VeriPlan automatically tracks returns lost to investment sales loads
Many justifications for investment sales load charges might be offered by financial advisors during the sales process, but once a front-end load is charged, your diminished portfolio will ‘forget’ about the load charge for the rest of your life.
Loads become ‘phantom’ assets, which are rarely spoken of or measured subsequently, even though you may remember that you paid them in the past. (See: Can you really get free and objective investment advice, when you pay investment sales loads? and Pay less to get more)
Note that, back-end loads create more semi-visible losses. With a 2% back-end load, for example, the charge will remain visible while you retain a particular holding. However, once you sell and reinvest that asset, then the value of the back-end load will slip away. When your reduced investment funds are reinvested elsewhere, it become the same kind of phantom asset as a front-end load. Particularly, if you do this frequently over your life, the lost value could grow to be very substantial.
When you pay a front-end load, the future performance of your reduced investment portfolio may be benchmarked against some passive index, but the front-end load charges that you paid would no longer be a part of this evaluation. However, VeriPlan will not forget about the loads you have paid and will pay in the future. VeriPlan does not forget these phantom lost assets and it automatically calculates their value across your lifetime. (See: VeriPlan’s personal financial planning software helps you to understand the full lifetime costs of your excessive investment expenses)
To illustrate the possible opportunity costs of paying loads, VeriPlan projects the annual value of returns lost to sales load cost-inefficiencies, which exceed sales load charges that you consider to be reasonable. It automatically calculates what you could have been earned cumulatively, if instead you had kept, invested, and compounded these sales load charges using a more cost-efficient strategy.
Concerning how VeriPlan projects cost-inefficiencies related to sales loads, VeriPlan automatically tracks and projects load costs and capital gains taxes associated with: A) any reinvested capital gains distributions that you may receive related to the individual investments already in your current portfolio and B) any future assets that you may acquire when you have positive annual cash flow. To accomplish this VeriPlan tracks and accumulates a separate phantom asset associated with your investment load payments across your lifecycle. This phantom sales load asset is modeled like other investment cost-inefficiency assets in VeriPlan.
For reinvested capital gains distributions related to your asset holdings, VeriPlan automatically charges the same load percentage that you have paid to acquire that asset in the past. For new asset purchases, VeriPlan assesses load charges for each asset class. VeriPlan calculates the weighted average load that you have paid in the past for all holdings within each of your cash, bond / fixed income, and stock / equity financial asset classes. Then, VeriPlan uses this figure to project future load charges.
VeriPlan presents information about both your past and future sales load costs, because both are important to understand. However, sales loads that you have paid in the past represent phantom assets that are entirely gone from your portfolio, and which you cannot retrieve. Regarding sales loads that you may pay in the future, you can and should control these potential future costs.
VeriPlan Is Simply The
Best Financial Planning Software
You Can Buy!
Only $57 for a license for ALL your household PCs
… with Free Shipping of the CD within the USA
Full 30-Day, 100% Money Back Guarantee — No Questions Asked
No Support Contract Required
No Need To Buy Upgrades, Since All Parameters Are User-Changeable
VeriPlan is a Great Product, a Great Deal,
and a Great Help with Your Personal Financial Planning.
Thank You Very Much for Your Order!
Note: We mail your VeriPlan CD on the next business day after PayPal has notified us of your order. When your order ships, we will send a shipment notification email to you using the email address supplied by PayPal. VeriPlan is shipped via the USPS, and deliveries typically take 3 to 10 days to arrive.
Tags: sales loads
Personal Financial Planning
- Build Investment Asset Buffers to Protect Yourself from Market Volatility (
Build Investment Asset Buffers to Protect Yourself from Market Volatility
You may be just as nervous as the next person is about investment risk. However, the coverage of your future expenses by your accumulated assets will determine whether you can actually manage, when risk really happens.
A previous article, "The Solution - ONLY follow financial strategies that [...])
- Traditional IRA and 401k Versus Roth IRA and Roth 401k Contributions (Traditional IRA and 401k versus Roth IRA and Roth 401(k) plan contributions
Many taxpayers puzzle over whether to contribute to traditional versus Roth tax-advantaged retirement plans. For most people, contributions to traditional tax-advantaged plans will probably provide a higher net present value over their lifetimes.
Given our tax-related software modeling capabilities, The Skilled Investor has some observations [...])
- Dodge and Cox Stock Fund (DODGX) picks up a +8 Fund Authority Score (The table below in this article presents The Skilled Investor's Fund Authority Score and other information for the Dodge and Cox Stock Fund (DODGX).
The diversified investment fund strategy of the Dodge and Cox Stock mutual fund (DODGX)
According to its website and its prospectus filing on the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission EDGAR system, the investment [...])
- The Heavy Burden of Recurring Investment Expenses and Fees (
The heavy burden of recurring investment fees (Part 1 of 2)
Recurring investment costs can significantly impact the long-term value of your retained investment portfolio assets.
Recurring fees, such as asset management fees, 12b-1 marketing fees, and advisory/asset custody fees are charged periodically, as a percent of your investment assets. The relative cost-efficiency of your investment portfolio [...])
- Hitting the Citibank Stone Wall in Polite Conversation (PIRATES OF THE CREDIT SEA - Part 4: Hitting the Citibank Stone Wall in Polite Conversation
This article continues my personal saga of trying to get Citibank to fix problems with their management of my credit card account with them.
For a summary of the overall situation, go to Part #1: My Treasure Is Taken!
For an article [...])
- Understand the Confusing Securities Market Motion Picture (
Securities markets are usually very quick to adjust prices to reflect new information. However, this price adjustment process may take longer and be more volatile, if the new information is ambiguous.
At any point in time, market participants will already have used more or less rigorous valuation methods to judge their expected risk-adjusted value of securities. [...])
- Vantagepoint 500 Stock Index mutual fund Class II Shares (VPSKX) rate a +9 Fund Authority Score (Here is some really good news for you. The Skilled Investor has published an article about lower cost S&P 500 index mutual funds that you can read, entitled: Low Cost S&P 500 Index Mutual Funds. The Standard & Poors 500 stock index is the most common equity index fund benchmark in the U.S. The S [...])
- Your Investment Risk Tolerance Drives Your Asset Allocation Decision (
Your personal tolerance for investment risk should drive your asset allocation decision - A Tip from The Skilled Investor
Your tolerance for investment risk is a relative thing. Few people like investment risk, but some can handle it better than others do. The more investment risk you can and are willing to tolerate, the higher your [...])
- Tax-Advantaged Retirement Investing Is Good for Most People (Tax-advantaged investing is very good for most people at most times
A previous article, “The Solution - ONLY follow financial strategies that are scientific, passive, diversified, savings focused, risk controlled, low cost, and tax efficient,” suggested that individuals are much better off with a well-considered financial viewpoint. A stable set of financial beliefs can help you [...])
- Insure against risks economically – Step 8 of 10 Financial Planning Steps in the Right Direction (CLICK HERE TO READ THE SKILLED INVESTOR's OTHER ARTICLES ABOUT THESE "10 FINANCIAL PLANNING STEPS IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION
While value, affordability, risk exposure, and risk tolerance should affect insurance purchase decisions, insurance is often sold and purchased emotionally. Yet, insurance premium payments reduce personal funds that might otherwise be available for additional investments. Many people [...])
- The Never Do List – Avoid Financial Advisor Frauds and Scams (
Part 2 of the The Never-Do List - 22 Good Ways to Avoid Financial Advisor and Investment Counselor Frauds and Scams
This article discusses things that you should “never do” with a financial planner or investment advisor, and it covers fees, payments, and proprietary investments.
You should never do certain things with a financial planning or investment [...])
- DWS S&P 500 Index Fund (SXPAX) receives a +1 Fund Authority Score (The table below presents The Skilled Investor's Fund Authority Score and other information for the DWS S&P 500 Index Fund (SXPAX).
The Scudder Equity 500 Index Fund (BTIEX) and the DWS S&P 500 Index Fund (SXPAX)
The Skilled Investor has published an article about lower cost S&P 500 index mutual funds that you can read, which is [...])
- Savings Rates for Renters and Investment Cost Reductions (Pre-retirement savings rates for renters - with and without investment cost improvements
Improving on Fran and Fred's lifetime financial plan through lower investment costs
Fran and Fred Frugal, both age 30, are a married working couple with $100,000 in combined annual earned income. They want to understand how valuable different personal finance strategies could be to their [...])
- Nationwide S&P 500 Index Fund – Class A Shares (GRMAX) fetch a +2 Fund Authority Score (Fund Authority Scores rate mutual funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs) on the most important economic factors that influence individual investors' net long term diversified investment fund performance. The Skilled Investor developed the Fund Authority Score system to provide individual investors with concise and objective summaries of mutual funds and ETFs for comparisons within investment [...])
- American Funds – AMCAP Fund – Class A Shares (AMCPX) fetch a +1 Fund Authority Score (The table below in this article presents The Skilled Investor's Fund Authority Score and other information for the American Funds - AMCAP Fund - Class A Shares.
The diversified investment fund strategy of the American Funds - AMCAP Fund - Class A mutual fund shares (AMCPX)
According to its prospectus filing on the U.S. Securities and Exchange [...])