Tax-advantaged investing is very good for most people at most times
A previous article, “The Solution – ONLY follow financial strategies that are scientific, passive, diversified, savings focused, risk controlled, low cost, and tax efficient,” suggested that individuals are much better off with a well-considered financial viewpoint. A stable set of financial beliefs can help you to keep focused and on track throughout your life. This follow-up article discusses the value of tax-advantaged investing and how VeriPlan can model personal lifecycle taxes to improve decision making.
You should understand the specific potential economic benefits of tax-advantaged investing within the context of your particular projected lifecycle financial affairs and tax situation.
You should invest in tax-advantaged investment vehicles, when you are more likely to gain a net long-term after-tax benefit. For the majority of people, this will be most of the time.
How VeriPlan Can Help:
VeriPlan has extensively automated the projection and analysis of your tax-advantaged investments across your lifecycle. Giving full control to you, VeriPlan’s projections incorporate a detailed lifecycle model of your family’s federal, state, and local personal income taxes plus your other taxes, such as Social Security, Medicare, and property taxes. (See: VeriPlan helps you to decide what your lifetime tax-advantaged and tax-deferred investment strategy should be)
VeriPlan differentiates your projected assets by their taxability status using three account classifications: 1) regular taxable accounts, 2) traditional tax-deferred accounts, and 3) Roth ‘never-taxed after contribution’ accounts. VeriPlan enables you to control automatically how much of your future earned income and of your employer’s potential contributions would be deposited into your taxable and tax-advantaged accounts, including traditional and Roth IRAs, 401k, and other plans. (See: Traditional versus Roth tax-advantaged plan contributions)
VeriPlan automatically applies taxes on asset distributions and withdrawals, as appropriate, depending upon whether your assets are subject to current taxation, future taxation, or no taxation. In addition, VeriPlan automatically projects asset withdrawals from your tax-advantaged asset accounts in retirement to meet your projected living expenses and to conform to tax rules regarding mandatory withdrawals from traditional tax-deferred accounts.
Because VeriPlan instantly develops for you projections that incorporate a customized personal tax model, you can use it to compare the lifecycle economic impacts of different tax avoidance strategies. For an example of a tax-related decision that you cannot make without such a robust model of your lifecycle financial affairs, see this discussion of the factors that influence your decision whether to make current contributions to Roth or traditional tax-advantaged accounts: Factors that tend to favor Roth tax-advantaged plan contributions (Part 1 of 2) and Factors that tend to favor Roth tax-advantaged plan contributions (Part 2 of 2).
VeriPlan Is Simply The
Best Financial Planning Software
You Can Buy!
Only $57 for a license for ALL your household PCs
… with Free Shipping of the CD within the USA
Full 30-Day, 100% Money Back Guarantee — No Questions Asked
No Support Contract Required
No Need To Buy Upgrades, Since All Parameters Are User-Changeable
VeriPlan is a Great Product, a Great Deal,
and a Great Help with Your Personal Financial Planning.
Thank You Very Much for Your Order!
Note: We mail your VeriPlan CD on the next business day after PayPal has notified us of your order. When your order ships, we will send a shipment notification email to you using the email address supplied by PayPal. VeriPlan is shipped via the USPS, and deliveries typically take 3 to 10 days to arrive.
Click here to find out more about this Personal Finance Tool
Tags: personal income taxes
Personal Financial Planning
- The Lifetime Value You Have Lost by Paying Investment Sales Loads (VeriPlan can estimate the lost lifetime value of investment sales loads that you have already paid in the past
Your personal investment portfolio losses related to past investment sales load payments can and should be measured, when you evaluate the cost-efficiency of your investment strategy.
However, you cannot recapture any of the lost returns (past or future) [...])
- Nationwide S&P 500 Index Fund – Class A Shares (GRMAX) fetch a +2 Fund Authority Score (Fund Authority Scores rate mutual funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs) on the most important economic factors that influence individual investors' net long term diversified investment fund performance. The Skilled Investor developed the Fund Authority Score system to provide individual investors with concise and objective summaries of mutual funds and ETFs for comparisons within investment [...])
- Roth IRA Contributions Versus Traditional IRA Contributions for Renters (Introduction: Roth IRA Contributions versus Traditional IRA Contributions for Renters
In a series of articles, The Skilled Investor compares different lifetime financial planning projections for Fran and Fred Frugal to illustrate the relative value of adopting different financial planning strategies. Fran and Fred, both ages 30, are a married working couple with $100,000 in combined annual [...])
- DWS S&P 500 Index Fund (SXPAX) receives a +1 Fund Authority Score (The table below presents The Skilled Investor's Fund Authority Score and other information for the DWS S&P 500 Index Fund (SXPAX).
The Scudder Equity 500 Index Fund (BTIEX) and the DWS S&P 500 Index Fund (SXPAX)
The Skilled Investor has published an article about lower cost S&P 500 index mutual funds that you can read, which is [...])
- Schwab S&P 500 Index Fund – Select Shares (SWPIX) achieve a +8 Fund Authority Score (Fund Authority Scores rate mutual funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs) on the most important economic factors that influence individual investors' net long term diversified investment fund performance. The Skilled Investor developed the Fund Authority Score system to provide individual investors with concise, objective, and realistic summaries of mutual funds and ETFs for comparisons within [...])
- I Write to the President of CitiBank Customer Service (PIRATES OF THE CREDIT SEA -- Part 5: I write to the President of CitiBank Customer Service
My saga to recover my credit card treasure continues. Previous articles have covered the particulars of my situation, and I will not repeat them.
In summary, for fifteen years I have always done my best to conform to my AT&T [...])
- Part 3 of the Never-Do List – What Not to Do with a Financial Advisor (
Part 3 of the The Never-Do List - 22 Good Ways to Avoid Financial Advisor and Investment Counselor Frauds and Scams
This article discusses things that you should "never do" with a financial planner or investment advisor, and it covers unsolicited advice, sales pressure, and account decision-making discretion.
You should never do certain things with a financial [...])
- Understand the Confusing Securities Market Motion Picture (
Securities markets are usually very quick to adjust prices to reflect new information. However, this price adjustment process may take longer and be more volatile, if the new information is ambiguous.
At any point in time, market participants will already have used more or less rigorous valuation methods to judge their expected risk-adjusted value of securities. [...])
- The Optimal Investment Strategy for Individual Investors (The Solution - ONLY follow financial strategies that are scientific, passive, diversified, savings focused, risk controlled, low cost, and tax efficient
A previous article, "The Problem - Straight answers about personal financial and investment planning are difficult to find," summarized important reasons why individuals may experience difficulties, even if they are intent upon doing better with [...])
- Vanguard Institutional Index Fund (VINIX) captures the Best +10 Fund Authority Score (The table below in this article presents The Skilled Investor's Fund Authority Score and other information for the Vanguard Institutional Index Fund.
The diversified investment fund strategy of the Vanguard Institutional Index mutual fund (VINIX)
According to its prospectus filing on the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission EDGAR system, the investment strategy of the Vanguard Institutional Index [...])
- Screening Mutual Funds On-Line with Morningstar.com (
Screening mutual funds on-line with Morningstar.com
Summary: In this article, The Skilled Investor discusses how to screen mutual funds on-line using our seven scientifically based mutual fund screening criteria. This article focuses on using the free mutual fund screener and database available at Morningstar.com.
In a previous article, The Skilled Investor has discussed minimum requirements [...])
- Taking the Snake Oil Out of Mutual Fund Evaluation (Superior mutual fund and ETF performance charts are the sales tools of modern financial snake oil salesmen
Historical performance charts allow investment fund promoters to market selectively their supposedly superior funds and to allege that their excessively high fees are worth it. Lured in by superior past performance, most often individual investors will get mediocre future [...])
- Using Google Scholar to Find Financial Articles (
Using Google Scholar to Find Finance Articles
If you want to do some research about financial planning and investing by yourself, try using Google Scholar.
Be prepared for a lot of the material you find to be esoteric. Nevertheless, Google Scholar is littered with diamonds that can improve your understanding of personal finance and save you money.
- American Funds – Capital World Growth and Income Fund – Class A Shares (CWGIX) warrant a +2 Fund Authority Score (Fund Authority Scores rate mutual funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs) on the most important economic factors that influence individual investors' net long term diversified investment fund performance. The Skilled Investor developed the Fund Authority Score system to provide individual investors with concise and objective summaries of mutual funds and ETFs for comparisons within investment [...])
- If Personal Finance is Difficult – Carefully Hire a Good Advisor (
If personal finance is difficult for you, carefully hire a good financial and investment adviser
A previous financial article, “The Solution - ONLY follow financial strategies that are scientific, passive, diversified, savings focused, risk controlled, low cost, and tax efficient,” suggested that investors are much better off with a well-considered financial plan. A stable set of [...])