Use Scientifically Based Financial Planning Strategies
VeriPlan is designed to help you pursue scientifically based financial planning strategies
VeriPlan offers you unprecedented direct control to perform your own automated personal financial planning. VeriPlan’s functionality also implements the principles of scientific finance. VeriPlan’s internal documentation and its links to information on the web help you to understand scientifically based personal financial planning and investment strategies.
VeriPlan’s functionality reflects a belief that individuals will follow optimal, scientifically proven financial planning and investment strategies, if they understand them and have appropriate and powerful planning tools. VeriPlan’s simple premise is that people want to get the most out of their money in a manner that addresses their needs across their lifecycle. While this objective is a ‘no-brainer,’ achievement of this objective requires steady and conscientious implementation over a lifetime. VeriPlan helps you to understand and to adopt financial practices that are more likely to achieve your lifetime objectives.
Providing extensive documentation embedded directly into the product where you need to find it, VeriPlan explains why various features have been implemented and how to use them. In addition, by providing links to scientific finance articles on The Skilled Investor website and elsewhere on the web, VeriPlan helps you to understand scientifically based personal financial strategies.
Whether you are well off or you intend to become so, VeriPlan is capable of generating lifecycle projections about your financial affairs. Explicitly or implicitly, every financial tool is designed with certain points-of-view. If you use a financial planning tool like VeriPlan, you should understand its viewpoints. On a separate, internal “Viewpoints” worksheet, VeriPlan explains many of the viewpoints that have influenced its design. As a sampling, some of these viewpoints include:
* Your personal earnings, expenditures, and savings are the most important and most reliable determinants of your family’s long-term financial wealth. Pay the most attention to them.
* There is no such thing as risk-free money from investing for individuals. You need to allocate your financial assets in a manner that reflects your relative tolerance for investment risk. You need to stay in the securities markets to earn market risk premiums. You need to build asset buffers to protect yourself from unpredictable market volatility and unplanned personal financial setbacks.
* Passive, index-oriented investment strategies tend to be superior, because they narrow the range of outcomes, and thus, they reduce the total investment risk associated with your portfolio. You should always completely diversify your portfolio. Own investment funds rather than individual securities. VeriPlan can easily model and project the value of your individual securities holdings, but low cost, fully diversified funds are more likely to achieve your lifetime objectives.
* Excessive visible and hidden investment costs tend to reduce the potential growth and value of your portfolio unnecessarily and dramatically. Cut your investment costs aggressively and keep cutting them. Pay yourself and not someone else.
Tags: planning strategies
Personal Financial Planning
- Excessive Investment Expenses Take 2% of Individual Investor Assets Every Year (Excessive investment expenses take 2% of individual investor's assets every year
Year after year, millions of people lose large amounts of money on unnecessary and unproductive investment costs and investment expenses.
The typical investor loses about 2% of portfolio assets every year by paying too much and getting too little in return.
This wasted 2% is not a [...])
- No Financial Planning Software or Calculator Can Predict the Future – Part 2 (No financial planning software and no investment growth calculator can predict the future - Part 2
The future in not predictable, even with automated financial planning software.
The future is fundamentally not predictable. The future of personal financial planning and investing is similarly unpredictable. The Skilled Investor's approach with VeriPlan is different. As a lifetime financial planning [...])
- American Funds – Income Fund of America – Class A Shares (AMECX) rate a +2 Fund Authority Score (Fund Authority Scores rate mutual funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs) on the most important economic factors that influence individual investors' net long term diversified investment fund performance. The Skilled Investor developed the Fund Authority Score system to provide individual investors with concise and objective summaries of mutual funds and ETFs for comparisons within investment [...])
- Risk-Free Investment Money Is Fantasy Money (
For Individual Investors Risk-Free Investment Money Is Fantasy Money
Securities with low investment risk and high investment returns are just fantasies.
No "risk-free" investment money is consistently and reliably available to individuals. Luck dominates skill in the securities markets. Clever investment selection is vastly over-hyped, and only the promoters tend to benefit. On average over long periods, [...])
- Schwab S&P 500 Index Fund – Select Shares (SWPIX) achieve a +8 Fund Authority Score (Fund Authority Scores rate mutual funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs) on the most important economic factors that influence individual investors' net long term diversified investment fund performance. The Skilled Investor developed the Fund Authority Score system to provide individual investors with concise, objective, and realistic summaries of mutual funds and ETFs for comparisons within [...])
- The most effective strategy to increase your mutual fund and ETF investment returns (
What is the most effective strategy you have to increase your long-term mutual fund and ETF investment returns?
Just reduce your investment fees to rock bottom and buy directly to eliminate all sales loads. This strategy is both simple and entirely within your control. You do not have to be smarter than all those other smart [...])
- The Optimal Investment Strategy for Individual Investors (The Solution - ONLY follow financial strategies that are scientific, passive, diversified, savings focused, risk controlled, low cost, and tax efficient
A previous article, "The Problem - Straight answers about personal financial and investment planning are difficult to find," summarized important reasons why individuals may experience difficulties, even if they are intent upon doing better with [...])
- USAA S&P 500 Index mutual fund Member Shares (USSPX) capture a +9 Fund Authority Score (The table below in this article presents The Skilled Investor's Fund Authority Score and other information for USAA S&P 500 Index mutual fund Member Shares (USSPX).
The diversified investment fund strategy of the USAA S&P 500 Index mutual fund Member Shares (USSPX)
According to its prospectus filing on the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission EDGAR system, the [...])
- Screening Index Mutual Funds with IndexUniverse.com (Screening index mutual funds on-line with IndexUniverse.com
In this article, The Skilled Investor discusses how to screen index mutual funds on-line. This article focuses on using the free index mutual fund screener and database available at IndexUniverse.com.
We also discuss how to apply our seven scientifically based mutual fund screening criteria.
In a previous article, The Skilled Investor [...])
- Choose Lower Mutual Fund and ETF Management Fees (Choose mutual funds and ETFs with MUCH LOWER investment management expenses
Investment fund management fees can only be justified by individual investors, if higher net returns more than compensate for these fees. Sadly, this is most often not the case with actively managed equity and bond mutual funds and exchange-traded funds (ETFs). In addition, you have [...])
- Vantagepoint 500 Stock Index mutual fund Class II Shares (VPSKX) rate a +9 Fund Authority Score (Here is some really good news for you. The Skilled Investor has published an article about lower cost S&P 500 index mutual funds that you can read, entitled: Low Cost S&P 500 Index Mutual Funds. The Standard & Poors 500 stock index is the most common equity index fund benchmark in the U.S. The S [...])
- Investment Valuation and Securities Risk for Individual Investors (
The securities markets provide an evolving consensus of the risk-adjusted value of particular securities.
By understanding how the markets value securities, individual investors can chose more durable investment strategies
Judging the potential usefulness of different investment strategies requires some understanding of what the public securities markets really do. This article discusses how the markets price financial securities [...])
- Set your personal savings and other financial goals – Step 2 of 10 Financial Planning Steps in the Right Direction (CLICK HERE TO READ THE SKILLED INVESTOR's OTHER ARTICLES ABOUT THESE "10 FINANCIAL PLANNING STEPS IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION."
The single most significant financial lever that individuals control directly is their management of personal expenditures. The second is their lifetime effort to obtain sufficient income. Most people simply do not save enough of their current income [...])
- Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund (VTSMX) achieves a +9 Fund Authority Score (
The diversified investment fund strategy of the Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund
According to the Vanguard website, the investment strategy of the Vanguard Total Stock Market Index mutual fund is to use a "passive management—or indexing—investment approach designed to track the performance of the MSCI® US Broad Market Index, which represents 99.5% or more of [...])
- Understand the Confusing Securities Market Motion Picture (
Securities markets are usually very quick to adjust prices to reflect new information. However, this price adjustment process may take longer and be more volatile, if the new information is ambiguous.
At any point in time, market participants will already have used more or less rigorous valuation methods to judge their expected risk-adjusted value of securities. [...])
Comments are closed.