Check out this automated tool for aligning your investment risk tolerance and asset allocation – A Tip from The Skilled Investor
Your tolerance for investment risk is a relative thing. Few people like investment risk, but some can handle it better than others can. The more investment risk you are willing to tolerate, the higher your potential expected investment returns and investment growth. At the same time, the investment road you take might be rougher.
Securities markets tend to pay a return on investment only for shouldering investment risks at the market level. The cash, bond, and stock financial asset classes have different expected risk and return characteristics.
Financial asset allocation is the apportionment of your investment portfolio into one or more of these classes of market-traded financial assets. How you allocate major portions of your assets among the primary financial asset classes determines your portfolio’s overall exposure to investment risk and thus your potential for investment growth. (See related articles from The Skilled Investor in these categories: Returns and Risk Premiums, Asset Allocation and Risk Tolerance, and Securities Valuation)
The VeriPlan personal financial planning software provides a fully automated and integrated asset allocation tool with five user selectable and adjustable asset allocation methods. Each of these asset allocation methods provides automatic annual portfolio rebalancing across your lifetime.
VeriPlan’s five asset allocation methods give you unprecedented flexibility in your personal financial planning. VeriPlan allows you to analyze a wide variety of asset allocation strategies across your lifetime. It enables you to choose the one that matches your preferences for investment risk and return on investment. Within the context of your particular financial circumstances, VeriPlan can give you a much better understanding of the interplay between investment risk and investment growth projected over your lifetime.
VeriPlan Is Simply The
Best Financial Planning Software
You Can Buy!
Only $57 for a license for ALL your household PCs
… with Free Shipping of the CD within the USA
Full 30-Day, 100% Money Back Guarantee — No Questions Asked
No Support Contract Required
No Need To Buy Upgrades, Since All Parameters Are User-Changeable
VeriPlan is a Great Product, a Great Deal,
and a Great Help with Your Personal Financial Planning.
Thank You Very Much for Your Order!
Note: We mail your VeriPlan CD on the next business day after PayPal has notified us of your order. When your order ships, we will send a shipment notification email to you using the email address supplied by PayPal. VeriPlan is shipped via the USPS, and deliveries typically take 3 to 10 days to arrive.
Personal Financial Planning Tool
Tags: risk and return
Personal Financial Planning
- Monitor and adjust your financial plan in a time-efficient manner – Step 9 of 10 Financial Planning Steps in the Right Direction (CLICK HERE TO READ THE SKILLED INVESTOR's OTHER ARTICLES ABOUT THESE "10 FINANCIAL PLANNING STEPS IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION
Time in life is the most precious and perishable asset that a person has. It should be spent enjoyably and efficiently. Scientific investment strategies that rely on relatively efficient financial markets allow people to minimize their time [...])
- Schwab S&P 500 Index Fund – Select Shares (SWPPX) capture the Best +10 Fund Authority Score (
Fund Authority Scores rate mutual funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs) on the most important economic factors that influence individual investors' net long term diversified investment fund performance. The Skilled Investor developed the Fund Authority Score system to provide individual investors with concise, objective, and realistic summaries of mutual funds and ETFs for comparisons within [...])
- Vanguard Total International Stock Index Fund (VGTSX) lands a +9 Fund Authority Score (The Vanguard Total International Stock Index mutual fund is a low cost alternative for broad, passive index investing internationally. This fund is a composite of three other Vanguard international funds: the Vanguard European Stock Index Fund (55.7%), the Vanguard Pacific Stock Index Fund (24.1%), and the Vanguard Emerging Markets Stock Index Fund (20.2%). The percentages [...])
- American Funds – Growth Fund of America – Class A Shares (AGTHX) collect a +2 Fund Authority Score (
The investment fund objective of American Funds' Growth Fund of America
With 4.4 million shareholder accounts, the Growth Fund of America (AGTHX) is the largest actively managed stock mutual fund in the United States. According to American Funds prospectus, the investment objective of the Growth Fund of America "is to provide you with growth of capital."
- Factors Favoring Roth IRA and Roth 401k Plan Contributions (Factors that tend to favor Roth IRA and Roth 401k tax-advantaged plan contributions
In a recent article, "Traditional versus Roth tax-advantaged plan contributions," The Skilled Investor discussed why the average taxpayer would tend to benefit more by contributing to traditional rather than to tax-advantaged Roth IRA and Roth 401(k) retirement plans. This follow-up article in two-parts [...])
- Build Investment Asset Buffers to Protect Yourself from Market Volatility (
Build Investment Asset Buffers to Protect Yourself from Market Volatility
You may be just as nervous as the next person is about investment risk. However, the coverage of your future expenses by your accumulated assets will determine whether you can actually manage, when risk really happens.
A previous article, "The Solution - ONLY follow financial strategies that [...])
- Choose Sufficiently Mature Mutual Funds and ETFs (Choose sufficiently mature mutual funds and ETFs
Investing in more mature equity and bond mutual funds and exhanged-traded funds (ETFs) allows you to evaluate the historical consistency of a fund's record.
On average, the future portfolio returns of more mature funds are probably no more predictable than for very young funds with a similar style or strategy. [...])
- Retirement Savings Needs of Renters Without Financial Planning Improvements (Retirement savings needs of renters prior to any financial planning improvements
Starting to plan with a non-optimal baseline projection
Fran and Fred Frugal, both age 30, are a married working couple with $100,000 in combined annual earned income. They want to understand how valuable different personal finance strategies could be to their lifetime finances and retirement security. [...])
- Default under the Citibank Credit Card Contract (PIRATES OF THE CREDIT SEA - Part 6: Default under the Citibank credit card contract
This final article in this series discusses the seven conditions of default under the Citibank / ATT Universal card agreement.
It also expresses my opinions about contractual relationships in general and about the Citibank / AT&T Universal credit card contract in particular.
- The Quality and Cost of Advice Paid by Investment Sales Loads – Part 2 (
Can you really get free and objective investment advice, when you pay investment sales loads? (Part 2 of 2)
Excessive investment costs and investment expenses are a plague on your lifetime personal financial planning.
Excessive investment expenses are one of the most significant barriers to lifelong family financial security. While financial services industry sales people tell you [...])
- Your Valuable Assets Are Simply Your Evolving Estate (
Your investment portfolio and other property assets are simply your evolving estate
A previous financial article, “The Solution - ONLY follow financial strategies that are scientific, passive, diversified, savings focused, risk controlled, low cost, and tax efficient,” suggested that investors are much better off with a well-considered financial plan. A stable set of financial beliefs can [...])
- 10 Lower Cost S and P 500 Index Mutual Funds (10 Lower Cost S&P 500 Index Mutual Funds
Regular readers know that The Skilled Investor advocates a very boring, low cost, broad market, passive index investment strategy. Costs less. Gets the broad market return -- whatever that will be. Narrows the range of outcomes and therefore the risk to your long-term personal financial plan. Takes far [...])
- I Want My Treasure Back Please (PIRATES OF THE CREDIT SEA - Part 3: I want my treasure back!! (Please)
What are my rights in the situation that I summarized in my previous article: "PIRATES OF THE CREDIT SEA: My Treasure Is Taken!"? Well, the answer is very simple. I have a contractual right to get my treasure back. I also have [...])
- American Balanced Fund – Class A Mutual Fund Shares (ABALX) collect a +1 Fund Authority Score (The table below in this article presents The Skilled Investor's Fund Authority Score and other information for the American Balanced Fund - Class A Shares.
The diversified investment fund strategy of the American Balanced Fund - Class A mutual fund shares
According to its prospectus filing on the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission EDGAR system, the investment [...])
- Mutual Fund and ETF Screening Requirements (
On-line screening of mutual funds and ETFs: minimum requirements
In this article, The Skilled Investor discusses minimum requirements for on-line mutual fund and ETF screening tools. This article summarizes our seven scientifically based fund selection criteria and reports on our survey of the capabilities of free on-line website tools to do screens using these criteria.
Automated fund [...])