A Financial Decision Tool That Becomes Increasingly Valuable Over Time
As a financial decision tool, VeriPlan becomes increasingly valuable with the passage of time
Summary: While VeriPlan is an genuine bargain because of its low cost, it is an even greater bargain, when you consider that VeriPlan has no built-in obsolescence and that it can be used productively for years. We have engineered VeriPlan, so that you can change and update its important assumptions yourself. You do not need to buy a new version every year to stay current.
Because of this, VeriPlan can become even more valuable with the passage of time. As you learn about how VeriPlan works and what it can do for you, you can also update any of your personal income, expense, debt, tax, asset and other information in VeriPlan. For example, if federal, state, or local tax rates and tax limits change in the future, you can just change them in VeriPlan by yourself. You do not need to buy a new release to stay current.
Given the importance of doing better at personal financial decision-making, it really does not take much to pay back the $39.95 cost of VeriPlan. Just one slightly improved decision regarding an investment purchase could repay the cost of VeriPlan many times over. When you consider that you can keep using and updating VeriPlan over the years, then a very good bargain becomes an even greater bargain. (Take control of your family’s financial planning)
Click here to find out more about Financial Planning Tools
Tags: financial planning
Personal Financial Planning
- Allocate investments across the primary asset classes – Step 5 of 10 Financial Planning Steps in the Right Direction (CLICK HERE TO READ THE SKILLED INVESTOR's OTHER ARTICLES ABOUT THESE "10 FINANCIAL PLANNING STEPS IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION
Appropriately setting your personal investment asset allocation in line with your personal investment risk tolerance is a critical decision for every individual investor.
Because the average risk-averse investor holds the average portfolio asset allocation, this becomes the starting [...])
- The Birth of Yet Another Darn Asset Class – Infrastructure (The Birth of Yet Another Darn "Asset Class" - "Infrastructure"
Recently, The Skilled Investor published two articles:
The first article discussed how the financial industry keeps manufacturing new asset classes for brokers and investment advisors to sell to individual investors. The Skilled Investor raised the question of whether these new asset classes are likely to serve the [...])
- Does it matter how financial planners and investment advisors are paid? (
Yes, it can matter significantly how a financial advisor is paid.
The heart of the compensation issue is an advisor’s potential "conflict of interest" with respect to payments from third parties. Does third party compensation change the quality of the recommendations that the advisers make? If an advisor works on sales commissions or accepts other third [...])
- Develop Your Own Personal Financial Planning Skills – Step 1 of 10 Financial Planning Steps in the Right Direction (You are completely responsible for your financial and investment success or failure. Delegating investment decisions to industry advisers largely on naive faith and hope without adequate personal knowledge, attention, and control can be very risky to your personal and family welfare. The only practical solution is for you to increase your personal investment knowledge and [...])
- Avoid Mutual Fund and ETF Sales Commissions and Fees (Avoid mutual funds and ETFs with sales commissions and marketing fees
Summary: There is no convincing evidence that sales loads and other sales fees charged to investors result in higher mutual fund and ETF performance.
In fact, the opposite has repeatedly been proven true with mutual funds, which have a long performance history to evaluate. Paying a [...])
- Choose objective and competent financial advisers and investment counselors – Step 10 of 10 Financial Planning Steps in the Right Direction (CLICK HERE TO READ THE SKILLED INVESTOR's OTHER ARTICLES ABOUT THESE "10 FINANCIAL PLANNING STEPS IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION
Pick financial and investment advisers solely to obtain objective and high quality advice. Specific financial and investment advice is potentially of high quality, if it is carefully customized to your particular needs and is given by an [...])
- Schwab S&P 500 Index Fund – Select Shares (SWPPX) capture the Best +10 Fund Authority Score (
Fund Authority Scores rate mutual funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs) on the most important economic factors that influence individual investors' net long term diversified investment fund performance. The Skilled Investor developed the Fund Authority Score system to provide individual investors with concise, objective, and realistic summaries of mutual funds and ETFs for comparisons within [...])
- The Optimal Investment Strategy for Individual Investors (The Solution - ONLY follow financial strategies that are scientific, passive, diversified, savings focused, risk controlled, low cost, and tax efficient
A previous article, "The Problem - Straight answers about personal financial and investment planning are difficult to find," summarized important reasons why individuals may experience difficulties, even if they are intent upon doing better with [...])
- Time Spent on the Wrong Financial Activities Is Bad for You (
Spending your valuable time on the wrong financial activities is just plain bad for you
A previous article, “The Solution - ONLY follow financial strategies that are scientific, passive, diversified, savings focused, risk controlled, low cost, and tax efficient,” suggested that individuals are much better off with a well-considered financial viewpoint. This follow-up article discusses the [...])
- The John Bogle Blog and His Financial Article About ETFs (John C. Bogle's Blog and his article about ETFs
This article is a heads-up to people interested in investment blogs and personal finance blogs.
John C. Bogle, the founder of The Vanguard Group, Inc., has a blog called The Bogle eBlog. (If you are wondering about "eBlog," it is an anagram of Bogle.) Mr. Bogle just posted [...])
- The Investment Returns You Lose to Investment Sales Loads (VeriPlan automatically tracks returns lost to investment sales loads
Many justifications for investment sales load charges might be offered by financial advisors during the sales process, but once a front-end load is charged, your diminished portfolio will 'forget' about the load charge for the rest of your life.
Loads become 'phantom' assets, which are rarely spoken of [...])
- Advisor Costs and Strategies Determine Your Return on their Services (Financial advisor costs and the value of their investment strategies determine your return on investment from these investment advisor services
A previous financial article, “The Solution - ONLY follow financial strategies that are scientific, passive, diversified, savings focused, risk controlled, low cost, and tax efficient,” suggested that investors are much better off with a well-considered financial [...])
- Passive Index Investment Strategies are Superior (Passive index investment strategies are superior, because they narrow the range of outcomes and lower your investment risk
A previous article, “The Solution - ONLY follow financial strategies that are scientific, passive, diversified, savings focused, risk controlled, low cost, and tax efficient,” suggested that individuals are much better off with a well-considered financial viewpoint. A stable [...])
- The Cost of Investment Counselors When You Pay Investment Sales Loads (How expensive is financial advisor compensation paid via sales loads?
A sales load might be the method that you prefer to compensate your broker or advisor. If your advisor is truly competent and ethical, he may be able to manage properly the inherent conflicts of interest that are associated with commissioned investment product sales. Even if [...])
- No Financial Planning Software or Calculator Can Predict the Future (No financial planning software and no investment growth calculator can predict the future
The future is simply not predictable, even with automated financial planning software.
A previous financial article, “The Solution - ONLY follow financial strategies that are scientific, passive, diversified, savings focused, risk controlled, low cost, and tax efficient,” suggested that investors are much better off [...])
Comments are closed.