Fixed Income Investing
Use the best bond investment calculator to understand the projected value of your bond and fixed income assets across your lifetime
To develop your lifetime and retirement calculator projections using VeriPlan’s compound investment calculator software, you can enter as many as 24 separate bond and fixed income asset holdings. For each of your current bond and fixed income holdings, you can also enter your investment fees and your tax basis. In addition, you can indicate whether you hold a particular bond or fixed income asset 1) in a taxable account, 2) in a traditional IRA, 401k or other traditional retirement plan investment account, or 3) in a Roth IRA, Roth 403b, Roth 457, or Roth 401k account.
Using the information that you provide about your current cash, bond, and stock asset holdings, VeriPlan’s investment growth calculator functionality will automatically project your lifetime annual net worth — net of the investment costs and tax characteristics of your current financial investment portfolio. In addition, the VeriPlan savings and investment calculator automatically analyzes your cash flow and projects your year-by-year positive and/or negative net income from your earned income and other non-asset income sources, after your projected annual living expenses would be paid.
Then, VeriPlan automatically projects your return on investment and investment portfolio growth, according to the particular asset allocation method that you chose from among the five user customizable methods that are provided with VeriPlan’s asset allocation tool. Through its easy-to-use and fully integrated
- cash savings and investment calculator,
- bond investment calculator,
- stock investment calculator,
- mutual fund investment calculator,
- 401k investment calculator,
- IRA investment calculator, and
- Roth IRA investment calculator software features,
you can experiment with different cash, bond, and stock investment percentages across your lifetime.
A VeriPlan lifetime cash, stock, and bond investment calculator projection graphic with an increasing allocation to bond or fixed income investing:
The VeriPlan retirement planning software also acts as an annual income tax estimator and asset tax estimator for every year of your lifetime. VeriPlan automatically takes into account and reports on your investment costs and your projected capital gains tax obligations. Your VeriPlan hypothetical investment calculator projections always maintain a separation between your taxable accounts, your traditional IRA, 401k and other traditional retirement investment accounts, and your Roth IRA and Roth 401k accounts.
Taxes on your projected asset returns and withdrawals are applied differentially, depending upon the current rules for each type of account. When you enter your current investment costs, the VeriPlan retirement investment calculator automatically measures the cost efficiency of your financial asset portfolio related to the five major types of investment costs. VeriPlan’s cost efficiency projections are automatically weight-adjusted by the value of the assets that you hold in each of your cash, bond, and stock asset accounts across you lifetime.
Internally, the VeriPlan future value investment calculator maintains separate information for each of your individual portfolio accounts throughout your lifetime projections. This very detailed approach allows VeriPlan to project automatically your overall portfolio tax efficiency and investment efficiency for each year of your lifetime projection.
VeriPlan does this even though the net values of your individual asset holdings may change at different rates due to differences in investment returns growth, costs, and taxes. By avoiding the use of arbitrary averages across groups of investors, VeriPlan gives you much more personalized and deeper insights into your projected financial planning circumstances.
Personal Financial Planning Software for Individuals
- Sitemap (
- Home Buying Calculator (Plan the future purchase of homes with a sophisticated home buying calculator
VeriPlan's fully integrated and automated financial calculators and financial software tools deliver financial planning power to the individual. VeriPlan's home buying calculator tool automates the lifetime financial planning process associated with future residential home purchases. VeriPlan's home buyer calculator functionality automatically take into [...])
- Diversification and the credit crisis (The best personal investment and financial planning practices are durable and should not change because of market cycles and financial crises.
Less diversified active strategies tend of be sub-optimal, involving greater portfolio volatility and risk accompanied by higher costs in term of expenses, taxes, time commitment, and stomach acid. The best investment strategy is to seek [...])
- About (
About the author
Lawrence J. Russell is the author of this website and the books offered through this website. He is also the architect and developer of the VeriPlan software discussed on this website. He holds a BS from M.I.T. (1975), MA from Brandeis University (1979), and MBA from Stanford University (1982). Larry is a former [...])
- Improve Your Finances with My Books, Software & Newsletter (Many people are confused and frustrated, because they do not have the knowledge and tools that they need to plan their financial futures efficiently and optimally. Addressing these problems, these ebooks and financial planning software will help you to get moving along your own path toward better lifetime and retirement financial planning and investing.
“Buyers Guide [...])
- Roth IRA Calculators (Roth IRA Calculators
Using VeriPlan to evaluate Roth retirement account contribution and conversion trade-offs
This is the third part of a three-part article on Roth conversions and Roth IRA contribution calculators. The first part discusses the Roth account investment and asset conversion decision and the need for a sophisticated lifetime financial planning software tool to enable informed [...])
- Lifetime Savings Rate Calculator (Understand the current savings rate that is sufficient to meet your lifetime personal savings needs
If wealth were to be measured solely as assets currently owned, then financial and investment planning would be relatively simple. However, a much broader view is necessary. While higher income and more current assets obviously help, consumption differences between one person [...])
- Roth Estate Planning Strategies (Roth IRA and Roth 401k Accounts and Roth Estate Planning Strategies
There are trade-offs when deciding whether to allocate contributions to Roth retirement savings accounts versus traditional retirement savings accounts that have deferred income taxation features. In the majority of personal finance situations, making 100% of allowable contributions to Roth retirement plans would probably not yield [...])
- Deciding when to begin initial Social Security retirement payments (Deciding when to begin initial Social Security retirement payments
In general, whether to accept Social Security payments early, at full retirement age, or later is a decision you will need to make as you approach retirement. This decision can depend upon many factors, including but not limited to your expected cash flow requirements, your health and [...])
- Retirement tax optimization strategy (Optimal asset "tax location" strategies and drawing down traditional tax-advantaged assets, while delaying Social Security retirement payments
Investment tax location and Social Security tax optimization strategies could improve your lifetime financial plan. To understand how VeriPlan manages the automatic: A) reinvestment of positive annual cash flows from net earned income and other non-asset cash flows and [...])
- ETFs are for experienced securities traders (ETFs are for experienced securities traders with open eyes
Some of my time, I work directly with paying clients to develop comprehensive lifetime financial plans and investment plans. I always explain the virtues of a globally diversified, fully passive, very low cost, index fund investment strategy. This is consistent with this website and with my other [...])
- VeriPlan Overview 3: Your Income and Debt Projections (VeriPlan Overview: Part 3 of 7
Your income and debts in VeriPlan
The VeriPlan financial planning software with its wide variety of fully integrated financial calculators and investment calculators uses your inputs about your financial situation and investment portfolio to develop your current projection baseline. VeriPlan collects the following personal financial information:
Your Initial Ages:
VeriPlan is a lifetime projection [...])
- Retirement Investment Calculator (Project your lifetime investment assets using a sophisticated, do-it-yourself retirement investment calculator
VeriPlan's lifetime compound investment calculator retirement software develops customized scenarios that are based on your current personal financial situation and on your goals and objectives for the future. VeriPlan is a sophisticated and fully integrated future value investment calculator that automatically projects the year-by-year [...])
- Annual Tax Calculator (VeriPlan estimates your lifetime annual taxes in 8 different tax categories
The VeriPlan tax planning calculator projects your lifetime annual tax payments in 8 different tax categories. VeriPlan's fully integrated and automated lifetime annual tax calculator and retirement tax calculator capabilities automatically project your lifetime estimated taxes in these 8 tax categories:
Federal income taxes on earned [...])
- Protect Your Financial Security (The Only Real Protector of Your Financial Security Is You!
Reduce the Chances of Mail Theft
Never leave any outgoing financial letters containing checks or sensitive information outside in public for the postman. To receive mail, you should have a mail drop slot rather than a mailbox on the outside of the house. Always mail your financial [...])
- Lifetime Income Projections (Understand your lifetime projected income from multiple sources after state and federal income taxes
VeriPlan's saving for retirement calculator software projects each of your income sources separately. Plus, it separately projects wage and salary and self-employment earnings for two different earners. With this sophisticated retirement savings calculator, you can control the growth for any income source [...])
- Buy investment funds through low cost channels (Do not buy mutual funds and ETFs through high cost vendors
All mutual funds and ETFs are not created equally. Most are created to serve the business interests of the financial industry rather than to deliver investment vehicles that are likely to serve the best interests of individual investors.
Do not purchase any mutual funds or ETFs through [...])
- Monthly Budget Planner Worksheet (Monthly budget planner worksheet
VeriPlan is the best personal financial planning software for individuals and families who want to develop a comprehensive lifetime financial plan. VeriPlan also includes a monthly budget planner worksheet covering 24 months.
Expense tracking, expense budgeting, and budget variance spreadsheets
This monthly expense planner covers 24 months and allows you to define your [...])
- Cash Asset Allocation (VeriPlan's investment growth calculator helps you to understand the projected value of your cash assets across your lifetime
To develop your lifetime projections, the VeriPlan compound investment calculator allows you to enter as many as 24 separate cash and cash equivalent asset holdings. For each of your current cash holding in your investment portfolio, you can [...])
- Economic ETF trade size cost considerations (Economic ETF trading size considerations
This article discusses some considerations regarding efficient ETF trading and economic trade sizes. At the end of this section, you will also find two tables on ETF brokerage and trading cost amortization over 1, 3, 5, 10, and 20 year holding periods. There is one table on do-it-yourself ETF discount brokerage [...])
« Cash Asset Allocation | PERSONAL FINANCE SOFTWARE | Stock Asset Allocation »