VeriPlan Overview 4: Your Investment Portfolio Projections
VeriPlan Retirement Investment Calculator Overview: Part 4 of 7
Your investment portfolio and assets in VeriPlan
For each of your current investment portfolio asset holdings, the VeriPlan investment calculator software collects information about your share ownership amounts, values per share, investment costs, account taxability, and expected taxable capital gains distributions. The VeriPlan financial investment calculator automatically projects your net annual holdings by financial asset class, including new investments from future positive net investment returns and investment withdrawals to meet future expense budget requirements. Compound investment calculator values are automatically projected net of personal living expenses, debt repayments, ordinary income taxes, capital gains taxes, and investment costs throughout your full lifecycle. Long term investment calculator rebalancing is performed annually and automatically according your choices and user adjustable settings on five asset allocation strategy methods.
VeriPlan’s fully integrated retirement investment calculator projects the growth of your “centerline” investment portfolio asset values based on historical risk-adjusted and inflation-adjusted cash, bond, and stock asset class growth rates. Compound investment calculator growth rates are fully user-adjustable using VeriPlan’s systematic and judgmental growth rate adjustment tools. VeriPlan’s integrated, automated, and high performance mutual fund investment calculator asset projection facilities enable the rapid evaluation of a wide range of customized financial plans.
For each of your portfolio asset holdings, VeriPlan separately and automatically projects annual investment returns, volatility, ordinary income taxes, capital gains taxes, and investment costs. Then, in combination, the VeriPlan retirement tax calculator automatically assesses your overall annual net portfolio returns, tax efficiency, and investment cost efficiency. The VeriPlan investment calculator can project these aggregates, even though the net valuation of your individual asset holdings may change at different rates due to user return adjustments, varying investment costs, uneven capital gains distributions, legal differences in taxability, and variations in marginal tax rates. Therefore, VeriPlan can provide significantly more insight, because its investment calculator projections focus on your particular financial planning circumstances and do not rely upon general population averages.
Your Cash Assets:
VeriPlan’s cash savings and investment calculator projects up to 24 separate cash asset holdings.
Your Bond Assets:
VeriPlan’s bond investment calculator projects up to 24 separate bond and fixed income asset holdings.
Your Stock Asset:
VeriPlan’s stock investment calculator projects up to 99 separate stock and equity asset holdings.
Your Property Assets:
VeriPlan’s real estate investment calculator projects up to 10 separate property and real estate asset holdings.
Your Other Assets:
VeriPlan also projects up to 10 separate “other” asset holdings.
Your Human Capital:
The VeriPlan home investment calculator automatically projects your depletable, yet-to-be-earned “human capital.” Gross human capital is your yet-to-be-earned total wage and earned income. Gross human capital pays your ongoing living expense budget before your retirement, and it provides the potential to save. Net human capital is your yet-to-be-earned savings or your net income from your earnings. You must convert your net human capital into assets that will pay your living expenses, after your human capital or your potential to earn is gone.
An example of VeriPlan’s lifetime family total assets graphic:
This is an example of a lifetime investment calculator projection for one couple’s cash, bond, stock, business, and real estate assets. This graphic is automatically generated for all scenarios that you develop in VeriPlan. Investment projections are net of all taxes and all investment fees. This graphic also includes a measure of human capital, and it integrates the financial impacts of the payoff of all debts.
Personal Financial Planning Software for Individuals
- Lifetime Income Projections (Understand your lifetime projected income from multiple sources after state and federal income taxes
VeriPlan's saving for retirement calculator software projects each of your income sources separately. Plus, it separately projects wage and salary and self-employment earnings for two different earners. With this sophisticated retirement savings calculator, you can control the growth for any income source [...])
- Retirement tax optimization strategy (Optimal asset "tax location" strategies and drawing down traditional tax-advantaged assets, while delaying Social Security retirement payments
Investment tax location and Social Security tax optimization strategies could improve your lifetime financial plan. To understand how VeriPlan manages the automatic: A) reinvestment of positive annual cash flows from net earned income and other non-asset cash flows and [...])
- Buy investment funds through low cost channels (Do not buy mutual funds and ETFs through high cost vendors
All mutual funds and ETFs are not created equally. Most are created to serve the business interests of the financial industry rather than to deliver investment vehicles that are likely to serve the best interests of individual investors.
Do not purchase any mutual funds or ETFs through [...])
- Exchange-traded funds (ETFs) versus mutual funds (Exchange-traded funds (ETFs) versus mutual funds
This article provides information about low cost ETFs, which account for only a few percent of the thousand plus ETFs and other exchange-traded products (ETPs) available to US investors. This article covers certain topics related to ETFs that are important to the investor who intends to use very low cost [...])
- Choose the broadest available whole market diversification (Choose the broadest available whole market diversification
Another risk reduction objective should be to achieve the broadest possible securities market diversification within your overall portfolio holdings. Whenever several low cost investment funds are available, I suggest choosing the fund with the broadest market coverage. This reflects a preference for owning the entire market. Such funds are [...])
- Lifetime Savings Rate Calculator (Understand the current savings rate that is sufficient to meet your lifetime personal savings needs
If wealth were to be measured solely as assets currently owned, then financial and investment planning would be relatively simple. However, a much broader view is necessary. While higher income and more current assets obviously help, consumption differences between one person [...])
- Lifetime Tax Planning Software (Automatically project your lifetime federal, state, and local income taxes, capital gains taxes, property taxes, and other taxes
VeriPlan's tax calculator software automatically projects your real dollar tax obligations using current tax rates and tax limits that would apply in your particular situation. For example, regarding your income taxes and income tax rates, the VeriPlan tax [...])
- College Savings Calculator (College savings calculator software helps you to plan college savings and other education expenses for you and your children
VeriPlan's fully integrated and automated financial calculators and financial software tools help you to determine whether your current savings rate would lead to a sustainable financial plan across your lifetime.
In addition, the VeriPlan lifetime retirement planning calculator [...])
- How to Use the VeriPlan Comprehensive Financial Planner (Developing a Family Financial Plan with VeriPlan
VeriPlan is personally customizable financial planning software that helps you develop your own comprehensive lifetime financial and investment plan for your family. Functioning as financial decision support software, it automates millions of integrated projection calculations behind the scenes. With VeriPlan you can improve your financial decision-making, because you are [...])
- Instead of non-traded REITs, buy publicly-traded REIT index mutual funds and ETFs (Publicly-traded REIT index mutual funds and ETFs add can add far more cost-effective real estate exposure to your portfolio
If you really need to add real estate securities to your portfolio, the most sensible way to do so is to buy very low cost REIT index mutual funds or ETFs. This article will overview why and [...])
- Roth IRA Calculators (Roth IRA Calculators
Using VeriPlan to evaluate Roth retirement account contribution and conversion trade-offs
This is the third part of a three-part article on Roth conversions and Roth IRA contribution calculators. The first part discusses the Roth account investment and asset conversion decision and the need for a sophisticated lifetime financial planning software tool to enable informed [...])
- 2013-11: November 2013 What Works in Personal Finance Newsletter (
November 2013 Newsletter
You are a financial industry profit center
For the full article, either click the title above or paste this address into your browser:
Why allow the financial industry to help itself to your money? In case you did not notice, the financial services industry has not done the world any favors lately. The financial industry [...])
- Where to buy investment funds (Where to purchase mutual funds and ETFs
Whenever possible, low cost no load mutual funds should be purchased directly from mutual fund families that deal with the public. Otherwise they should be acquired through some other low cost channel such as a discount brokerage account. It only makes sense to purchase funds through the most inexpensive [...])
- Investment Risk Tolerance Questionnaire (Investors with different appetites for investment risk tolerance are more satisfied with investment portfolio risk exposures that are more in line with their ability to cope with investment financial risk and rewards.
Investors who are more risk-averse are more satisfied with a less risky investment asset allocation – regardless of lower expected investment returns or the [...])
- Fixed Income Investing (Use the best bond investment calculator to understand the projected value of your bond and fixed income assets across your lifetime
To develop your lifetime and retirement calculator projections using VeriPlan's compound investment calculator software, you can enter as many as 24 separate bond and fixed income asset holdings. For each of your current bond and [...])
- VeriPlan Lifetime Financial Planner — Annual Version Enhancements through 2017 (2017 VeriPlan home financial planning workbook enhancements
The 2017 version:
1) Updates US Federal and 50 state + DC tax rates, limits, phaseouts, and other tax parameters using the latest information available.
2) Updates tax information related to traditional and Roth tax-advantaged IRA and employer-sponsored retirement plan contributions and withdrawals.
3) Updates user adjustable historical asset class returns, inflation, [...])
- Financial Planning and Identity Theft Prevention (Financial Planning Security and Identity Theft Prevention
You should take the potential for financial identity theft very seriously, as a threat to your financial security. Identity theft can sometimes entail loss of your financial assets, whether small or large. However, very often it requires taking a very large amount of your time to rectify an identity [...])
- Contact Form (
If you have a question or comment, we would like to hear from you. Please use the form below to get in touch with us. Thank you!
[contact-form-7 id="4" title="Contact form 1"]
- VeriPlan Overview 5: Federal, State, and Local Tax Projections (VeriPlan Tax Calculator Overview: Part 5 of 7
The VeriPlan retirement planning calculator automatically projects your lifetime U.S. federal, state, and local taxes
With its fully integrated lifetime retirement tax calculator and income tax estimator features, the VeriPlan personal finance software automatically projects your lifetime tax obligations in eight different tax categories. VeriPlan automatically projects your financial [...])
- 2014-02: February 2014 What Works in Personal Finance Newsletter (
February 2014 Newsletter
Diversification and the credit crisis
For the full article, either click the title above or paste this address into your browser:
The best personal investment and financial planning practices are durable and should not change because of market cycles and financial crises. Nothing that has happened in the credit crisis changes the value of broad [...])
« VeriPlan Overview 3: Your Income and Debt Projections | PERSONAL FINANCE SOFTWARE | VeriPlan Overview 5: Federal, State, and Local Tax Projections »