A Financial Decision Tool That Becomes Increasingly Valuable Over Time
As a financial decision tool, VeriPlan becomes increasingly valuable with the passage of time
Summary: While VeriPlan is an genuine bargain because of its low cost, it is an even greater bargain, when you consider that VeriPlan has no built-in obsolescence and that it can be used productively for years. We have engineered VeriPlan, so that you can change and update its important assumptions yourself. You do not need to buy a new version every year to stay current.
Because of this, VeriPlan can become even more valuable with the passage of time. As you learn about how VeriPlan works and what it can do for you, you can also update any of your personal income, expense, debt, tax, asset and other information in VeriPlan. For example, if federal, state, or local tax rates and tax limits change in the future, you can just change them in VeriPlan by yourself. You do not need to buy a new release to stay current.
Given the importance of doing better at personal financial decision-making, it really does not take much to pay back the $39.95 cost of VeriPlan. Just one slightly improved decision regarding an investment purchase could repay the cost of VeriPlan many times over. When you consider that you can keep using and updating VeriPlan over the years, then a very good bargain becomes an even greater bargain. (Take control of your family’s financial planning)
Click here to find out more about Financial Planning Tools
Tags: financial decision
Personal Financial Planning
- Fund Authority Scores for Stock ETFs and Mutual Funds – Fund maturity and operating efficiency (
Fund Authority Scores rate mutual funds and ETFs on the most important economic factors affecting long term diversified stock or equity investment fund performance. This article explains the investment fund maturity and operating efficiency factors.
<<-- Go to Part 2
Parts 1 and 2 of this article discussed the first three, most heavily weighted factors used in [...])
- American Funds – The Investment Company of America – Class A Shares (AIVSX) net a +3 Fund Authority Score (Fund Authority Scores rate mutual funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs) on the most important economic factors that influence individual investors' net long term diversified investment fund performance. The Skilled Investor developed the Fund Authority Score system to provide individual investors with concise and objective summaries of mutual funds and ETFs for comparisons within investment [...])
- Use Caution with Classical Investment Books (Use Caution with Classical Investment Books - A Tip from The Skilled Investor
Individual investors should exercise caution when applying the tactics of classical investment books to current markets. The more handcrafted, seat-of-the-pants, and individual actor approach to the securities markets in the pre-computer, pre-networking era has given way to different practices. What might have worked [...])
- Hitting the Citibank Stone Wall in Polite Conversation (PIRATES OF THE CREDIT SEA - Part 4: Hitting the Citibank Stone Wall in Polite Conversation
This article continues my personal saga of trying to get Citibank to fix problems with their management of my credit card account with them.
For a summary of the overall situation, go to Part #1: My Treasure Is Taken!
For an article [...])
- Never Invest Solely Because of Superior Past Investment Fund Performance (
Never invest solely because of superior past mutual fund or ETF performance
Superior past fund performance does NOT predict superior future performance.
Summary: A previous article, “The Solution - ONLY follow financial strategies that are scientific, passive, diversified, savings focused, risk controlled, low cost, and tax efficient,” suggested that individuals are much better off with a [...])
- If Personal Finance is Difficult – Carefully Hire a Good Advisor (
If personal finance is difficult for you, carefully hire a good financial and investment adviser
A previous financial article, “The Solution - ONLY follow financial strategies that are scientific, passive, diversified, savings focused, risk controlled, low cost, and tax efficient,” suggested that investors are much better off with a well-considered financial plan. A stable set of [...])
- Factors Favoring Roth IRA and Roth 401k Plan Contributions – Part 2 (Factors that tend to favor Roth tax-advantaged plan contributions - Part 2
(Continued from Part 1...)
In a recent article, "Traditional versus Roth tax-advantaged plan contributions," The Skilled Investor discussed why the average taxpayer would tend to benefit more by contributing to traditional rather than to Roth tax-advantaged IRA and 401k retirement plans. This follow-up article in [...])
- How Many Mutual Funds are Needed for a Well-Diversified Portfolio? – Evidence (Actively-managed mutual funds are not created equally. Performance can vary significantly - even when funds pursue similar strategies or "styles."
This article addresses the impact on portfolio diversification of holding more than one actively-managed mutual fund. (For the companion article to this, see: How many mutual funds are needed for a well-diversified portfolio? – a commentary)
- What Is Investment Portfolio Diversification? (From the perspective of holding a well-diversified investment portfolio according to scientific investment principles, the objective of diversification is to minimize or eliminate ‘unsystematic risk’ or those risks that are not related to the price volatility of the overall securities markets.
When people speak of investment diversification, they may mean different things. Therefore, clear definitions are [...])
- Choose Lower Mutual Fund and ETF Management Fees (Choose mutual funds and ETFs with MUCH LOWER investment management expenses
Investment fund management fees can only be justified by individual investors, if higher net returns more than compensate for these fees. Sadly, this is most often not the case with actively managed equity and bond mutual funds and exchange-traded funds (ETFs). In addition, you have [...])
- Screening Index Mutual Funds with IndexUniverse.com (Screening index mutual funds on-line with IndexUniverse.com
In this article, The Skilled Investor discusses how to screen index mutual funds on-line. This article focuses on using the free index mutual fund screener and database available at IndexUniverse.com.
We also discuss how to apply our seven scientifically based mutual fund screening criteria.
In a previous article, The Skilled Investor [...])
- Investment Valuation and Securities Risk for Individual Investors (
The securities markets provide an evolving consensus of the risk-adjusted value of particular securities.
By understanding how the markets value securities, individual investors can chose more durable investment strategies
Judging the potential usefulness of different investment strategies requires some understanding of what the public securities markets really do. This article discusses how the markets price financial securities [...])
- American Funds – Income Fund of America – Class A Shares (AMECX) rate a +2 Fund Authority Score (Fund Authority Scores rate mutual funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs) on the most important economic factors that influence individual investors' net long term diversified investment fund performance. The Skilled Investor developed the Fund Authority Score system to provide individual investors with concise and objective summaries of mutual funds and ETFs for comparisons within investment [...])
- The Heavy Burden of Recurring Investment Expenses and Fees (
The heavy burden of recurring investment fees (Part 1 of 2)
Recurring investment costs can significantly impact the long-term value of your retained investment portfolio assets.
Recurring fees, such as asset management fees, 12b-1 marketing fees, and advisory/asset custody fees are charged periodically, as a percent of your investment assets. The relative cost-efficiency of your investment portfolio [...])
- American Funds – AMCAP Fund – Class A Shares (AMCPX) fetch a +1 Fund Authority Score (The table below in this article presents The Skilled Investor's Fund Authority Score and other information for the American Funds - AMCAP Fund - Class A Shares.
The diversified investment fund strategy of the American Funds - AMCAP Fund - Class A mutual fund shares (AMCPX)
According to its prospectus filing on the U.S. Securities and Exchange [...])
Comments are closed.