading size considerations
This article discusses some considerations regarding efficient ETF trading and economic trade sizes. At the end of this section, you will also find two tables on ETF brokerage and trading cost amortization over 1, 3, 5, 10, and 20 year holding periods. There is one table on do-it-yourself ETF discount brokerage [...])
- Asset Allocation Calculator (Understand how your lifetime investment asset allocation strategy would affect the growth of your financial asset portfolio
Your tolerance for investment risk is a relative concept -- rather than an absolute concept. Your tolerance for investment risk is relative to the investment risk tolerance of all other investors. Few people like investment risk, but some can [...])
- Annual Tax Calculator (VeriPlan estimates your lifetime annual taxes in 8 different tax categories
The VeriPlan tax planning calculator projects your lifetime annual tax payments in 8 different tax categories. VeriPlan's fully integrated and automated lifetime annual tax calculator and retirement tax calculator capabilities automatically project your lifetime estimated taxes in these 8 tax categories:
Federal income taxes on earned [...])
- Savings and Withdrawal Rates (Understand how your current savings rate and retirement withdrawal rate would affect all of your lifetime personal financial planning goals
Along with your efforts to increase your earned income, your personal savings rate largely determines your lifelong financial planning success or failure by steadily and more substantially feeding your investment portfolio. The attempt to be clever [...])
- 401k Fees and Expenses (401k Fees and Expenses
Finding information about the costs of employer-sponsored defined contribution plans is difficult, because for years weak regulations have allowed the financial industry to obscure these costs and gouge millions of retirement plan participants. This has made it difficult for both employers and plan participants to understand the true costs of these retirement [...])
- Financial Planning and Identity Theft Prevention (Financial Planning Security and Identity Theft Prevention
You should take the potential for financial identity theft very seriously, as a threat to your financial security. Identity theft can sometimes entail loss of your financial assets, whether small or large. However, very often it requires taking a very large amount of your time to rectify an identity [...])
- Instead of non-traded REITs, buy publicly-traded REIT index mutual funds and ETFs (Publicly-traded REIT index mutual funds and ETFs add can add far more cost-effective real estate exposure to your portfolio
If you really need to add real estate securities to your portfolio, the most sensible way to do so is to buy very low cost REIT index mutual funds or ETFs. This article will overview why and [...])
- Lifetime Savings Rate Calculator (Understand the current savings rate that is sufficient to meet your lifetime personal savings needs
If wealth were to be measured solely as assets currently owned, then financial and investment planning would be relatively simple. However, a much broader view is necessary. While higher income and more current assets obviously help, consumption differences between one person [...])
« College Savings Calculator | PERSONAL FINANCE SOFTWARE | Home Buying Calculator »