Lifetime Tax Planning Software
Automatically project your lifetime federal, state, and local income taxes, capital gains taxes, property taxes, and other taxes
VeriPlan’s tax calculator software automatically projects your real dollar tax obligations using current tax rates and tax limits that would apply in your particular situation. For example, regarding your income taxes and income tax rates, the VeriPlan tax planning software uses current marginal federal income tax rates after taking into account your projected tax deductions, exemptions, and adjustments.
Regarding state taxes and local income tax rates, VeriPlan’s tax calculator tools assesse these taxes according to the marginal or flat tax rate method that applies in your tax jurisdiction. The VeriPlan pre- and post-retirement tax calculator automatically assesses Social Security taxes, Medicare taxes, self-employment taxes, real estate and property taxes, short-term capital gains taxes, and long-term capital gains taxes. In addition, VeriPlan fully integrated IRA retirement calculator and 401k retirement calculator facilities automatically apply lifetime taxes related to your traditional IRA, 401k, 403b, 457, Simple, Keogh and other retirement accounts and to your Roth IRA and to your designated Roth 401k, Roth 403b, and Roth 457 account contributions.
The VeriPlan tax calculator software automatically applies variable U.S. federal income tax rates and limits. Current federal tax rates are included, and all tax rates and limits in VeriPlan are user changeable. VeriPlan provides and applies variable or flat income tax rates and limits for the 50 U.S. states and Washington, D.C. Furthermore, this tax planning software automatically projects any local variable or flat ordinary income tax rates according to the rates and limits that you supply. VeriPlan supports both the ‘Single’ and “Married, Filing Jointly’ tax filing statuses for your federal, state, and local income tax projections.
The VeriPlan tax calculator software projects your full lifetime taxes in annual increments in these eight separate tax categories:
- Federal income taxes on earned income, interest income, retirement income, and other income
- State income tax and local income taxes on earned income, interest income, retirement income, and other income
- Social Security and Medicare taxes on earnings, plus income taxes on Social Security payments in retirement
- Property and real estate taxes
- Federal income taxes on mandatory tax-deferred account withdrawals and on withdrawals to pay living expenses
- State income taxes and local income taxes on mandatory and needed tax-deferred account withdrawals
- Federal long-term capital gains taxes
- State income taxes and local ordinary income taxes on long-term capital gains
This is a sample of the VeriPlan lifetime tax planning calculator graphic that shows projected taxes in eight categories. This tax planning software graphic, like all other VeriPlan graphics, is automatically developed for each planning scenario that you develop in VeriPlan. (Note that this particular projection models a scenario wherein one of the earners in the family would be unemployed for six months at age 34 and for a full year at age 51. This projected loss of earned income significantly changes their projected tax obligations, and this accounts for the dramatic fluctuations in projected tax payments that you see in this tax planning software projection graphic.)
VeriPlan’s income tax planning and tax calculator tools automatically project your full lifetime federal income tax deductions. In each projection year, it automatically applies the more favorable of either the standard deduction or your itemized deductions. The VeriPlan income tax calculator software projects your income tax exemptions for up to 10 dependents, and it manages income limited phase-outs of these tax exemptions. It also projects up to 6 different adjustments to your taxable federal income, and it manages associated differential income adjustment growth rates and phase-outs automatically.
To prevent product obsolescence in the future, as you continue to use VeriPlan, you can change any tax rates and tax limits, in case tax laws, rates, and limits change in the future. There is no need to buy an updated version of the VeriPlan home financial planning and retirement tax planning spreadsheet software, because you can update it yourself.
Personal Financial Planning Software for Individuals
- Roth Estate Planning Strategies (Roth IRA and Roth 401k Accounts and Roth Estate Planning Strategies
There are trade-offs when deciding whether to allocate contributions to Roth retirement savings accounts versus traditional retirement savings accounts that have deferred income taxation features. In the majority of personal finance situations, making 100% of allowable contributions to Roth retirement plans would probably not yield [...])
- How to Use the VeriPlan Comprehensive Financial Planner (Developing a Family Financial Plan with VeriPlan
VeriPlan is personally customizable financial planning software that helps you develop your own comprehensive lifetime financial and investment plan for your family. Functioning as financial decision support software, it automates millions of integrated projection calculations behind the scenes. With VeriPlan you can improve your financial decision-making, because you are [...])
- Retirement tax optimization strategy (Optimal asset "tax location" strategies and drawing down traditional tax-advantaged assets, while delaying Social Security retirement payments
Investment tax location and Social Security tax optimization strategies could improve your lifetime financial plan. To understand how VeriPlan manages the automatic: A) reinvestment of positive annual cash flows from net earned income and other non-asset cash flows and [...])
- Long-term compounded real dollar and inflationary returns for the U.S. cash, bond, and stock asset classes (Long-term U.S. cash, bond, and stock asset class compounded returns
Many investors would like to have a better understanding of long-term historical investment returns, so that they can have a more realistic understanding of what investment returns might be in the future. This article informs interested investors about historical inflationary and real dollar returns for the [...])
- Investment Risk Tolerance Questionnaire (Investors with different appetites for investment risk tolerance are more satisfied with investment portfolio risk exposures that are more in line with their ability to cope with investment financial risk and rewards.
Investors who are more risk-averse are more satisfied with a less risky investment asset allocation – regardless of lower expected investment returns or the [...])
- Investment Risk and Return (Lifetime trade-offs between investment portfolio risk and investment returns
When making personal finance and retirement planning decisions, individuals must confront the dilemma that, historically, more conservative portfolio investments have yielded substantially lower investment returns than the returns that riskier investments have delivered. With either lower or higher risk-adjusted market return strategies, you simply cannot have your [...])
- 2013-11: November 2013 What Works in Personal Finance Newsletter (
November 2013 Newsletter
You are a financial industry profit center
For the full article, either click the title above or paste this address into your browser:
Why allow the financial industry to help itself to your money? In case you did not notice, the financial services industry has not done the world any favors lately. The financial industry [...])
- What should your lifetime IRA, 401k, and Roth contribution strategies be? (VeriPlan helps you to decide what your lifetime IRA, 401k, Roth IRA, and Roth 401k contribution strategy should be
With IRA, 401k, and other tax-advantaged retirement investment portfolio accounts, you trade off the relative value of paying federal income taxes, state income taxes, and local income taxes now versus paying them either later or never. The [...])
- Best Investment Strategy (Personal investing seems incredibly complex, but the best investment strategy also tends to be a more simple investment strategy
The complexity of personal investment management is driven by the nature of investing in securities that have uncertain and unknowable future values. Nobody -- amateur or professional -- has a working crystal ball that can predict future [...])
- Non-traded REITs – relatively lousy investments (Research demonstrates that excessive expenses, conflicts of interest, and lack of markets cause non-traded REITs to be inferior investments
Research reports clearly show that non-traded real estate investment trust (REIT) securities are lousy investments. They are lousy, because an investor always has the alternative to invest in publicly traded individual REITs and REIT mutual funds and [...])
- Lifetime Investment Fees (Use a long term investment calculator to understand the lifetime costs of excessive investment fees
High mutual fund fees and other excessive investment fees are huge problems for the average individual investor. These excessive investment fees are the major factor that undermines the financial welfare of millions of Americans. The potential value of your investment portfolio [...])
- Stock Asset Allocation (Project the value of your stock and equity assets across your lifetime
To develop your investment growth projections, VeriPlan's stock investment calculator software allows you can enter as many as 99 separate stock and equity asset holdings. For each of your current stock and equity holdings, you can also enter your investment portfolio costs and your [...])
- VeriPlan Overview 4: Your Investment Portfolio Projections (VeriPlan Retirement Investment Calculator Overview: Part 4 of 7
Your investment portfolio and assets in VeriPlan
For each of your current investment portfolio asset holdings, the VeriPlan investment calculator software collects information about your share ownership amounts, values per share, investment costs, account taxability, and expected taxable capital gains distributions. The VeriPlan financial investment calculator automatically projects [...])
- Evaluating Roth IRA Conversions (Evaluating Roth IRA Conversions
This is the second part of a three-part article on Roth conversions, including information about Roth IRA conversion calculators and Roth IRA investment calculators. This article could help you to make a more informed decision about your family's Roth investment strategy. Key to you making a better decision about your lifetime Roth [...])
- Improve Your Finances with My Books, Software & Newsletter (Many people are confused and frustrated, because they do not have the knowledge and tools that they need to plan their financial futures efficiently and optimally. Addressing these problems, these ebooks and financial planning software will help you to get moving along your own path toward better lifetime and retirement financial planning and investing.
“Buyers Guide [...])
- Roth IRA Calculators (Roth IRA Calculators
Using VeriPlan to evaluate Roth retirement account contribution and conversion trade-offs
This is the third part of a three-part article on Roth conversions and Roth IRA contribution calculators. The first part discusses the Roth account investment and asset conversion decision and the need for a sophisticated lifetime financial planning software tool to enable informed [...])
- Contact Form (
If you have a question or comment, we would like to hear from you. Please use the form below to get in touch with us. Thank you!
[contact-form-7 id="4" title="Contact form 1"]
- Guard Your Credit from Financial Identity Theft (Guard Your Credit in the Event of Financial Identity Theft
Without becoming a victim of identity theft, you can get a free credit report from each of the three credit reporting agencies once a year. Federal law requires the three major credit reporting agencies to provide these free reports annually. To satisfy their obligations, Equifax, Experian, [...])
- Lifetime Income Projections (Understand your lifetime projected income from multiple sources after state and federal income taxes
VeriPlan's saving for retirement calculator software projects each of your income sources separately. Plus, it separately projects wage and salary and self-employment earnings for two different earners. With this sophisticated retirement savings calculator, you can control the growth for any income source [...])
- Going Back to College (Evaluate the financial trade-offs associated with mid-career education
VeriPlan's personal financial planning software helps you to evaluate the financial trade offs associated with mid-career education and going back to college. VeriPlan's personal finance software helps you to determine whether your current personal earnings, savings rate, and investment strategy could lead to a sustainable personal financial plan [...])
« Retirement Planning Software | PERSONAL FINANCE SOFTWARE | Lifetime Savings Rate Calculator »