Tax-advantaged investing is very good for most people at most times
A previous article, “The Solution – ONLY follow financial strategies that are scientific, passive, diversified, savings focused, risk controlled, low cost, and tax efficient,” suggested that individuals are much better off with a well-considered financial viewpoint. A stable set of financial beliefs can help you to keep focused and on track throughout your life. This follow-up article discusses the value of tax-advantaged investing and how VeriPlan can model personal lifecycle taxes to improve decision making.
You should understand the specific potential economic benefits of tax-advantaged investing within the context of your particular projected lifecycle financial affairs and tax situation.
You should invest in tax-advantaged investment vehicles, when you are more likely to gain a net long-term after-tax benefit. For the majority of people, this will be most of the time.
How VeriPlan Can Help:
VeriPlan has extensively automated the projection and analysis of your tax-advantaged investments across your lifecycle. Giving full control to you, VeriPlan’s projections incorporate a detailed lifecycle model of your family’s federal, state, and local personal income taxes plus your other taxes, such as Social Security, Medicare, and property taxes. (See: VeriPlan helps you to decide what your lifetime tax-advantaged and tax-deferred investment strategy should be)
VeriPlan differentiates your projected assets by their taxability status using three account classifications: 1) regular taxable accounts, 2) traditional tax-deferred accounts, and 3) Roth ‘never-taxed after contribution’ accounts. VeriPlan enables you to control automatically how much of your future earned income and of your employer’s potential contributions would be deposited into your taxable and tax-advantaged accounts, including traditional and Roth IRAs, 401k, and other plans. (See: Traditional versus Roth tax-advantaged plan contributions)
VeriPlan automatically applies taxes on asset distributions and withdrawals, as appropriate, depending upon whether your assets are subject to current taxation, future taxation, or no taxation. In addition, VeriPlan automatically projects asset withdrawals from your tax-advantaged asset accounts in retirement to meet your projected living expenses and to conform to tax rules regarding mandatory withdrawals from traditional tax-deferred accounts.
Because VeriPlan instantly develops for you projections that incorporate a customized personal tax model, you can use it to compare the lifecycle economic impacts of different tax avoidance strategies. For an example of a tax-related decision that you cannot make without such a robust model of your lifecycle financial affairs, see this discussion of the factors that influence your decision whether to make current contributions to Roth or traditional tax-advantaged accounts: Factors that tend to favor Roth tax-advantaged plan contributions (Part 1 of 2) and Factors that tend to favor Roth tax-advantaged plan contributions (Part 2 of 2).
VeriPlan Is Simply The
Best Financial Planning Software
You Can Buy!
Only $57 for a license for ALL your household PCs
… with Free Shipping of the CD within the USA
Full 30-Day, 100% Money Back Guarantee — No Questions Asked
No Support Contract Required
No Need To Buy Upgrades, Since All Parameters Are User-Changeable
VeriPlan is a Great Product, a Great Deal,
and a Great Help with Your Personal Financial Planning.
Thank You Very Much for Your Order!
Note: We mail your VeriPlan CD on the next business day after PayPal has notified us of your order. When your order ships, we will send a shipment notification email to you using the email address supplied by PayPal. VeriPlan is shipped via the USPS, and deliveries typically take 3 to 10 days to arrive.
Click here to find out more about this Personal Finance Tool
Tags: financial affairs
Personal Financial Planning
- Default under the Citibank Credit Card Contract (PIRATES OF THE CREDIT SEA - Part 6: Default under the Citibank credit card contract
This final article in this series discusses the seven conditions of default under the Citibank / ATT Universal card agreement.
It also expresses my opinions about contractual relationships in general and about the Citibank / AT&T Universal credit card contract in particular.
- What Is Investment Portfolio Diversification? (From the perspective of holding a well-diversified investment portfolio according to scientific investment principles, the objective of diversification is to minimize or eliminate ‘unsystematic risk’ or those risks that are not related to the price volatility of the overall securities markets.
When people speak of investment diversification, they may mean different things. Therefore, clear definitions are [...])
- Monitor and adjust your financial plan in a time-efficient manner – Step 9 of 10 Financial Planning Steps in the Right Direction (CLICK HERE TO READ THE SKILLED INVESTOR's OTHER ARTICLES ABOUT THESE "10 FINANCIAL PLANNING STEPS IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION
Time in life is the most precious and perishable asset that a person has. It should be spent enjoyably and efficiently. Scientific investment strategies that rely on relatively efficient financial markets allow people to minimize their time [...])
- American Funds – Income Fund of America – Class A Shares (AMECX) rate a +2 Fund Authority Score (Fund Authority Scores rate mutual funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs) on the most important economic factors that influence individual investors' net long term diversified investment fund performance. The Skilled Investor developed the Fund Authority Score system to provide individual investors with concise and objective summaries of mutual funds and ETFs for comparisons within investment [...])
- Most Individual Investors Are Poor Personal Portfolio Managers (Most individual investors are poor investment portfolio managers
Investors more easily understand investment costs that are directly measurable, such as fees deducted on investment statements. However, many investors ignore or are unaware of the “opportunity costs” of their sub-optimal investment behaviors. Opportunity costs are usually much more difficult to measure directly, but these investment costs can [...])
- Insurable Risks Could Destroy Your Best Laid Financial Plans (
Do not ignore insurable risks that could destroy your best laid financial plans
A previous financial article, “The Solution - ONLY follow financial strategies that are scientific, passive, diversified, savings focused, risk controlled, low cost, and tax efficient,” suggested that investors are much better off with a well-considered financial plan. A stable set of financial beliefs [...])
- Pay Lower Expenses To Get Higher Investment Returns – Part 2 (
Pay lower investment expenses to get higher investment returns
While financial services industry sales people tell you that you need to pay more to get more, the correct answer is the opposite.
Excessive investment costs are a plague on your personal financial planning. Excessive investment expenses are one of the most significant barriers to lifelong family financial [...])
- Savings Rates for Renters and Investment Cost Reductions (Pre-retirement savings rates for renters - with and without investment cost improvements
Improving on Fran and Fred's lifetime financial plan through lower investment costs
Fran and Fred Frugal, both age 30, are a married working couple with $100,000 in combined annual earned income. They want to understand how valuable different personal finance strategies could be to their [...])
- Understand Your Lifetime Personal Savings Requirements (VeriPlan helps you to understand your lifetime personal savings requirements and whether your current savings rate is sufficient
How much you earn, spend, and save are by far the most dominant determinants of your long-term financial well-being.
You need a means to evaluate your current sustainable lifecycle consumption rate. VeriPlan provides such a means. VeriPlan projects your [...])
- If Personal Finance is Difficult – Carefully Hire a Good Advisor (
If personal finance is difficult for you, carefully hire a good financial and investment adviser
A previous financial article, “The Solution - ONLY follow financial strategies that are scientific, passive, diversified, savings focused, risk controlled, low cost, and tax efficient,” suggested that investors are much better off with a well-considered financial plan. A stable set of [...])
- Taking the Snake Oil Out of Mutual Fund Evaluation (Superior mutual fund and ETF performance charts are the sales tools of modern financial snake oil salesmen
Historical performance charts allow investment fund promoters to market selectively their supposedly superior funds and to allege that their excessively high fees are worth it. Lured in by superior past performance, most often individual investors will get mediocre future [...])
- Factors Favoring Roth IRA and Roth 401k Plan Contributions (Factors that tend to favor Roth IRA and Roth 401k tax-advantaged plan contributions
In a recent article, "Traditional versus Roth tax-advantaged plan contributions," The Skilled Investor discussed why the average taxpayer would tend to benefit more by contributing to traditional rather than to tax-advantaged Roth IRA and Roth 401(k) retirement plans. This follow-up article in two-parts [...])
- Nationwide S&P 500 Index Fund – Class A Shares (GRMAX) fetch a +2 Fund Authority Score (Fund Authority Scores rate mutual funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs) on the most important economic factors that influence individual investors' net long term diversified investment fund performance. The Skilled Investor developed the Fund Authority Score system to provide individual investors with concise and objective summaries of mutual funds and ETFs for comparisons within investment [...])
- Developing Fund Authority Scores for ETFs and Mutual Funds (
Select mutual funds and ETFs with the most important economic factors that affect long term, diversified, and risk-adjusted investment fund returns
Good things are born small and grow over time. Regularly, The Skilled Investor evaluates individual mutual funds and ETFs and adds new articles that use the Fund Authority Score rating system. To be alerted when [...])
- Passive Personal Investment Strategies are More Time Efficient with Better Returns and Risk Control (
The scientific investment literature indicates that passive investment strategies usually are more time efficient, while they also increase returns and add more value to your investment portfolio.
For example, given the diversification imperative, it is highly questionable whether the vast majority of individual investors should own any common stocks or bonds directly. Instead, they can achieve [...])