Cash Asset Allocation
VeriPlan’s investment growth calculator helps you to understand the projected value of your cash assets across your lifetime
To develop your lifetime projections, the VeriPlan compound investment calculator allows you to enter as many as 24 separate cash and cash equivalent asset holdings. For each of your current cash holding in your investment portfolio, you can also enter your investment costs and your current tax basis.
In addition, you can indicate whether you hold a particular cash asset in a taxable investment account, in a traditional IRA or other tax-advantaged traditional retirement plan account, versus in a Roth IRA retirement account or a designated Roth 403b, 457, 401k retirement account.
Using the information that you provide about your current cash, bond, and stock holdings, VeriPlan’s future value investment calculator will automatically project the net worth valuation, investment cost, and tax characteristics of your investment portfolio annually across your lifetime.
Furthermore, VeriPlan’s home retirement investment calculator capabilities will project your year-by-year positive and/or negative net income from earned income and other non-asset income sources, after your annual living expenses would be paid. Then, VeriPlan’s fully integrated savings investment calculator will automatically project your return on investment and net worth broken down by asset class.
Project your lifetime stock, bond, and cash assets with automated annual rebalancing, capital gains taxes, and investment cost calculations.
VeriPlan’s long term investment calculator features will project your annual lifetime investment returns net of investment costs and investment taxes, according to the particular asset allocation method you have chosen from the five provided by VeriPlan’s retirement calculator asset allocation tool. Simultaneously, VeriPlan will automatically take into account and report on your investment costs and on your capital gains tax and other tax obligations.
Your VeriPlan IRA investment calculator lifetime projections always maintain a separation between A) your taxable accounts, B) your traditional IRA, 401k, 403b, 457, Simple, Keogh, and other traditional retirement savings accounts, and C) your Roth IRA and Roth 401k retirement accounts. With VeriPlan’s Roth IRA investment calculator and its 457, 403b and 401k investment calculator features, taxes on your projected asset returns and withdrawals will be applied differently, depending upon the tax rules for each type of account.
Your current investment portfolio costs allow the VeriPlan home investment calculator to measure the cost efficiency of your financial investment portfolio related to the five major types of investment costs. VeriPlan’s cost efficiency measurements are weight-adjusted by the value of the assets that you are projected to hold in each of your cash, bond, and stock asset accounts across you lifetime.
VeriPlan’s five asset allocation methods allow you to analyze a wide variety of asset allocation strategies for your lifetime through its easy-to-use:
- cash savings investment calculator,
- bond investment calculator,
- stock investment calculator, and
- mutual fund investment calculator software features.
Here is an example of one of VeriPlan’s lifetime retirement planning worksheet projection graphics with a 10% allocation to cash and cash equivalent assets. This graphic projects your cash, bond, and stock financial assets. Additional lifetime graphics automatically project your real estate and other assets, while also reflecting your projected debts.
Internally, the VeriPlan financial investment calculator maintains separate information for each of your individual investment asset accounts throughout your lifetime projections. This very detailed approach allows VeriPlan to project automatically your overall portfolio tax efficiency and investment cost efficiency for each year of your lifetime projection.
The VeriPlan retirement planning spreadsheet does this even though the net values of your individual asset holdings may change at different rates due to differences in investment appreciation, costs, and taxes. By completely avoiding the use of arbitrary averages across groups of investors, the VeriPlan retirement planning tool provides you with much deeper and unique insights based on your particular personal financial planning across your lifetime.
Personal Financial Planning Software for Individuals
- 2014-01: January 2014 What Works in Personal Finance Newsletter (
- Concentrated holdings increase portfolio risk (Portfolio risk increases dramatically with concentrated holdings.
A significant portion of a portfolio may sometimes become concentrated in a single investment entity, which dramatically increases the overall risk of the portfolio. While generally undesirable, there sometimes are unavoidable reasons for investment concentration. Unavoidable reasons for lack of diversification can include owning a private business or being [...])
- Financial Planning and Identity Theft Prevention (Financial Planning Security and Identity Theft Prevention
You should take the potential for financial identity theft very seriously, as a threat to your financial security. Identity theft can sometimes entail loss of your financial assets, whether small or large. However, very often it requires taking a very large amount of your time to rectify an identity [...])
- Debt Payoff Software (Decide whether accelerated mortgage debt and other accelerated loan repayments make sense for you
The VeriPlan personal finance software allows you to evaluate different loan payoff strategies across your lifetime financial plan. You can model higher monthly payments that accelerate the repayment of any particular loan or all loans. VeriPlan will automatically shift some of your positive [...])
- Municipal Bonds and Marginal Income Tax Rates (Municipal Bond Investments and Marginal Income Tax Rates
Some investors hold municipal bonds in an attempt to reduce their tax burden. This article discusses the relationships between tax-exempt municipal bonds, marginal tax rates, and investment asset tax location.
An investor’s marginal tax rate is important, when making tax-related investment portfolio decisions. By combining your federal, state, and [...])
- Long-term compounded real dollar and inflationary returns for the U.S. cash, bond, and stock asset classes (Long-term U.S. cash, bond, and stock asset class compounded returns
Many investors would like to have a better understanding of long-term historical investment returns, so that they can have a more realistic understanding of what investment returns might be in the future. This article informs interested investors about historical inflationary and real dollar returns for the [...])
- Lifetime Tax Planning Software (Automatically project your lifetime federal, state, and local income taxes, capital gains taxes, property taxes, and other taxes
VeriPlan's tax calculator software automatically projects your real dollar tax obligations using current tax rates and tax limits that would apply in your particular situation. For example, regarding your income taxes and income tax rates, the VeriPlan tax [...])
- Sitemap (
- Are ETF expenses really lower than mutual funds? (Are ETF management expenses really lower than mutual fund management expenses?
Yes and no. When you look at the full range of ETF management expense ratios, you find the most ETFs have a management expense ratio under 1% per year. In contrast, the average expense ratio for mutual funds exceeds 1%, so obviously the majority mutual [...])
- Investment Risk Tolerance Questionnaire (Investors with different appetites for investment risk tolerance are more satisfied with investment portfolio risk exposures that are more in line with their ability to cope with investment financial risk and rewards.
Investors who are more risk-averse are more satisfied with a less risky investment asset allocation – regardless of lower expected investment returns or the [...])
- ETFs are for experienced securities traders (ETFs are for experienced securities traders with open eyes
Some of my time, I work directly with paying clients to develop comprehensive lifetime financial plans and investment plans. I always explain the virtues of a globally diversified, fully passive, very low cost, index fund investment strategy. This is consistent with this website and with my other [...])
- Stock Asset Allocation (Project the value of your stock and equity assets across your lifetime
To develop your investment growth projections, VeriPlan's stock investment calculator software allows you can enter as many as 99 separate stock and equity asset holdings. For each of your current stock and equity holdings, you can also enter your investment portfolio costs and your [...])
- VeriPlan Lifetime Financial Planner — Annual Version Enhancements through 2017 (2017 VeriPlan home financial planning workbook enhancements
The 2017 version:
1) Updates US Federal and 50 state + DC tax rates, limits, phaseouts, and other tax parameters using the latest information available.
2) Updates tax information related to traditional and Roth tax-advantaged IRA and employer-sponsored retirement plan contributions and withdrawals.
3) Updates user adjustable historical asset class returns, inflation, [...])
- Deciding when to begin initial Social Security retirement payments (Deciding when to begin initial Social Security retirement payments
In general, whether to accept Social Security payments early, at full retirement age, or later is a decision you will need to make as you approach retirement. This decision can depend upon many factors, including but not limited to your expected cash flow requirements, your health and [...])
- 2013-11: November 2013 What Works in Personal Finance Newsletter (
November 2013 Newsletter
You are a financial industry profit center
For the full article, either click the title above or paste this address into your browser:
Why allow the financial industry to help itself to your money? In case you did not notice, the financial services industry has not done the world any favors lately. The financial industry [...])
- VeriPlan Overview 3: Your Income and Debt Projections (VeriPlan Overview: Part 3 of 7
Your income and debts in VeriPlan
The VeriPlan financial planning software with its wide variety of fully integrated financial calculators and investment calculators uses your inputs about your financial situation and investment portfolio to develop your current projection baseline. VeriPlan collects the following personal financial information:
Your Initial Ages:
VeriPlan is a lifetime projection [...])
- Career Education Financial Planning (Using VeriPlan as a Mid-Career Education Financial Planning Tool
VeriPlan can easily be used to analyze whether it is worth returning to school to improve one's earnings capacity. The following example explains the steps to take to analyze the value of obtaining additional education to further one's career by using VeriPlan as and education financial planning [...])
- VeriPlan Overview 6: Ten Automated Lifetime and Retirement Calculator Tools (VeriPlan Overview: Part 6 of 7
VeriPlan's 10 financial planning tools and retirement planning calculators
Retirement Planning Calculator Tool:
With this retirement planning tool, you can set individual retirement ages for Earners 1 and 2. You can select whether or not to retire simultaneously. You can also adjust your expected ordinary living expense budget in retirement and the [...])
- 2013-12: December 2013 What Works in Personal Finance Newsletter (
December 2013 Newsletter
Concentrated holdings increase portfolio risk
For the full article, either click the title above or paste this address into your browser:
A significant portion of a portfolio may sometimes become concentrated in a single investment entity, which dramatically increases the overall risk of the portfolio. For 99.9+% of investors, there is absolutely no good reason [...])
- Protect Your Financial Security (The Only Real Protector of Your Financial Security Is You!
Reduce the Chances of Mail Theft
Never leave any outgoing financial letters containing checks or sensitive information outside in public for the postman. To receive mail, you should have a mail drop slot rather than a mailbox on the outside of the house. Always mail your financial [...])
« Lifetime Investment Fees | PERSONAL FINANCE SOFTWARE | Fixed Income Investing »