Determine the Savings You Need for Your Lifetime Financial Goals
You cannot invest without savings. How much savings are enough? … too little? … too much?
Currently, the U.S. is experiencing a savings crisis. The net personal savings rate is zero or slightly negative, despite a healthy and growing economy. This situation is a prescription for millions upon millions of future personal financial disasters. (See: Your personal earnings, expenditures, and savings are the most important determinants of your family’s long-term financial wealth and VeriPlan helps you to understand your lifetime personal savings requirements and whether you current savings rate is sufficient)You do not have to participate in one of these looming personal financial train wrecks. You can choose to limit your current spending and debt. You can pay off debts and save at rates that will greatly enhance your future financial security.
VeriPlan cannot do the saving for you. That, of course, is your job. Nevertheless, VeriPlan can be extremely valuable to you, because can help you to understand how much you need to save. VeriPlan is a fully integrated, automated, and personalized financial projection engine that helps you can test the lifetime effects of different personal savings rates. VeriPlan helps you to pierce the veil of your financial future to see how your current decisions may affect your future financial well-being.
Tags: financial security
Personal Financial Planning
- State Street Global Advisors S&P 500 Index Fund (SVSPX) wins the Best +10 Fund Authority Score (The table below in this article presents The Skilled Investor's Fund Authority Score and other information for the SSgA S & P 500 Index Fund (SVSPX). The Skilled Investor has also published an article about lower cost S&P 500 index mutual funds that you can read, which is entitled: Low Cost S&P 500 Index Mutual [...])
- 10 Personal Financial and Investment Planning Steps in the Right Direction (Increase your knowledge and accelerate your ability to take leadership in the management of your own personal finances and lifetime investing.
This ten-step personal financial planning process will help you optimize the management of your financial planning and investment management affairs over your lifetime, while greatly reducing the unnecessary waste of your money and your time.
- Avoiding Financial Advisor Frauds and Scams – Part 1 (
Part 1 of the The Never-Do List - 22 Good Ways to Avoid Financial Advisor and Investment Counselor Frauds and Scams
This article discusses things that you should “never do” with a financial planner or investment advisor, and it covers adviser selection, contracts, signatures, and ownership title of your assets.
You should never do certain things with [...])
- How Investment Sales Loads and One Time Investment Fees Work (Understanding one-time investment fees, such as sales loads
Sales load charges and commissions on investment purchases differ from the financial service industry's numerous other recurring methods of charging fees to their retail consumers.
Sales loads are less straightforward to analyze for investment lifetime cost-effectiveness, compared to annually recurring charges. (See: Pay less to get more)
If you have [...])
- Fund Authority Scores for Stock ETFs and Mutual Funds – Fund maturity and operating efficiency (
Fund Authority Scores rate mutual funds and ETFs on the most important economic factors affecting long term diversified stock or equity investment fund performance. This article explains the investment fund maturity and operating efficiency factors.
<<-- Go to Part 2
Parts 1 and 2 of this article discussed the first three, most heavily weighted factors used in [...])
- I Write to the President of CitiBank Customer Service (PIRATES OF THE CREDIT SEA -- Part 5: I write to the President of CitiBank Customer Service
My saga to recover my credit card treasure continues. Previous articles have covered the particulars of my situation, and I will not repeat them.
In summary, for fifteen years I have always done my best to conform to my AT&T [...])
- 2006 and 2007 Personal Income Tax Rates for the 50 States and DC (
2006 and 2007 personal income tax rates for the 50 states and D.C.
The Skilled Investor has made available for downloading a spreadsheet that contains graduated personal income tax rates and other personal income tax rate information for the 50 states and the District of Columbia.
If you want to know about specific U.S. state personal graduated [...])
- Fidelity Spartan 500 Index mutual fund (FSMKX) achieves the Best +10 Fund Authority Score (
The Standard & Poors 500 stock index is the most common equity index fund benchmark in the U.S. The S and P 500 tracks about 75% of publicly traded U.S. equity market asset value. The dominant issue in choosing among passively managed index mutual funds and ETF funds benchmarked against the S & P 500 [...])
- Avoid Very Large Actively Managed Mutual Funds (
Avoid very large actively managed mutual funds
Big actively managed mutual fund portfolio positions and higher percentage ownership of any company’s bonds or common stock are not good things for actively managed mutual funds. Nor, are these big positions and high percentages good for you.
Large portfolio size constrains how efficiently an actively managed mutual fund can [...])
- Diversify fully within asset classes – Step 4 of 10 Financial Planning Steps in the Right Direction (CLICK HERE TO READ THE SKILLED INVESTOR's OTHER ARTICLES ABOUT THESE "10 FINANCIAL PLANNING STEPS IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION."
Diversification is genuinely an investment “free lunch,” and it is a key contributor to improved investment risk management.
Diversification has become an axiom of personal investing, because the specific risks of businesses and other investment entities can be [...])
- Use Scientifically Based Financial Planning Strategies (VeriPlan is designed to help you pursue scientifically based financial planning strategies
VeriPlan offers you unprecedented direct control to perform your own automated personal financial planning. VeriPlan's functionality also implements the principles of scientific finance. VeriPlan's internal documentation and its links to information on the web help you to understand scientifically based personal financial planning and [...])
- Choose Sufficiently Mature Mutual Funds and ETFs (Choose sufficiently mature mutual funds and ETFs
Investing in more mature equity and bond mutual funds and exhanged-traded funds (ETFs) allows you to evaluate the historical consistency of a fund's record.
On average, the future portfolio returns of more mature funds are probably no more predictable than for very young funds with a similar style or strategy. [...])
- Insurable Risks Could Destroy Your Best Laid Financial Plans (
Do not ignore insurable risks that could destroy your best laid financial plans
A previous financial article, “The Solution - ONLY follow financial strategies that are scientific, passive, diversified, savings focused, risk controlled, low cost, and tax efficient,” suggested that investors are much better off with a well-considered financial plan. A stable set of financial beliefs [...])
- Taking the Snake Oil Out of Mutual Fund Evaluation (Superior mutual fund and ETF performance charts are the sales tools of modern financial snake oil salesmen
Historical performance charts allow investment fund promoters to market selectively their supposedly superior funds and to allege that their excessively high fees are worth it. Lured in by superior past performance, most often individual investors will get mediocre future [...])
- Schwab S&P 500 Index Fund – Select Shares (SWPIX) achieve a +8 Fund Authority Score (Fund Authority Scores rate mutual funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs) on the most important economic factors that influence individual investors' net long term diversified investment fund performance. The Skilled Investor developed the Fund Authority Score system to provide individual investors with concise, objective, and realistic summaries of mutual funds and ETFs for comparisons within [...])
Comments are closed.