VeriPlan automatically tracks returns lost to investment sales loads
Many justifications for investment sales load charges might be offered by financial advisors during the sales process, but once a front-end load is charged, your diminished portfolio will ‘forget’ about the load charge for the rest of your life.
Loads become ‘phantom’ assets, which are rarely spoken of or measured subsequently, even though you may remember that you paid them in the past. (See: Can you really get free and objective investment advice, when you pay investment sales loads? and Pay less to get more)
Note that, back-end loads create more semi-visible losses. With a 2% back-end load, for example, the charge will remain visible while you retain a particular holding. However, once you sell and reinvest that asset, then the value of the back-end load will slip away. When your reduced investment funds are reinvested elsewhere, it become the same kind of phantom asset as a front-end load. Particularly, if you do this frequently over your life, the lost value could grow to be very substantial.
When you pay a front-end load, the future performance of your reduced investment portfolio may be benchmarked against some passive index, but the front-end load charges that you paid would no longer be a part of this evaluation. However, VeriPlan will not forget about the loads you have paid and will pay in the future. VeriPlan does not forget these phantom lost assets and it automatically calculates their value across your lifetime. (See: VeriPlan’s personal financial planning software helps you to understand the full lifetime costs of your excessive investment expenses)
To illustrate the possible opportunity costs of paying loads, VeriPlan projects the annual value of returns lost to sales load cost-inefficiencies, which exceed sales load charges that you consider to be reasonable. It automatically calculates what you could have been earned cumulatively, if instead you had kept, invested, and compounded these sales load charges using a more cost-efficient strategy.
Concerning how VeriPlan projects cost-inefficiencies related to sales loads, VeriPlan automatically tracks and projects load costs and capital gains taxes associated with: A) any reinvested capital gains distributions that you may receive related to the individual investments already in your current portfolio and B) any future assets that you may acquire when you have positive annual cash flow. To accomplish this VeriPlan tracks and accumulates a separate phantom asset associated with your investment load payments across your lifecycle. This phantom sales load asset is modeled like other investment cost-inefficiency assets in VeriPlan.
For reinvested capital gains distributions related to your asset holdings, VeriPlan automatically charges the same load percentage that you have paid to acquire that asset in the past. For new asset purchases, VeriPlan assesses load charges for each asset class. VeriPlan calculates the weighted average load that you have paid in the past for all holdings within each of your cash, bond / fixed income, and stock / equity financial asset classes. Then, VeriPlan uses this figure to project future load charges.
VeriPlan presents information about both your past and future sales load costs, because both are important to understand. However, sales loads that you have paid in the past represent phantom assets that are entirely gone from your portfolio, and which you cannot retrieve. Regarding sales loads that you may pay in the future, you can and should control these potential future costs.
VeriPlan Is Simply The
Best Financial Planning Software
You Can Buy!
Only $57 for a license for ALL your household PCs
… with Free Shipping of the CD within the USA
Full 30-Day, 100% Money Back Guarantee — No Questions Asked
No Support Contract Required
No Need To Buy Upgrades, Since All Parameters Are User-Changeable
VeriPlan is a Great Product, a Great Deal,
and a Great Help with Your Personal Financial Planning.
Thank You Very Much for Your Order!
Note: We mail your VeriPlan CD on the next business day after PayPal has notified us of your order. When your order ships, we will send a shipment notification email to you using the email address supplied by PayPal. VeriPlan is shipped via the USPS, and deliveries typically take 3 to 10 days to arrive.
Tags: investment advice
Personal Financial Planning
- Select investments rationally – Step 6 of 10 Financial Planning Steps in the Right Direction (CLICK HERE TO READ THE SKILLED INVESTOR's OTHER ARTICLES ABOUT THESE "10 FINANCIAL PLANNING STEPS IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION
Given the extremely large number and variety of available securities, investors need a rational basis to select among them. Without rational selection criteria and a good understanding of which factors are more or less likely to increase [...])
- Developing Fund Authority Scores for ETFs and Mutual Funds (
Select mutual funds and ETFs with the most important economic factors that affect long term, diversified, and risk-adjusted investment fund returns
Good things are born small and grow over time. Regularly, The Skilled Investor evaluates individual mutual funds and ETFs and adds new articles that use the Fund Authority Score rating system. To be alerted when [...])
- Comparing the Quicken and VeriPlan Lifetime Financial Planners (Comparing the Quicken and VeriPlan Lifetime Financial Planners
The Quicken personal finances organizer application includes the Quicken Retirement Planner, which projects the personal finances of a person or family across a lifetime. VeriPlan is a comprehensive and fully automated personal financial lifecycle planner for individuals and their families.
In this series of short articles, The Skilled Investor [...])
- Nationwide S&P 500 Index Fund – Class A Shares (GRMAX) fetch a +2 Fund Authority Score (Fund Authority Scores rate mutual funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs) on the most important economic factors that influence individual investors' net long term diversified investment fund performance. The Skilled Investor developed the Fund Authority Score system to provide individual investors with concise and objective summaries of mutual funds and ETFs for comparisons within investment [...])
- DWS S&P 500 Index Fund (SXPAX) receives a +1 Fund Authority Score (The table below presents The Skilled Investor's Fund Authority Score and other information for the DWS S&P 500 Index Fund (SXPAX).
The Scudder Equity 500 Index Fund (BTIEX) and the DWS S&P 500 Index Fund (SXPAX)
The Skilled Investor has published an article about lower cost S&P 500 index mutual funds that you can read, which is [...])
- Fund Authority Scores for Stock ETFs and Mutual Funds – Fund maturity and operating efficiency (
Fund Authority Scores rate mutual funds and ETFs on the most important economic factors affecting long term diversified stock or equity investment fund performance. This article explains the investment fund maturity and operating efficiency factors.
<<-- Go to Part 2
Parts 1 and 2 of this article discussed the first three, most heavily weighted factors used in [...])
- How Investment Securities Are Valued – Snapshots in Time (
Snapshots in time - How investment securities are valued
Every securities market transaction requires a buyer and seller with differing viewpoints.
Markets can operate, because there are differences between investors in their assessments of the intrinsic value and risk of securities.
Current investment values vary in the eyes of the many beholders of investment market securities. Knowledgeable participants [...])
- Fidelity Spartan 500 Index mutual fund (FSMKX) achieves the Best +10 Fund Authority Score (
The Standard & Poors 500 stock index is the most common equity index fund benchmark in the U.S. The S and P 500 tracks about 75% of publicly traded U.S. equity market asset value. The dominant issue in choosing among passively managed index mutual funds and ETF funds benchmarked against the S & P 500 [...])
- American Funds – Washington Mutual Investors Fund – Class A Shares (AWSHX) acquire a +2 Fund Authority Score (Fund Authority Scores rate mutual funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs) on the most important economic factors that influence individual investors' net long term diversified investment fund performance. The Skilled Investor developed the Fund Authority Score system to provide individual investors with concise and objective summaries of mutual funds and ETFs for comparisons within investment [...])
- Fee-Only Compensation Aligns the Interests of Clients and their Financial Advisors (Several important considerations favor using fee-only financial advisors over advisors and investment counselors who accept third party commissions and other payments.
Fee-only payment arrangements with advisors allow clients to: 1) maintain trust and reduce unethical behavior, 2) separate financial decisions from purchases, and 3) obtain lower cost financial products. Percent of asset fees align client and [...])
- Factors Favoring Roth IRA and Roth 401k Plan Contributions (Factors that tend to favor Roth IRA and Roth 401k tax-advantaged plan contributions
In a recent article, "Traditional versus Roth tax-advantaged plan contributions," The Skilled Investor discussed why the average taxpayer would tend to benefit more by contributing to traditional rather than to tax-advantaged Roth IRA and Roth 401(k) retirement plans. This follow-up article in two-parts [...])
- American Funds – Income Fund of America – Class A Shares (AMECX) rate a +2 Fund Authority Score (Fund Authority Scores rate mutual funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs) on the most important economic factors that influence individual investors' net long term diversified investment fund performance. The Skilled Investor developed the Fund Authority Score system to provide individual investors with concise and objective summaries of mutual funds and ETFs for comparisons within investment [...])
- Determine the Savings You Need for Your Lifetime Financial Goals (You cannot invest without savings. How much savings are enough? ... too little? ... too much?
Currently, the U.S. is experiencing a savings crisis. The net personal savings rate is zero or slightly negative, despite a healthy and growing economy. This situation is a prescription for millions upon millions of future personal financial disasters. (See: [...])
- The Biggest Personal Finance Story of the Past 30 Years (
The Biggest Personal Finance Story of the Past 30 Years - Part 1
What could the biggest personal finance story of three decades be?
The growth of mutual funds and ETFs? Nope.
The dot com boom and bust? Nope.
Vanishing pensions? Nope.
The not-so-high quality of mortgage bonds? Nope.
A 0% personal savings rate nationally? [...])
- How Investment Sales Loads and One Time Investment Fees Work (Understanding one-time investment fees, such as sales loads
Sales load charges and commissions on investment purchases differ from the financial service industry's numerous other recurring methods of charging fees to their retail consumers.
Sales loads are less straightforward to analyze for investment lifetime cost-effectiveness, compared to annually recurring charges. (See: Pay less to get more)
If you have [...])