Debt Payoff Software
Decide whether accelerated mortgage debt and other accelerated loan repayments make sense for you
The VeriPlan personal finance software allows you to evaluate different loan payoff strategies across your lifetime financial plan. You can model higher monthly payments that accelerate the repayment of any particular loan or all loans. VeriPlan will automatically shift some of your positive net earned income cash flow toward accelerated debt repayment and away from additional cash, bond, and stock investment portfolio assets.
VeriPlan’s fully integrated mortgage calculator, loan calculator, and debt payoff functionality functionality can automatically project interest and principal payments on up to 25 of your currently outstanding loans.
The VeriPlan lifetime personal financial planner will continue to deduct interest and principal payments from your projected annual after tax cash flow for as long as any unpaid principal on these debts would remain. VeriPlan’s debt payoff software handles mortgages, lines of credit, bank loans, student loans, revolving credit arrangements, credit cards, or other types of loans.
Test the overall impact of accelerated debt repayments within the context of your full lifetime income, expense budget, assets, and taxes.
For example, VeriPlan automatically takes into account the tax deductibility of your property tax payments and your mortgage and real estate line of credit interest payments, when it projects your federal income taxes, state income taxes, local income taxes, and property taxes.
People usually consider the question of accelerating debt repayments, when they expect to have steady positive net income or cash flow to cover their debt repayments. The VeriPlan personal financial planner does not require this. VeriPlan can automatically project the financial impacts of minimum required loan repayments and/or accelerated debt elimination payments on a loan by loan basis over multi-year periods with fluctuating positive and negative annual cash flows.
Furthermore, if your projected cash flow in any projection year would not be sufficient to meet either your required or accelerated debt payoff strategy, then VeriPlan would draw down your projected cash, bond, and equity assets. As required, VeriPlan would automatically project the liquidation of your projected financial assets in proportion to your chosen investment portfolio asset allocation.
VeriPlan is the most comprehensive, integrated, and automated financial planner and debt payoff software application that is available for personal use. It can easily help you to make better, more optimal financial decisions that take into account your full lifetime financial plan.
VeriPlan’s “Debt Payments” graphic provides a full lifetime picture of your annual debt payment obligations.
VeriPlan Debt Payments graphic, which is developed automatically for every projection, projects your annual debt repayment obligations according to your settings on VeriPlan’s ‘Your Debts’ worksheet. On VeriPlan’s ‘Your Debts’ worksheet, you also classify your debts as consumption-oriented or investment-oriented. Consumption-oriented debts represent past consumption that you have financed. Investment-oriented debts are those you take on with a rational expectation that they will enhance your human capital and/or portfolio assets.
The sample graphic below shows a projection for “Sue and Sam Saver”. In this scenario, VeriPlan projects that Sue and Sam would pay off their debts by their mid-60s. However, since their cash, bond, and stock assets would be gone in their mid-90s, VeriPlan would automatically accrue an unfunded consumption debt thereafter. Even though their financial assets are gone, but their living expenses would continue. (They might have other assets, such as real estate property, that could help them to avoid this future debt.)
Personal Financial Planning Software for Individuals
- Financial Planning and Identity Theft Prevention (Financial Planning Security and Identity Theft Prevention
You should take the potential for financial identity theft very seriously, as a threat to your financial security. Identity theft can sometimes entail loss of your financial assets, whether small or large. However, very often it requires taking a very large amount of your time to rectify an identity [...])
- 2013-10: October 2013 What Works in Personal Finance Newsletter (
October 2013 Newsletter
Identity Theft Protection and Prevention
This is the web address of this article:
As a threat to your financial security, you should take the potential for identity theft very seriously. Identity theft sometimes entails a loss of your money. However, whether or not you lose money, identity theft usually takes a very large amount of [...])
- Asset Allocation Strategy (Post-financial crisis commentary on tactical versus strategic asset allocation
The best individual financial planning and investment rules and practices are enduring and should not change due to market cycles or a financial crisis. This article looks at asset allocation strategy in light of the recent credit crisis.
The credit crisis was a systemic, global financial event that [...])
- Traditional Versus Roth IRA Decisions (Roth retirement investment strategies have a long payback period
When financial planners, investment advisers, and brokers advise their clients to convert their traditional IRA assets into Roth assets or to make annual Roth contributions rather than make alternative tax-deductible retirement account contributions, are asking for a huge leap of faith. Such proposals suggest that it would [...])
- Lifetime Savings Rate Calculator (Understand the current savings rate that is sufficient to meet your lifetime personal savings needs
If wealth were to be measured solely as assets currently owned, then financial and investment planning would be relatively simple. However, a much broader view is necessary. While higher income and more current assets obviously help, consumption differences between one person [...])
- 2013-12: December 2013 What Works in Personal Finance Newsletter (
December 2013 Newsletter
Concentrated holdings increase portfolio risk
For the full article, either click the title above or paste this address into your browser:
A significant portion of a portfolio may sometimes become concentrated in a single investment entity, which dramatically increases the overall risk of the portfolio. For 99.9+% of investors, there is absolutely no good reason [...])
- Roth IRA Calculators (Roth IRA Calculators
Using VeriPlan to evaluate Roth retirement account contribution and conversion trade-offs
This is the third part of a three-part article on Roth conversions and Roth IRA contribution calculators. The first part discusses the Roth account investment and asset conversion decision and the need for a sophisticated lifetime financial planning software tool to enable informed [...])
- Improve Your Finances with My Books, Software & Newsletter (Many people are confused and frustrated, because they do not have the knowledge and tools that they need to plan their financial futures efficiently and optimally. Addressing these problems, these ebooks and financial planning software will help you to get moving along your own path toward better lifetime and retirement financial planning and investing.
“Buyers Guide [...])
- Choose the broadest available whole market diversification (Choose the broadest available whole market diversification
Another risk reduction objective should be to achieve the broadest possible securities market diversification within your overall portfolio holdings. Whenever several low cost investment funds are available, I suggest choosing the fund with the broadest market coverage. This reflects a preference for owning the entire market. Such funds are [...])
- Fixed Income Investing (Use the best bond investment calculator to understand the projected value of your bond and fixed income assets across your lifetime
To develop your lifetime and retirement calculator projections using VeriPlan's compound investment calculator software, you can enter as many as 24 separate bond and fixed income asset holdings. For each of your current bond and [...])
- Too few low cost mutual funds and ETFs (Too few low cost mutual funds and ETFs – Far too many high cost funds
In screening and selecting low cost mutual funds and ETFs, you should understand this involves sorting and screening thousands of mutual funds and ETFs using databases from data vendors such as Morningstar and/or Lipper. It is shameful just how few low cost [...])
- Deciding when to begin initial Social Security retirement payments (Deciding when to begin initial Social Security retirement payments
In general, whether to accept Social Security payments early, at full retirement age, or later is a decision you will need to make as you approach retirement. This decision can depend upon many factors, including but not limited to your expected cash flow requirements, your health and [...])
- Sitemap (
- How to Use the VeriPlan Comprehensive Financial Planner (Developing a Family Financial Plan with VeriPlan
VeriPlan is personally customizable financial planning software that helps you develop your own comprehensive lifetime financial and investment plan for your family. Functioning as financial decision support software, it automates millions of integrated projection calculations behind the scenes. With VeriPlan you can improve your financial decision-making, because you are [...])
- 2013-11: November 2013 What Works in Personal Finance Newsletter (
November 2013 Newsletter
You are a financial industry profit center
For the full article, either click the title above or paste this address into your browser:
Why allow the financial industry to help itself to your money? In case you did not notice, the financial services industry has not done the world any favors lately. The financial industry [...])
- Investment Risk Tolerance Questionnaire (Investors with different appetites for investment risk tolerance are more satisfied with investment portfolio risk exposures that are more in line with their ability to cope with investment financial risk and rewards.
Investors who are more risk-averse are more satisfied with a less risky investment asset allocation – regardless of lower expected investment returns or the [...])
- Lifetime Income Projections (Understand your lifetime projected income from multiple sources after state and federal income taxes
VeriPlan's saving for retirement calculator software projects each of your income sources separately. Plus, it separately projects wage and salary and self-employment earnings for two different earners. With this sophisticated retirement savings calculator, you can control the growth for any income source [...])
- Buying low cost mutual funds and ETFs (Do your mutual fund and ETF investment research – and do it BEFORE you buy
Screened mutual fund and ETF lists are very helpful to any investor who wishes to focus on low cost mutual funds and ETFs. However, this is just the beginning of the investment process and not the end. Always understand any security [...])
- Going Back to College (Evaluate the financial trade-offs associated with mid-career education
VeriPlan's personal financial planning software helps you to evaluate the financial trade offs associated with mid-career education and going back to college. VeriPlan's personal finance software helps you to determine whether your current personal earnings, savings rate, and investment strategy could lead to a sustainable personal financial plan [...])
- What should your lifetime IRA, 401k, and Roth contribution strategies be? (VeriPlan helps you to decide what your lifetime IRA, 401k, Roth IRA, and Roth 401k contribution strategy should be
With IRA, 401k, and other tax-advantaged retirement investment portfolio accounts, you trade off the relative value of paying federal income taxes, state income taxes, and local income taxes now versus paying them either later or never. The [...])
« College Savings Calculator | PERSONAL FINANCE SOFTWARE | Home Buying Calculator »