VeriPlan automatically tracks returns lost to investment sales loads
Many justifications for investment sales load charges might be offered by financial advisors during the sales process, but once a front-end load is charged, your diminished portfolio will ‘forget’ about the load charge for the rest of your life.
Loads become ‘phantom’ assets, which are rarely spoken of or measured subsequently, even though you may remember that you paid them in the past. (See: Can you really get free and objective investment advice, when you pay investment sales loads? and Pay less to get more)
Note that, back-end loads create more semi-visible losses. With a 2% back-end load, for example, the charge will remain visible while you retain a particular holding. However, once you sell and reinvest that asset, then the value of the back-end load will slip away. When your reduced investment funds are reinvested elsewhere, it become the same kind of phantom asset as a front-end load. Particularly, if you do this frequently over your life, the lost value could grow to be very substantial.
When you pay a front-end load, the future performance of your reduced investment portfolio may be benchmarked against some passive index, but the front-end load charges that you paid would no longer be a part of this evaluation. However, VeriPlan will not forget about the loads you have paid and will pay in the future. VeriPlan does not forget these phantom lost assets and it automatically calculates their value across your lifetime. (See: VeriPlan’s personal financial planning software helps you to understand the full lifetime costs of your excessive investment expenses)
To illustrate the possible opportunity costs of paying loads, VeriPlan projects the annual value of returns lost to sales load cost-inefficiencies, which exceed sales load charges that you consider to be reasonable. It automatically calculates what you could have been earned cumulatively, if instead you had kept, invested, and compounded these sales load charges using a more cost-efficient strategy.
Concerning how VeriPlan projects cost-inefficiencies related to sales loads, VeriPlan automatically tracks and projects load costs and capital gains taxes associated with: A) any reinvested capital gains distributions that you may receive related to the individual investments already in your current portfolio and B) any future assets that you may acquire when you have positive annual cash flow. To accomplish this VeriPlan tracks and accumulates a separate phantom asset associated with your investment load payments across your lifecycle. This phantom sales load asset is modeled like other investment cost-inefficiency assets in VeriPlan.
For reinvested capital gains distributions related to your asset holdings, VeriPlan automatically charges the same load percentage that you have paid to acquire that asset in the past. For new asset purchases, VeriPlan assesses load charges for each asset class. VeriPlan calculates the weighted average load that you have paid in the past for all holdings within each of your cash, bond / fixed income, and stock / equity financial asset classes. Then, VeriPlan uses this figure to project future load charges.
VeriPlan presents information about both your past and future sales load costs, because both are important to understand. However, sales loads that you have paid in the past represent phantom assets that are entirely gone from your portfolio, and which you cannot retrieve. Regarding sales loads that you may pay in the future, you can and should control these potential future costs.
VeriPlan Is Simply The
Best Financial Planning Software
You Can Buy!
Only $57 for a license for ALL your household PCs
… with Free Shipping of the CD within the USA
Full 30-Day, 100% Money Back Guarantee — No Questions Asked
No Support Contract Required
No Need To Buy Upgrades, Since All Parameters Are User-Changeable
VeriPlan is a Great Product, a Great Deal,
and a Great Help with Your Personal Financial Planning.
Thank You Very Much for Your Order!
Note: We mail your VeriPlan CD on the next business day after PayPal has notified us of your order. When your order ships, we will send a shipment notification email to you using the email address supplied by PayPal. VeriPlan is shipped via the USPS, and deliveries typically take 3 to 10 days to arrive.
Tags: investment advice
Personal Financial Planning
- Fund Authority Scores for Stock ETFs and Mutual Funds – Historical investment performance (
Fund Authority Scores rate stock mutual funds and ETFs on the most important economic factors affecting long term diversified equity investment fund performance. This article explains how historical fund performance is calculated.
<<-- Go to Part 1
Go to Part 3 -->>
Part 1 of this article discussed direct and hidden investment costs, the most heavily weighted factors [...])
- Lifetime Investment Assets of Renters with Reduced Investment Costs (Lifetime investment assets of renters through investment cost improvements
Improving on Fran and Fred's lifetime financial plan through lower investment costs
Fran and Fred Frugal, both age 30, are a married working couple with $100,000 in combined annual earned income. They want to understand how valuable different personal finance strategies could be to their lifetime finances and [...])
- Factors Favoring Roth IRA and Roth 401k Plan Contributions (Factors that tend to favor Roth IRA and Roth 401k tax-advantaged plan contributions
In a recent article, "Traditional versus Roth tax-advantaged plan contributions," The Skilled Investor discussed why the average taxpayer would tend to benefit more by contributing to traditional rather than to tax-advantaged Roth IRA and Roth 401(k) retirement plans. This follow-up article in two-parts [...])
- American Funds – Capital World Growth and Income Fund – Class A Shares (CWGIX) warrant a +2 Fund Authority Score (Fund Authority Scores rate mutual funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs) on the most important economic factors that influence individual investors' net long term diversified investment fund performance. The Skilled Investor developed the Fund Authority Score system to provide individual investors with concise and objective summaries of mutual funds and ETFs for comparisons within investment [...])
- Tax-Advantaged Retirement Investing Is Good for Most People (Tax-advantaged investing is very good for most people at most times
A previous article, “The Solution - ONLY follow financial strategies that are scientific, passive, diversified, savings focused, risk controlled, low cost, and tax efficient,” suggested that individuals are much better off with a well-considered financial viewpoint. A stable set of financial beliefs can help you [...])
- The Birth of Yet Another Darn Asset Class – Infrastructure (The Birth of Yet Another Darn "Asset Class" - "Infrastructure"
Recently, The Skilled Investor published two articles:
The first article discussed how the financial industry keeps manufacturing new asset classes for brokers and investment advisors to sell to individual investors. The Skilled Investor raised the question of whether these new asset classes are likely to serve the [...])
- What Works Financial Newsletter – October 2011 (
October 2011 Newsletter
Identity Theft Protection and Prevention
As a threat to your financial security, you should take the potential for identity theft very seriously. Identity theft sometimes entails a loss of your money. However, whether or not you lose money, identity theft usually takes a very large amount of your time to rectify. To prevent an [...])
- Pay Lower Investment Expenses To Get Higher Investment Returns (
Pay Lower Investment Expenses To Get Higher Investment Returns - Part 1
Excessive investment costs are a plague on your personal financial planning.
Excessive investment expenses are one of the most significant barriers to lifelong family financial security. While financial services industry sales people tell you that you need to pay more to get more, the correct [...])
- The Most Important Determinants of Your Lifetime Wealth (
Your personal earnings, expenditures, and savings are the most important determinants of your family’s long-term financial wealth
Summary: How much you earn, spend, and save are by far the most dominant determinants of your long-term financial well-being. Self-control in your decision-making regarding consumption is far more important than clever investing. Expenditure control works, while attempts [...])
- American Funds – The Investment Company of America – Class A Shares (AIVSX) net a +3 Fund Authority Score (Fund Authority Scores rate mutual funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs) on the most important economic factors that influence individual investors' net long term diversified investment fund performance. The Skilled Investor developed the Fund Authority Score system to provide individual investors with concise and objective summaries of mutual funds and ETFs for comparisons within investment [...])
- The most effective strategy to increase your mutual fund and ETF investment returns (
What is the most effective strategy you have to increase your long-term mutual fund and ETF investment returns?
Just reduce your investment fees to rock bottom and buy directly to eliminate all sales loads. This strategy is both simple and entirely within your control. You do not have to be smarter than all those other smart [...])
- Nationwide S&P 500 Index Fund – Class A Shares (GRMAX) fetch a +2 Fund Authority Score (Fund Authority Scores rate mutual funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs) on the most important economic factors that influence individual investors' net long term diversified investment fund performance. The Skilled Investor developed the Fund Authority Score system to provide individual investors with concise and objective summaries of mutual funds and ETFs for comparisons within investment [...])
- Allocate investments across the primary asset classes – Step 5 of 10 Financial Planning Steps in the Right Direction (CLICK HERE TO READ THE SKILLED INVESTOR's OTHER ARTICLES ABOUT THESE "10 FINANCIAL PLANNING STEPS IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION
Appropriately setting your personal investment asset allocation in line with your personal investment risk tolerance is a critical decision for every individual investor.
Because the average risk-averse investor holds the average portfolio asset allocation, this becomes the starting [...])
- Select investments rationally – Step 6 of 10 Financial Planning Steps in the Right Direction (CLICK HERE TO READ THE SKILLED INVESTOR's OTHER ARTICLES ABOUT THESE "10 FINANCIAL PLANNING STEPS IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION
Given the extremely large number and variety of available securities, investors need a rational basis to select among them. Without rational selection criteria and a good understanding of which factors are more or less likely to increase [...])
- Efficient Market Pricing in the Investment Securities Markets (
Efficient market pricing is the theory that all known information is already reflected in current securities prices.
Efficient securities market pricing has become very widely accepted within the investment community. The preponderance of evidence is that securities markets are efficient and tend to reflect available information. Whether you believe markets are efficient is very important to [...])