Tax-advantaged investing is very good for most people at most times
A previous article, “The Solution – ONLY follow financial strategies that are scientific, passive, diversified, savings focused, risk controlled, low cost, and tax efficient,” suggested that individuals are much better off with a well-considered financial viewpoint. A stable set of financial beliefs can help you to keep focused and on track throughout your life. This follow-up article discusses the value of tax-advantaged investing and how VeriPlan can model personal lifecycle taxes to improve decision making.
You should understand the specific potential economic benefits of tax-advantaged investing within the context of your particular projected lifecycle financial affairs and tax situation.
You should invest in tax-advantaged investment vehicles, when you are more likely to gain a net long-term after-tax benefit. For the majority of people, this will be most of the time.
How VeriPlan Can Help:
VeriPlan has extensively automated the projection and analysis of your tax-advantaged investments across your lifecycle. Giving full control to you, VeriPlan’s projections incorporate a detailed lifecycle model of your family’s federal, state, and local personal income taxes plus your other taxes, such as Social Security, Medicare, and property taxes. (See: VeriPlan helps you to decide what your lifetime tax-advantaged and tax-deferred investment strategy should be)
VeriPlan differentiates your projected assets by their taxability status using three account classifications: 1) regular taxable accounts, 2) traditional tax-deferred accounts, and 3) Roth ‘never-taxed after contribution’ accounts. VeriPlan enables you to control automatically how much of your future earned income and of your employer’s potential contributions would be deposited into your taxable and tax-advantaged accounts, including traditional and Roth IRAs, 401k, and other plans. (See: Traditional versus Roth tax-advantaged plan contributions)
VeriPlan automatically applies taxes on asset distributions and withdrawals, as appropriate, depending upon whether your assets are subject to current taxation, future taxation, or no taxation. In addition, VeriPlan automatically projects asset withdrawals from your tax-advantaged asset accounts in retirement to meet your projected living expenses and to conform to tax rules regarding mandatory withdrawals from traditional tax-deferred accounts.
Because VeriPlan instantly develops for you projections that incorporate a customized personal tax model, you can use it to compare the lifecycle economic impacts of different tax avoidance strategies. For an example of a tax-related decision that you cannot make without such a robust model of your lifecycle financial affairs, see this discussion of the factors that influence your decision whether to make current contributions to Roth or traditional tax-advantaged accounts: Factors that tend to favor Roth tax-advantaged plan contributions (Part 1 of 2) and Factors that tend to favor Roth tax-advantaged plan contributions (Part 2 of 2).
VeriPlan Is Simply The
Best Financial Planning Software
You Can Buy!
Only $57 for a license for ALL your household PCs
… with Free Shipping of the CD within the USA
Full 30-Day, 100% Money Back Guarantee — No Questions Asked
No Support Contract Required
No Need To Buy Upgrades, Since All Parameters Are User-Changeable
VeriPlan is a Great Product, a Great Deal,
and a Great Help with Your Personal Financial Planning.
Thank You Very Much for Your Order!
Note: We mail your VeriPlan CD on the next business day after PayPal has notified us of your order. When your order ships, we will send a shipment notification email to you using the email address supplied by PayPal. VeriPlan is shipped via the USPS, and deliveries typically take 3 to 10 days to arrive.
Click here to find out more about this Personal Finance Tool
Tags: personal income taxes
Personal Financial Planning
- The Heavy Burden of Recurring Investment Expenses and Fees – Part 2 (
The heavy burden of recurring investment fees (Part 2 of 2)
< < -- Go to Part 1
By charging fees as a percent of your assets, the investment industry can make their recurring fees seem small – like they are “just a few” percent.
Furthermore, by charging fees against your assets the industry can still bill you [...])
- Do Not Get Fooled by Superior Historical Investment Performance (
Evaluate the historical investment performance of mutual funds and ETFs, BUT ONLY AFTER using other screening criteria
Choosing only from among mutual funds and ETFs that have performed very well in the past can lead to significant selection mistakes and inferior personal portfolio returns
Previous superior or average fund performance simply does not predict similar fund performance [...])
- Vanguard Institutional Index Fund (VINIX) captures the Best +10 Fund Authority Score (The table below in this article presents The Skilled Investor's Fund Authority Score and other information for the Vanguard Institutional Index Fund.
The diversified investment fund strategy of the Vanguard Institutional Index mutual fund (VINIX)
According to its prospectus filing on the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission EDGAR system, the investment strategy of the Vanguard Institutional Index [...])
- A Financial Decision Tool That Becomes Increasingly Valuable Over Time (As a financial decision tool, VeriPlan becomes increasingly valuable with the passage of time
Summary: While VeriPlan is an genuine bargain because of its low cost, it is an even greater bargain, when you consider that VeriPlan has no built-in obsolescence and that it can be used productively for years. We have engineered VeriPlan, so that [...])
- 15 Value-Added Individual Investor Activities (Before estimating the investment value that you might add or take away from your portfolio, you first need to determine whether your strategies are or are not likely to lead to optimal risk-adjusted investment returns.
This value estimation is separate from any hourly opportunity cost related to spending time on your investments versus an alternative use [...])
- Choose objective and competent financial advisers and investment counselors – Step 10 of 10 Financial Planning Steps in the Right Direction (CLICK HERE TO READ THE SKILLED INVESTOR's OTHER ARTICLES ABOUT THESE "10 FINANCIAL PLANNING STEPS IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION
Pick financial and investment advisers solely to obtain objective and high quality advice. Specific financial and investment advice is potentially of high quality, if it is carefully customized to your particular needs and is given by an [...])
- American Funds – Capital World Growth and Income Fund – Class A Shares (CWGIX) warrant a +2 Fund Authority Score (Fund Authority Scores rate mutual funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs) on the most important economic factors that influence individual investors' net long term diversified investment fund performance. The Skilled Investor developed the Fund Authority Score system to provide individual investors with concise and objective summaries of mutual funds and ETFs for comparisons within investment [...])
- Use Scientifically Based Financial Planning Strategies (VeriPlan is designed to help you pursue scientifically based financial planning strategies
VeriPlan offers you unprecedented direct control to perform your own automated personal financial planning. VeriPlan's functionality also implements the principles of scientific finance. VeriPlan's internal documentation and its links to information on the web help you to understand scientifically based personal financial planning and [...])
- Insure against risks economically – Step 8 of 10 Financial Planning Steps in the Right Direction (CLICK HERE TO READ THE SKILLED INVESTOR's OTHER ARTICLES ABOUT THESE "10 FINANCIAL PLANNING STEPS IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION
While value, affordability, risk exposure, and risk tolerance should affect insurance purchase decisions, insurance is often sold and purchased emotionally. Yet, insurance premium payments reduce personal funds that might otherwise be available for additional investments. Many people [...])
- The Kind of Financial Advisor You Need (
The kind of financial advisor you need - A Tip from The Skilled Investor
Good or bad, financial advisors are expensive. If you need a financial advisor's help and you carefully select a good financial advisor, the value of the personal finance and investment advice that you receive might easily repay the advisor cost. However, bad [...])
- Fund Authority Scores for Stock ETFs and Mutual Funds – Historical investment performance (
Fund Authority Scores rate stock mutual funds and ETFs on the most important economic factors affecting long term diversified equity investment fund performance. This article explains how historical fund performance is calculated.
<<-- Go to Part 1
Go to Part 3 -->>
Part 1 of this article discussed direct and hidden investment costs, the most heavily weighted factors [...])
- Choose Sufficiently Mature Mutual Funds and ETFs (Choose sufficiently mature mutual funds and ETFs
Investing in more mature equity and bond mutual funds and exhanged-traded funds (ETFs) allows you to evaluate the historical consistency of a fund's record.
On average, the future portfolio returns of more mature funds are probably no more predictable than for very young funds with a similar style or strategy. [...])
- Fidelity Contrafund (FCNTX) gains a +5 Fund Authority Score (
The diversified investment fund strategy of the Fidelity Contrafund (FCNTX)
According to its prospectus filing on the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission EDGAR system, the investment strategy of the Fidelity Contrafund is to invest primarily in common stocks and particularly in the "securities of companies whose value Fidelity Management & Research Company believes is not fully [...])
- Pay Lower Expenses To Get Higher Investment Returns – Part 2 (
Pay lower investment expenses to get higher investment returns
While financial services industry sales people tell you that you need to pay more to get more, the correct answer is the opposite.
Excessive investment costs are a plague on your personal financial planning. Excessive investment expenses are one of the most significant barriers to lifelong family financial [...])
- Are Your Financial Planning and Investing Strategies Scientific? (
Your financial planning and investing strategies should have a scientific basis
A previous article, "The Solution - ONLY follow financial strategies that are scientific, passive, diversified, savings focused, risk controlled, low cost, and tax efficient," suggested that individuals are much better off with a well-considered financial viewpoint. A stable set of financial beliefs can help you [...])