Determine the Savings You Need for Your Lifetime Financial Goals
You cannot invest without savings. How much savings are enough? … too little? … too much?
Currently, the U.S. is experiencing a savings crisis. The net personal savings rate is zero or slightly negative, despite a healthy and growing economy. This situation is a prescription for millions upon millions of future personal financial disasters. (See: Your personal earnings, expenditures, and savings are the most important determinants of your family’s long-term financial wealth and VeriPlan helps you to understand your lifetime personal savings requirements and whether you current savings rate is sufficient)You do not have to participate in one of these looming personal financial train wrecks. You can choose to limit your current spending and debt. You can pay off debts and save at rates that will greatly enhance your future financial security.
VeriPlan cannot do the saving for you. That, of course, is your job. Nevertheless, VeriPlan can be extremely valuable to you, because can help you to understand how much you need to save. VeriPlan is a fully integrated, automated, and personalized financial projection engine that helps you can test the lifetime effects of different personal savings rates. VeriPlan helps you to pierce the veil of your financial future to see how your current decisions may affect your future financial well-being.
Tags: financial future
Personal Financial Planning
- Financial Industry Product Development and Your Best Interests (
Financial research drives industry product development, but not necessarily toward the best interests of individuals
Personal financial decisions seem to have become very complicated. To add to the confusion, the financial services industry develops an unending array of supposedly innovative new products. However, a large part of the complexity that individuals face results from the proliferation [...])
- American Funds – Growth Fund of America – Class A Shares (AGTHX) collect a +2 Fund Authority Score (
The investment fund objective of American Funds' Growth Fund of America
With 4.4 million shareholder accounts, the Growth Fund of America (AGTHX) is the largest actively managed stock mutual fund in the United States. According to American Funds prospectus, the investment objective of the Growth Fund of America "is to provide you with growth of capital."
- What are My Credit Card Contract Rights? (PIRATES OF THE CREDIT SEA - Part 2: What are my rights?
What are my rights in the situation that I summarized in my previous article: "PIRATES OF THE CREDIT SEA: My Treasure Is Taken!"? Well, the answer is very simple. I have a contractual right to get my treasure back. I also have a right [...])
- American Funds – Income Fund of America – Class A Shares (AMECX) rate a +2 Fund Authority Score (Fund Authority Scores rate mutual funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs) on the most important economic factors that influence individual investors' net long term diversified investment fund performance. The Skilled Investor developed the Fund Authority Score system to provide individual investors with concise and objective summaries of mutual funds and ETFs for comparisons within investment [...])
- Comparing the Quicken and VeriPlan Lifetime Financial Planners (Comparing the Quicken and VeriPlan Lifetime Financial Planners
The Quicken personal finances organizer application includes the Quicken Retirement Planner, which projects the personal finances of a person or family across a lifetime. VeriPlan is a comprehensive and fully automated personal financial lifecycle planner for individuals and their families.
In this series of short articles, The Skilled Investor [...])
- Choose Lower Mutual Fund and ETF Management Fees (Choose mutual funds and ETFs with MUCH LOWER investment management expenses
Investment fund management fees can only be justified by individual investors, if higher net returns more than compensate for these fees. Sadly, this is most often not the case with actively managed equity and bond mutual funds and exchange-traded funds (ETFs). In addition, you have [...])
- Understand the Confusing Securities Market Motion Picture (
Securities markets are usually very quick to adjust prices to reflect new information. However, this price adjustment process may take longer and be more volatile, if the new information is ambiguous.
At any point in time, market participants will already have used more or less rigorous valuation methods to judge their expected risk-adjusted value of securities. [...])
- My Treasure Is Taken by My Credit Card Company (
PIRATES OF THE CREDIT SEA - Part 1: My Treasure Is Taken!
Regular readers of The Skilled Investor have already been warned previously of the general dangers of consumer debt and of the risks associated with credit cards. Now, The Skilled Investor has himself become ensnared. In a series of articles, I will: A) summarize my [...])
- American Funds – AMCAP Fund – Class A Shares (AMCPX) fetch a +1 Fund Authority Score (The table below in this article presents The Skilled Investor's Fund Authority Score and other information for the American Funds - AMCAP Fund - Class A Shares.
The diversified investment fund strategy of the American Funds - AMCAP Fund - Class A mutual fund shares (AMCPX)
According to its prospectus filing on the U.S. Securities and Exchange [...])
- 2006 and 2007 Personal Income Tax Rates for the 50 States and DC (
2006 and 2007 personal income tax rates for the 50 states and D.C.
The Skilled Investor has made available for downloading a spreadsheet that contains graduated personal income tax rates and other personal income tax rate information for the 50 states and the District of Columbia.
If you want to know about specific U.S. state personal graduated [...])
- Tax-Advantaged Retirement Investing Is Good for Most People (Tax-advantaged investing is very good for most people at most times
A previous article, “The Solution - ONLY follow financial strategies that are scientific, passive, diversified, savings focused, risk controlled, low cost, and tax efficient,” suggested that individuals are much better off with a well-considered financial viewpoint. A stable set of financial beliefs can help you [...])
- Build Investment Asset Buffers to Protect Yourself from Market Volatility (
Build Investment Asset Buffers to Protect Yourself from Market Volatility
You may be just as nervous as the next person is about investment risk. However, the coverage of your future expenses by your accumulated assets will determine whether you can actually manage, when risk really happens.
A previous article, "The Solution - ONLY follow financial strategies that [...])
- Nationwide S&P 500 Index Fund – Class A Shares (GRMAX) fetch a +2 Fund Authority Score (Fund Authority Scores rate mutual funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs) on the most important economic factors that influence individual investors' net long term diversified investment fund performance. The Skilled Investor developed the Fund Authority Score system to provide individual investors with concise and objective summaries of mutual funds and ETFs for comparisons within investment [...])
- Publish your blog news articles on traditional media center and newspaper websites (
An easy way to publish and syndicate your best news articles on some of the big news and media websites
Web content is more plentiful that grains of sand on the beach. However, really good and newsworthy web content is much more scarce. The cyberspace audience is discerning, but it takes time to attract them, and [...])
- The Kind of Financial Advisor You Need (
The kind of financial advisor you need - A Tip from The Skilled Investor
Good or bad, financial advisors are expensive. If you need a financial advisor's help and you carefully select a good financial advisor, the value of the personal finance and investment advice that you receive might easily repay the advisor cost. However, bad [...])
Comments are closed.