Cash Asset Allocation
VeriPlan’s investment growth calculator helps you to understand the projected value of your cash assets across your lifetime
To develop your lifetime projections, the VeriPlan compound investment calculator allows you to enter as many as 24 separate cash and cash equivalent asset holdings. For each of your current cash holding in your investment portfolio, you can also enter your investment costs and your current tax basis.
In addition, you can indicate whether you hold a particular cash asset in a taxable investment account, in a traditional IRA or other tax-advantaged traditional retirement plan account, versus in a Roth IRA retirement account or a designated Roth 403b, 457, 401k retirement account.
Using the information that you provide about your current cash, bond, and stock holdings, VeriPlan’s future value investment calculator will automatically project the net worth valuation, investment cost, and tax characteristics of your investment portfolio annually across your lifetime.
Furthermore, VeriPlan’s home retirement investment calculator capabilities will project your year-by-year positive and/or negative net income from earned income and other non-asset income sources, after your annual living expenses would be paid. Then, VeriPlan’s fully integrated savings investment calculator will automatically project your return on investment and net worth broken down by asset class.
Project your lifetime stock, bond, and cash assets with automated annual rebalancing, capital gains taxes, and investment cost calculations.
VeriPlan’s long term investment calculator features will project your annual lifetime investment returns net of investment costs and investment taxes, according to the particular asset allocation method you have chosen from the five provided by VeriPlan’s retirement calculator asset allocation tool. Simultaneously, VeriPlan will automatically take into account and report on your investment costs and on your capital gains tax and other tax obligations.
Your VeriPlan IRA investment calculator lifetime projections always maintain a separation between A) your taxable accounts, B) your traditional IRA, 401k, 403b, 457, Simple, Keogh, and other traditional retirement savings accounts, and C) your Roth IRA and Roth 401k retirement accounts. With VeriPlan’s Roth IRA investment calculator and its 457, 403b and 401k investment calculator features, taxes on your projected asset returns and withdrawals will be applied differently, depending upon the tax rules for each type of account.
Your current investment portfolio costs allow the VeriPlan home investment calculator to measure the cost efficiency of your financial investment portfolio related to the five major types of investment costs. VeriPlan’s cost efficiency measurements are weight-adjusted by the value of the assets that you are projected to hold in each of your cash, bond, and stock asset accounts across you lifetime.
VeriPlan’s five asset allocation methods allow you to analyze a wide variety of asset allocation strategies for your lifetime through its easy-to-use:
- cash savings investment calculator,
- bond investment calculator,
- stock investment calculator, and
- mutual fund investment calculator software features.
Here is an example of one of VeriPlan’s lifetime retirement planning worksheet projection graphics with a 10% allocation to cash and cash equivalent assets. This graphic projects your cash, bond, and stock financial assets. Additional lifetime graphics automatically project your real estate and other assets, while also reflecting your projected debts.
Internally, the VeriPlan financial investment calculator maintains separate information for each of your individual investment asset accounts throughout your lifetime projections. This very detailed approach allows VeriPlan to project automatically your overall portfolio tax efficiency and investment cost efficiency for each year of your lifetime projection.
The VeriPlan retirement planning spreadsheet does this even though the net values of your individual asset holdings may change at different rates due to differences in investment appreciation, costs, and taxes. By completely avoiding the use of arbitrary averages across groups of investors, the VeriPlan retirement planning tool provides you with much deeper and unique insights based on your particular personal financial planning across your lifetime.
Personal Financial Planning Software for Individuals
- Tax-Advantaged Retirement Investment Planning (Tax-advantaged retirement savings plans
You may have the opportunity to make investments into both individual retirement accounts (IRA) and into employer or self-employed tax-advantaged retirement plans, such as a 401k, 403b, 457, Keogh, Simple, or other employer sponsored retirement plan. In general, if your net wage and salary earnings after living expenses will provide enough free [...])
- College Savings Calculator (College savings calculator software helps you to plan college savings and other education expenses for you and your children
VeriPlan's fully integrated and automated financial calculators and financial software tools help you to determine whether your current savings rate would lead to a sustainable financial plan across your lifetime.
In addition, the VeriPlan lifetime retirement planning calculator [...])
- VeriPlan Overview 3: Your Income and Debt Projections (VeriPlan Overview: Part 3 of 7
Your income and debts in VeriPlan
The VeriPlan financial planning software with its wide variety of fully integrated financial calculators and investment calculators uses your inputs about your financial situation and investment portfolio to develop your current projection baseline. VeriPlan collects the following personal financial information:
Your Initial Ages:
VeriPlan is a lifetime projection [...])
- Roth Estate Planning Strategies (Roth IRA and Roth 401k Accounts and Roth Estate Planning Strategies
There are trade-offs when deciding whether to allocate contributions to Roth retirement savings accounts versus traditional retirement savings accounts that have deferred income taxation features. In the majority of personal finance situations, making 100% of allowable contributions to Roth retirement plans would probably not yield [...])
- Annual Tax Calculator (VeriPlan estimates your lifetime annual taxes in 8 different tax categories
The VeriPlan tax planning calculator projects your lifetime annual tax payments in 8 different tax categories. VeriPlan's fully integrated and automated lifetime annual tax calculator and retirement tax calculator capabilities automatically project your lifetime estimated taxes in these 8 tax categories:
Federal income taxes on earned [...])
- Best Investment Strategy (Personal investing seems incredibly complex, but the best investment strategy also tends to be a more simple investment strategy
The complexity of personal investment management is driven by the nature of investing in securities that have uncertain and unknowable future values. Nobody -- amateur or professional -- has a working crystal ball that can predict future [...])
- VeriPlan Overview 6: Ten Automated Lifetime and Retirement Calculator Tools (VeriPlan Overview: Part 6 of 7
VeriPlan's 10 financial planning tools and retirement planning calculators
Retirement Planning Calculator Tool:
With this retirement planning tool, you can set individual retirement ages for Earners 1 and 2. You can select whether or not to retire simultaneously. You can also adjust your expected ordinary living expense budget in retirement and the [...])
- Roth IRA Calculators (Roth IRA Calculators
Using VeriPlan to evaluate Roth retirement account contribution and conversion trade-offs
This is the third part of a three-part article on Roth conversions and Roth IRA contribution calculators. The first part discusses the Roth account investment and asset conversion decision and the need for a sophisticated lifetime financial planning software tool to enable informed [...])
- 2014-01: January 2014 What Works in Personal Finance Newsletter (
- Asset Allocation Strategy (Post-financial crisis commentary on tactical versus strategic asset allocation
The best individual financial planning and investment rules and practices are enduring and should not change due to market cycles or a financial crisis. This article looks at asset allocation strategy in light of the recent credit crisis.
The credit crisis was a systemic, global financial event that [...])
- Sitemap (
- Concentrated holdings increase portfolio risk (Portfolio risk increases dramatically with concentrated holdings.
A significant portion of a portfolio may sometimes become concentrated in a single investment entity, which dramatically increases the overall risk of the portfolio. While generally undesirable, there sometimes are unavoidable reasons for investment concentration. Unavoidable reasons for lack of diversification can include owning a private business or being [...])
- Monthly Budget Planner Worksheet (Monthly budget planner worksheet
VeriPlan is the best personal financial planning software for individuals and families who want to develop a comprehensive lifetime financial plan. VeriPlan also includes a monthly budget planner worksheet covering 24 months.
Expense tracking, expense budgeting, and budget variance spreadsheets
This monthly expense planner covers 24 months and allows you to define your [...])
- VeriPlan Lifetime Financial Planner — Annual Version Enhancements through 2017 (2017 VeriPlan home financial planning workbook enhancements
The 2017 version:
1) Updates US Federal and 50 state + DC tax rates, limits, phaseouts, and other tax parameters using the latest information available.
2) Updates tax information related to traditional and Roth tax-advantaged IRA and employer-sponsored retirement plan contributions and withdrawals.
3) Updates user adjustable historical asset class returns, inflation, [...])
- Home Buying Calculator (Plan the future purchase of homes with a sophisticated home buying calculator
VeriPlan's fully integrated and automated financial calculators and financial software tools deliver financial planning power to the individual. VeriPlan's home buying calculator tool automates the lifetime financial planning process associated with future residential home purchases. VeriPlan's home buyer calculator functionality automatically take into [...])
- About (
About the author
Lawrence J. Russell is the author of this website and the books offered through this website. He is also the architect and developer of the VeriPlan software discussed on this website. He holds a BS from M.I.T. (1975), MA from Brandeis University (1979), and MBA from Stanford University (1982). Larry is a former [...])
- Projecting the size of your future estate (VeriPlan's investment growth calculator helps you to project the size of your estate in future years
Your investment portfolio and other property assets are simply your evolving estate. These valuable assets could become your estate at any time. As you proceed through life and become more successful financially, you need to monitor the size and trajectory of [...])
- Improve Your Finances with My Books, Software & Newsletter (Many people are confused and frustrated, because they do not have the knowledge and tools that they need to plan their financial futures efficiently and optimally. Addressing these problems, these ebooks and financial planning software will help you to get moving along your own path toward better lifetime and retirement financial planning and investing.
“Buyers Guide [...])
- Debt Payoff Software (Decide whether accelerated mortgage debt and other accelerated loan repayments make sense for you
The VeriPlan personal finance software allows you to evaluate different loan payoff strategies across your lifetime financial plan. You can model higher monthly payments that accelerate the repayment of any particular loan or all loans. VeriPlan will automatically shift some of your positive [...])
- Lifetime Savings Rate Calculator (Understand the current savings rate that is sufficient to meet your lifetime personal savings needs
If wealth were to be measured solely as assets currently owned, then financial and investment planning would be relatively simple. However, a much broader view is necessary. While higher income and more current assets obviously help, consumption differences between one person [...])
« Lifetime Investment Fees | PERSONAL FINANCE SOFTWARE | Fixed Income Investing »