Lifetime Tax Planning Software
Automatically project your lifetime federal, state, and local income taxes, capital gains taxes, property taxes, and other taxes
VeriPlan’s tax calculator software automatically projects your real dollar tax obligations using current tax rates and tax limits that would apply in your particular situation. For example, regarding your income taxes and income tax rates, the VeriPlan tax planning software uses current marginal federal income tax rates after taking into account your projected tax deductions, exemptions, and adjustments.
Regarding state taxes and local income tax rates, VeriPlan’s tax calculator tools assesse these taxes according to the marginal or flat tax rate method that applies in your tax jurisdiction. The VeriPlan pre- and post-retirement tax calculator automatically assesses Social Security taxes, Medicare taxes, self-employment taxes, real estate and property taxes, short-term capital gains taxes, and long-term capital gains taxes. In addition, VeriPlan fully integrated IRA retirement calculator and 401k retirement calculator facilities automatically apply lifetime taxes related to your traditional IRA, 401k, 403b, 457, Simple, Keogh and other retirement accounts and to your Roth IRA and to your designated Roth 401k, Roth 403b, and Roth 457 account contributions.
The VeriPlan tax calculator software automatically applies variable U.S. federal income tax rates and limits. Current federal tax rates are included, and all tax rates and limits in VeriPlan are user changeable. VeriPlan provides and applies variable or flat income tax rates and limits for the 50 U.S. states and Washington, D.C. Furthermore, this tax planning software automatically projects any local variable or flat ordinary income tax rates according to the rates and limits that you supply. VeriPlan supports both the ‘Single’ and “Married, Filing Jointly’ tax filing statuses for your federal, state, and local income tax projections.
The VeriPlan tax calculator software projects your full lifetime taxes in annual increments in these eight separate tax categories:
- Federal income taxes on earned income, interest income, retirement income, and other income
- State income tax and local income taxes on earned income, interest income, retirement income, and other income
- Social Security and Medicare taxes on earnings, plus income taxes on Social Security payments in retirement
- Property and real estate taxes
- Federal income taxes on mandatory tax-deferred account withdrawals and on withdrawals to pay living expenses
- State income taxes and local income taxes on mandatory and needed tax-deferred account withdrawals
- Federal long-term capital gains taxes
- State income taxes and local ordinary income taxes on long-term capital gains
This is a sample of the VeriPlan lifetime tax planning calculator graphic that shows projected taxes in eight categories. This tax planning software graphic, like all other VeriPlan graphics, is automatically developed for each planning scenario that you develop in VeriPlan. (Note that this particular projection models a scenario wherein one of the earners in the family would be unemployed for six months at age 34 and for a full year at age 51. This projected loss of earned income significantly changes their projected tax obligations, and this accounts for the dramatic fluctuations in projected tax payments that you see in this tax planning software projection graphic.)
VeriPlan’s income tax planning and tax calculator tools automatically project your full lifetime federal income tax deductions. In each projection year, it automatically applies the more favorable of either the standard deduction or your itemized deductions. The VeriPlan income tax calculator software projects your income tax exemptions for up to 10 dependents, and it manages income limited phase-outs of these tax exemptions. It also projects up to 6 different adjustments to your taxable federal income, and it manages associated differential income adjustment growth rates and phase-outs automatically.
To prevent product obsolescence in the future, as you continue to use VeriPlan, you can change any tax rates and tax limits, in case tax laws, rates, and limits change in the future. There is no need to buy an updated version of the VeriPlan home financial planning and retirement tax planning spreadsheet software, because you can update it yourself.
Personal Financial Planning Software for Individuals
- Improve Your Finances with My Books, Software & Newsletter (Many people are confused and frustrated, because they do not have the knowledge and tools that they need to plan their financial futures efficiently and optimally. Addressing these problems, these ebooks and financial planning software will help you to get moving along your own path toward better lifetime and retirement financial planning and investing.
“Buyers Guide [...])
- VeriPlan Lifetime Financial Planner — Annual Version Enhancements through 2017 (2017 VeriPlan home financial planning workbook enhancements
The 2017 version:
1) Updates US Federal and 50 state + DC tax rates, limits, phaseouts, and other tax parameters using the latest information available.
2) Updates tax information related to traditional and Roth tax-advantaged IRA and employer-sponsored retirement plan contributions and withdrawals.
3) Updates user adjustable historical asset class returns, inflation, [...])
- Non-traded REITs – relatively lousy investments (Research demonstrates that excessive expenses, conflicts of interest, and lack of markets cause non-traded REITs to be inferior investments
Research reports clearly show that non-traded real estate investment trust (REIT) securities are lousy investments. They are lousy, because an investor always has the alternative to invest in publicly traded individual REITs and REIT mutual funds and [...])
- Stock Asset Allocation (Project the value of your stock and equity assets across your lifetime
To develop your investment growth projections, VeriPlan's stock investment calculator software allows you can enter as many as 99 separate stock and equity asset holdings. For each of your current stock and equity holdings, you can also enter your investment portfolio costs and your [...])
- Exchange-traded funds (ETFs) versus mutual funds (Exchange-traded funds (ETFs) versus mutual funds
This article provides information about low cost ETFs, which account for only a few percent of the thousand plus ETFs and other exchange-traded products (ETPs) available to US investors. This article covers certain topics related to ETFs that are important to the investor who intends to use very low cost [...])
- Retirement tax optimization strategy (Optimal asset "tax location" strategies and drawing down traditional tax-advantaged assets, while delaying Social Security retirement payments
Investment tax location and Social Security tax optimization strategies could improve your lifetime financial plan. To understand how VeriPlan manages the automatic: A) reinvestment of positive annual cash flows from net earned income and other non-asset cash flows and [...])
- Annual Tax Calculator (VeriPlan estimates your lifetime annual taxes in 8 different tax categories
The VeriPlan tax planning calculator projects your lifetime annual tax payments in 8 different tax categories. VeriPlan's fully integrated and automated lifetime annual tax calculator and retirement tax calculator capabilities automatically project your lifetime estimated taxes in these 8 tax categories:
Federal income taxes on earned [...])
- Best Investment Strategy (Personal investing seems incredibly complex, but the best investment strategy also tends to be a more simple investment strategy
The complexity of personal investment management is driven by the nature of investing in securities that have uncertain and unknowable future values. Nobody -- amateur or professional -- has a working crystal ball that can predict future [...])
- Instead of non-traded REITs, buy publicly-traded REIT index mutual funds and ETFs (Publicly-traded REIT index mutual funds and ETFs add can add far more cost-effective real estate exposure to your portfolio
If you really need to add real estate securities to your portfolio, the most sensible way to do so is to buy very low cost REIT index mutual funds or ETFs. This article will overview why and [...])
- Home Buying Calculator (Plan the future purchase of homes with a sophisticated home buying calculator
VeriPlan's fully integrated and automated financial calculators and financial software tools deliver financial planning power to the individual. VeriPlan's home buying calculator tool automates the lifetime financial planning process associated with future residential home purchases. VeriPlan's home buyer calculator functionality automatically take into [...])
- Asset Allocation Calculator (Understand how your lifetime investment asset allocation strategy would affect the growth of your financial asset portfolio
Your tolerance for investment risk is a relative concept -- rather than an absolute concept. Your tolerance for investment risk is relative to the investment risk tolerance of all other investors. Few people like investment risk, but some can [...])
- Evaluating Roth IRA Conversions (Evaluating Roth IRA Conversions
This is the second part of a three-part article on Roth conversions, including information about Roth IRA conversion calculators and Roth IRA investment calculators. This article could help you to make a more informed decision about your family's Roth investment strategy. Key to you making a better decision about your lifetime Roth [...])
- Monthly Budget Planner Worksheet (Monthly budget planner worksheet
VeriPlan is the best personal financial planning software for individuals and families who want to develop a comprehensive lifetime financial plan. VeriPlan also includes a monthly budget planner worksheet covering 24 months.
Expense tracking, expense budgeting, and budget variance spreadsheets
This monthly expense planner covers 24 months and allows you to define your [...])
- Contact Form (
If you have a question or comment, we would like to hear from you. Please use the form below to get in touch with us. Thank you!
[contact-form-7 id="4" title="Contact form 1"]
- Retirement Planning Software (Automate your retirement savings and retirement planning projections
VeriPlan's comprehensive and integrated retirement planning software helps you to plan your retirement much more easily. VeriPlan's retirement planning calculator tools automate the lifetime financial planning process for your retirement income, retirement pensions, retirement annuities, Social Security payments, retirement expense budget, retirement taxes, and tax-advantaged retirement plans.
VeriPlan's integrated [...])
- College Savings Calculator (College savings calculator software helps you to plan college savings and other education expenses for you and your children
VeriPlan's fully integrated and automated financial calculators and financial software tools help you to determine whether your current savings rate would lead to a sustainable financial plan across your lifetime.
In addition, the VeriPlan lifetime retirement planning calculator [...])
- Tactical asset allocation and market timing (The best individual financial planning and investment rules and practices are enduring and should not change due to market cycles or a financial crisis.
This article looks at asset allocation strategy in light of the recent credit crisis. The credit crisis was a systemic, global financial event that affected any financial or securities instrument influenced [...])
- 2013-12: December 2013 What Works in Personal Finance Newsletter (
December 2013 Newsletter
Concentrated holdings increase portfolio risk
For the full article, either click the title above or paste this address into your browser:
A significant portion of a portfolio may sometimes become concentrated in a single investment entity, which dramatically increases the overall risk of the portfolio. For 99.9+% of investors, there is absolutely no good reason [...])
- 2013-11: November 2013 What Works in Personal Finance Newsletter (
November 2013 Newsletter
You are a financial industry profit center
For the full article, either click the title above or paste this address into your browser:
Why allow the financial industry to help itself to your money? In case you did not notice, the financial services industry has not done the world any favors lately. The financial industry [...])
- 401k Fees and Expenses (401k Fees and Expenses
Finding information about the costs of employer-sponsored defined contribution plans is difficult, because for years weak regulations have allowed the financial industry to obscure these costs and gouge millions of retirement plan participants. This has made it difficult for both employers and plan participants to understand the true costs of these retirement [...])
« Retirement Planning Software | PERSONAL FINANCE SOFTWARE | Lifetime Savings Rate Calculator »