Determine the Savings You Need for Your Lifetime Financial Goals
You cannot invest without savings. How much savings are enough? … too little? … too much?
Currently, the U.S. is experiencing a savings crisis. The net personal savings rate is zero or slightly negative, despite a healthy and growing economy. This situation is a prescription for millions upon millions of future personal financial disasters. (See: Your personal earnings, expenditures, and savings are the most important determinants of your family’s long-term financial wealth and VeriPlan helps you to understand your lifetime personal savings requirements and whether you current savings rate is sufficient)You do not have to participate in one of these looming personal financial train wrecks. You can choose to limit your current spending and debt. You can pay off debts and save at rates that will greatly enhance your future financial security.
VeriPlan cannot do the saving for you. That, of course, is your job. Nevertheless, VeriPlan can be extremely valuable to you, because can help you to understand how much you need to save. VeriPlan is a fully integrated, automated, and personalized financial projection engine that helps you can test the lifetime effects of different personal savings rates. VeriPlan helps you to pierce the veil of your financial future to see how your current decisions may affect your future financial well-being.
Tags: personalized financial
Personal Financial Planning
- The Lifetime Value You Have Lost by Paying Investment Sales Loads (VeriPlan can estimate the lost lifetime value of investment sales loads that you have already paid in the past
Your personal investment portfolio losses related to past investment sales load payments can and should be measured, when you evaluate the cost-efficiency of your investment strategy.
However, you cannot recapture any of the lost returns (past or future) [...])
- Part 3 of the Never-Do List – What Not to Do with a Financial Advisor (
Part 3 of the The Never-Do List - 22 Good Ways to Avoid Financial Advisor and Investment Counselor Frauds and Scams
This article discusses things that you should "never do" with a financial planner or investment advisor, and it covers unsolicited advice, sales pressure, and account decision-making discretion.
You should never do certain things with a financial [...])
- What are My Credit Card Contract Rights? (PIRATES OF THE CREDIT SEA - Part 2: What are my rights?
What are my rights in the situation that I summarized in my previous article: "PIRATES OF THE CREDIT SEA: My Treasure Is Taken!"? Well, the answer is very simple. I have a contractual right to get my treasure back. I also have a right [...])
- Schwab S&P 500 Index Fund – Select Shares (SWPIX) achieve a +8 Fund Authority Score (Fund Authority Scores rate mutual funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs) on the most important economic factors that influence individual investors' net long term diversified investment fund performance. The Skilled Investor developed the Fund Authority Score system to provide individual investors with concise, objective, and realistic summaries of mutual funds and ETFs for comparisons within [...])
- The most effective strategy to increase your mutual fund and ETF investment returns (
What is the most effective strategy you have to increase your long-term mutual fund and ETF investment returns?
Just reduce your investment fees to rock bottom and buy directly to eliminate all sales loads. This strategy is both simple and entirely within your control. You do not have to be smarter than all those other smart [...])
- 10 Lower Cost S and P 500 Index Mutual Funds (10 Lower Cost S&P 500 Index Mutual Funds
Regular readers know that The Skilled Investor advocates a very boring, low cost, broad market, passive index investment strategy. Costs less. Gets the broad market return -- whatever that will be. Narrows the range of outcomes and therefore the risk to your long-term personal financial plan. Takes far [...])
- The Fund Authority Score – A Better Mutual Fund and ETF Rating System (Fund Authority Scores rate mutual funds and ETFs on the most important economic factors influencing long term diversified investment fund performance
The Skilled Investor developed the Fund Authority Score system to provide individual investors with concise and objective mutual fund and ETF comparisons within investment asset classes.
Fund Authority Scores measure investment fund cost, maturity, efficiency, and [...])
- Dodge and Cox Stock Fund (DODGX) picks up a +8 Fund Authority Score (The table below in this article presents The Skilled Investor's Fund Authority Score and other information for the Dodge and Cox Stock Fund (DODGX).
The diversified investment fund strategy of the Dodge and Cox Stock mutual fund (DODGX)
According to its website and its prospectus filing on the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission EDGAR system, the investment [...])
- American Funds – Growth Fund of America – Class A Shares (AGTHX) collect a +2 Fund Authority Score (
The investment fund objective of American Funds' Growth Fund of America
With 4.4 million shareholder accounts, the Growth Fund of America (AGTHX) is the largest actively managed stock mutual fund in the United States. According to American Funds prospectus, the investment objective of the Growth Fund of America "is to provide you with growth of capital."
- Pay Lower Expenses To Get Higher Investment Returns – Part 2 (
Pay lower investment expenses to get higher investment returns
While financial services industry sales people tell you that you need to pay more to get more, the correct answer is the opposite.
Excessive investment costs are a plague on your personal financial planning. Excessive investment expenses are one of the most significant barriers to lifelong family financial [...])
- The Heavy Burden of Recurring Investment Expenses and Fees (
The heavy burden of recurring investment fees (Part 1 of 2)
Recurring investment costs can significantly impact the long-term value of your retained investment portfolio assets.
Recurring fees, such as asset management fees, 12b-1 marketing fees, and advisory/asset custody fees are charged periodically, as a percent of your investment assets. The relative cost-efficiency of your investment portfolio [...])
- Do Not Get Fooled by Superior Historical Investment Performance (
Evaluate the historical investment performance of mutual funds and ETFs, BUT ONLY AFTER using other screening criteria
Choosing only from among mutual funds and ETFs that have performed very well in the past can lead to significant selection mistakes and inferior personal portfolio returns
Previous superior or average fund performance simply does not predict similar fund performance [...])
- Time Spent on the Wrong Financial Activities Is Bad for You (
Spending your valuable time on the wrong financial activities is just plain bad for you
A previous article, “The Solution - ONLY follow financial strategies that are scientific, passive, diversified, savings focused, risk controlled, low cost, and tax efficient,” suggested that individuals are much better off with a well-considered financial viewpoint. This follow-up article discusses the [...])
- Vanguard 500 Index mutual Fund Admiral Shares (VFIAX) win the Best +10 Fund Authority Score (Here is some really good news for you. The Skilled Investor has published an article about lower cost S&P 500 index mutual funds that you can read, entitled: Low Cost S&P 500 Index Mutual Funds. The Standard & Poors 500 stock index is the most common equity index fund benchmark in the U.S. The S [...])
- Early Retirement for Renters through Investment Cost Reductions (Early retirement for renters due to investment cost improvements and higher savings rates
Improving on Fran and Fred's lifetime financial plan with earlier retirement
Fran and Fred Frugal, both age 30, are a married working couple with $100,000 in combined annual earned income. They want to understand how valuable different personal finance strategies could be to their [...])
Comments are closed.