A Financial Decision Tool That Becomes Increasingly Valuable Over Time
As a financial decision tool, VeriPlan becomes increasingly valuable with the passage of time
Summary: While VeriPlan is an genuine bargain because of its low cost, it is an even greater bargain, when you consider that VeriPlan has no built-in obsolescence and that it can be used productively for years. We have engineered VeriPlan, so that you can change and update its important assumptions yourself. You do not need to buy a new version every year to stay current.
Because of this, VeriPlan can become even more valuable with the passage of time. As you learn about how VeriPlan works and what it can do for you, you can also update any of your personal income, expense, debt, tax, asset and other information in VeriPlan. For example, if federal, state, or local tax rates and tax limits change in the future, you can just change them in VeriPlan by yourself. You do not need to buy a new release to stay current.
Given the importance of doing better at personal financial decision-making, it really does not take much to pay back the $39.95 cost of VeriPlan. Just one slightly improved decision regarding an investment purchase could repay the cost of VeriPlan many times over. When you consider that you can keep using and updating VeriPlan over the years, then a very good bargain becomes an even greater bargain. (Take control of your family’s financial planning)
Click here to find out more about Financial Planning Tools
Tags: personal income
Personal Financial Planning
- American Funds – Capital World Growth and Income Fund – Class A Shares (CWGIX) warrant a +2 Fund Authority Score (Fund Authority Scores rate mutual funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs) on the most important economic factors that influence individual investors' net long term diversified investment fund performance. The Skilled Investor developed the Fund Authority Score system to provide individual investors with concise and objective summaries of mutual funds and ETFs for comparisons within investment [...])
- Schwab S&P 500 Index Fund – Select Shares (SWPPX) capture the Best +10 Fund Authority Score (
Fund Authority Scores rate mutual funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs) on the most important economic factors that influence individual investors' net long term diversified investment fund performance. The Skilled Investor developed the Fund Authority Score system to provide individual investors with concise, objective, and realistic summaries of mutual funds and ETFs for comparisons within [...])
- Investment Valuation and Securities Risk for Individual Investors (
The securities markets provide an evolving consensus of the risk-adjusted value of particular securities.
By understanding how the markets value securities, individual investors can chose more durable investment strategies
Judging the potential usefulness of different investment strategies requires some understanding of what the public securities markets really do. This article discusses how the markets price financial securities [...])
- Stay Invested in Securities Markets to Earn Risk Premiums (You must stay invested in the securities markets to earn market return risk premiums
Securities markets pay risk premiums to risk takers
You have to have your money invested and at risk to be paid a risk premium. Attempting to avoid risk or losses by jumping in and out to "time the markets" does not work. Scientific [...])
- Rational Mutual Fund and ETF Screening Rules (Scientific mutual fund and ETF screening criteria: a summary
Scientifically based selection criteria are rational methods to screen mutual funds and ETFs.
Recently, The Skilled Investor Blog published a series of articles on scientifically based selection criteria for mutual funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs). These screening rules help you to winnow down the thousands of available [...])
- Use Scientifically Based Financial Planning Strategies (VeriPlan is designed to help you pursue scientifically based financial planning strategies
VeriPlan offers you unprecedented direct control to perform your own automated personal financial planning. VeriPlan's functionality also implements the principles of scientific finance. VeriPlan's internal documentation and its links to information on the web help you to understand scientifically based personal financial planning and [...])
- American Funds – Capital Income Builder Fund – Class A Shares (CAIBX) attain a +4 Fund Authority Score (Fund Authority Scores rate mutual funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs) on the most important economic factors that influence individual investors' net long term diversified investment fund performance. The Skilled Investor developed the Fund Authority Score system to provide individual investors with concise and objective summaries of mutual funds and ETFs for comparisons within investment [...])
- Avoid Mutual Fund and ETF Sales Commissions and Fees (Avoid mutual funds and ETFs with sales commissions and marketing fees
Summary: There is no convincing evidence that sales loads and other sales fees charged to investors result in higher mutual fund and ETF performance.
In fact, the opposite has repeatedly been proven true with mutual funds, which have a long performance history to evaluate. Paying a [...])
- Vanguard Institutional Index Fund (VINIX) captures the Best +10 Fund Authority Score (The table below in this article presents The Skilled Investor's Fund Authority Score and other information for the Vanguard Institutional Index Fund.
The diversified investment fund strategy of the Vanguard Institutional Index mutual fund (VINIX)
According to its prospectus filing on the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission EDGAR system, the investment strategy of the Vanguard Institutional Index [...])
- Two Examples of the Tax Assets Graphic in VeriPlan (Two examples of the Tax Assets graphic in VeriPlan
TAX ASSETS: Taxable and Tax-Advantaged Financial Assets (real $/yr)
Below are two examples of the blue-tabbed TAX ASSETS graphic, which come from VeriPlan's "Sue and Sam Saver" tutorial. This graphic separates their cash, bond, and stock assets by account taxability throughout their lifetime projections. Assets are separated [...])
- My Treasure Is Taken by My Credit Card Company (
PIRATES OF THE CREDIT SEA - Part 1: My Treasure Is Taken!
Regular readers of The Skilled Investor have already been warned previously of the general dangers of consumer debt and of the risks associated with credit cards. Now, The Skilled Investor has himself become ensnared. In a series of articles, I will: A) summarize my [...])
- No Financial Planning Software or Calculator Can Predict the Future – Part 2 (No financial planning software and no investment growth calculator can predict the future - Part 2
The future in not predictable, even with automated financial planning software.
The future is fundamentally not predictable. The future of personal financial planning and investing is similarly unpredictable. The Skilled Investor's approach with VeriPlan is different. As a lifetime financial planning [...])
- Screening Index Mutual Funds with IndexUniverse.com (Screening index mutual funds on-line with IndexUniverse.com
In this article, The Skilled Investor discusses how to screen index mutual funds on-line. This article focuses on using the free index mutual fund screener and database available at IndexUniverse.com.
We also discuss how to apply our seven scientifically based mutual fund screening criteria.
In a previous article, The Skilled Investor [...])
- 10 Lower Cost S and P 500 Index Mutual Funds (10 Lower Cost S&P 500 Index Mutual Funds
Regular readers know that The Skilled Investor advocates a very boring, low cost, broad market, passive index investment strategy. Costs less. Gets the broad market return -- whatever that will be. Narrows the range of outcomes and therefore the risk to your long-term personal financial plan. Takes far [...])
- Never Invest Solely Because of Superior Past Investment Fund Performance (
Never invest solely because of superior past mutual fund or ETF performance
Superior past fund performance does NOT predict superior future performance.
Summary: A previous article, “The Solution - ONLY follow financial strategies that are scientific, passive, diversified, savings focused, risk controlled, low cost, and tax efficient,” suggested that individuals are much better off with a [...])
Comments are closed.