VeriPlan automatically tracks returns lost to investment sales loads
Many justifications for investment sales load charges might be offered by financial advisors during the sales process, but once a front-end load is charged, your diminished portfolio will ‘forget’ about the load charge for the rest of your life.
Loads become ‘phantom’ assets, which are rarely spoken of or measured subsequently, even though you may remember that you paid them in the past. (See: Can you really get free and objective investment advice, when you pay investment sales loads? and Pay less to get more)
Note that, back-end loads create more semi-visible losses. With a 2% back-end load, for example, the charge will remain visible while you retain a particular holding. However, once you sell and reinvest that asset, then the value of the back-end load will slip away. When your reduced investment funds are reinvested elsewhere, it become the same kind of phantom asset as a front-end load. Particularly, if you do this frequently over your life, the lost value could grow to be very substantial.
When you pay a front-end load, the future performance of your reduced investment portfolio may be benchmarked against some passive index, but the front-end load charges that you paid would no longer be a part of this evaluation. However, VeriPlan will not forget about the loads you have paid and will pay in the future. VeriPlan does not forget these phantom lost assets and it automatically calculates their value across your lifetime. (See: VeriPlan’s personal financial planning software helps you to understand the full lifetime costs of your excessive investment expenses)
To illustrate the possible opportunity costs of paying loads, VeriPlan projects the annual value of returns lost to sales load cost-inefficiencies, which exceed sales load charges that you consider to be reasonable. It automatically calculates what you could have been earned cumulatively, if instead you had kept, invested, and compounded these sales load charges using a more cost-efficient strategy.
Concerning how VeriPlan projects cost-inefficiencies related to sales loads, VeriPlan automatically tracks and projects load costs and capital gains taxes associated with: A) any reinvested capital gains distributions that you may receive related to the individual investments already in your current portfolio and B) any future assets that you may acquire when you have positive annual cash flow. To accomplish this VeriPlan tracks and accumulates a separate phantom asset associated with your investment load payments across your lifecycle. This phantom sales load asset is modeled like other investment cost-inefficiency assets in VeriPlan.
For reinvested capital gains distributions related to your asset holdings, VeriPlan automatically charges the same load percentage that you have paid to acquire that asset in the past. For new asset purchases, VeriPlan assesses load charges for each asset class. VeriPlan calculates the weighted average load that you have paid in the past for all holdings within each of your cash, bond / fixed income, and stock / equity financial asset classes. Then, VeriPlan uses this figure to project future load charges.
VeriPlan presents information about both your past and future sales load costs, because both are important to understand. However, sales loads that you have paid in the past represent phantom assets that are entirely gone from your portfolio, and which you cannot retrieve. Regarding sales loads that you may pay in the future, you can and should control these potential future costs.
VeriPlan Is Simply The
Best Financial Planning Software
You Can Buy!
Only $57 for a license for ALL your household PCs
… with Free Shipping of the CD within the USA
Full 30-Day, 100% Money Back Guarantee — No Questions Asked
No Support Contract Required
No Need To Buy Upgrades, Since All Parameters Are User-Changeable
VeriPlan is a Great Product, a Great Deal,
and a Great Help with Your Personal Financial Planning.
Thank You Very Much for Your Order!
Note: We mail your VeriPlan CD on the next business day after PayPal has notified us of your order. When your order ships, we will send a shipment notification email to you using the email address supplied by PayPal. VeriPlan is shipped via the USPS, and deliveries typically take 3 to 10 days to arrive.
Personal Financial Planning
- Stay Invested in Securities Markets to Earn Risk Premiums (You must stay invested in the securities markets to earn market return risk premiums
Securities markets pay risk premiums to risk takers
You have to have your money invested and at risk to be paid a risk premium. Attempting to avoid risk or losses by jumping in and out to "time the markets" does not work. Scientific [...])
- I Write to the President of CitiBank Customer Service (PIRATES OF THE CREDIT SEA -- Part 5: I write to the President of CitiBank Customer Service
My saga to recover my credit card treasure continues. Previous articles have covered the particulars of my situation, and I will not repeat them.
In summary, for fifteen years I have always done my best to conform to my AT&T [...])
- Vanguard Institutional Index Fund (VINIX) captures the Best +10 Fund Authority Score (The table below in this article presents The Skilled Investor's Fund Authority Score and other information for the Vanguard Institutional Index Fund.
The diversified investment fund strategy of the Vanguard Institutional Index mutual fund (VINIX)
According to its prospectus filing on the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission EDGAR system, the investment strategy of the Vanguard Institutional Index [...])
- Factors Favoring Roth IRA and Roth 401k Plan Contributions (Factors that tend to favor Roth IRA and Roth 401k tax-advantaged plan contributions
In a recent article, "Traditional versus Roth tax-advantaged plan contributions," The Skilled Investor discussed why the average taxpayer would tend to benefit more by contributing to traditional rather than to tax-advantaged Roth IRA and Roth 401(k) retirement plans. This follow-up article in two-parts [...])
- Comparing the Quicken and VeriPlan Lifetime Financial Planners (Comparing the Quicken and VeriPlan Lifetime Financial Planners
The Quicken personal finances organizer application includes the Quicken Retirement Planner, which projects the personal finances of a person or family across a lifetime. VeriPlan is a comprehensive and fully automated personal financial lifecycle planner for individuals and their families.
In this series of short articles, The Skilled Investor [...])
- Financial Planner and Investment Advisor Compensation Paid by Third Parties (There are three primary types of third party or commission-based compensation: commission-only, fee-based commission, and fee-offset commission.
How an advisor is compensated can be a very important issue. With commission-only advisors, there is no direct cost to the client for planning and advice. The advice appears to be free, but it is not. Most clients find [...])
- Understand Your Lifetime Personal Savings Requirements (VeriPlan helps you to understand your lifetime personal savings requirements and whether your current savings rate is sufficient
How much you earn, spend, and save are by far the most dominant determinants of your long-term financial well-being.
You need a means to evaluate your current sustainable lifecycle consumption rate. VeriPlan provides such a means. VeriPlan projects your [...])
- Commodity Futures in Your Investment Portfolio (Commodity futures in your investment portfolio - Is there really any future for individual investors?
The Skilled Investor's previous article, "Be wary of the new investment asset classes," voiced skepticism about many supposedly new asset classes. This article delves into the financial science behind this skepticism, as it relates to one of these supposedly new asset [...])
- Do Not Get Fooled by Superior Historical Investment Performance (
Evaluate the historical investment performance of mutual funds and ETFs, BUT ONLY AFTER using other screening criteria
Choosing only from among mutual funds and ETFs that have performed very well in the past can lead to significant selection mistakes and inferior personal portfolio returns
Previous superior or average fund performance simply does not predict similar fund performance [...])
- Passive Index Investment Strategies are Superior (Passive index investment strategies are superior, because they narrow the range of outcomes and lower your investment risk
A previous article, “The Solution - ONLY follow financial strategies that are scientific, passive, diversified, savings focused, risk controlled, low cost, and tax efficient,” suggested that individuals are much better off with a well-considered financial viewpoint. A stable [...])
- The Kind of Financial Advisor You Need (
The kind of financial advisor you need - A Tip from The Skilled Investor
Good or bad, financial advisors are expensive. If you need a financial advisor's help and you carefully select a good financial advisor, the value of the personal finance and investment advice that you receive might easily repay the advisor cost. However, bad [...])
- Excessive Investment Expenses Take 2% of Individual Investor Assets Every Year (Excessive investment expenses take 2% of individual investor's assets every year
Year after year, millions of people lose large amounts of money on unnecessary and unproductive investment costs and investment expenses.
The typical investor loses about 2% of portfolio assets every year by paying too much and getting too little in return.
This wasted 2% is not a [...])
- 15 Value-Added Individual Investor Activities (Before estimating the investment value that you might add or take away from your portfolio, you first need to determine whether your strategies are or are not likely to lead to optimal risk-adjusted investment returns.
This value estimation is separate from any hourly opportunity cost related to spending time on your investments versus an alternative use [...])
- 10 Lower Cost S and P 500 Index Mutual Funds (10 Lower Cost S&P 500 Index Mutual Funds
Regular readers know that The Skilled Investor advocates a very boring, low cost, broad market, passive index investment strategy. Costs less. Gets the broad market return -- whatever that will be. Narrows the range of outcomes and therefore the risk to your long-term personal financial plan. Takes far [...])
- American Funds – Growth Fund of America – Class A Shares (AGTHX) collect a +2 Fund Authority Score (
The investment fund objective of American Funds' Growth Fund of America
With 4.4 million shareholder accounts, the Growth Fund of America (AGTHX) is the largest actively managed stock mutual fund in the United States. According to American Funds prospectus, the investment objective of the Growth Fund of America "is to provide you with growth of capital."