VeriPlan Overview 6: Ten Automated Lifetime and Retirement Calculator Tools
VeriPlan Overview: Part 6 of 7
VeriPlan’s 10 financial planning tools and retirement planning calculators
Retirement Planning Calculator Tool:
With this retirement planning tool, you can set individual retirement ages for Earners 1 and 2. You can select whether or not to retire simultaneously. You can also adjust your expected ordinary living expense budget in retirement and the growth rate of those expenses. Concerning Social Security retirement calculator payments, you can set current levels of your entitlements and adjust the age at which you would first begin to receive Social Security payments. Furthermore, you can scale back the amount of your projected Social Security payments, if you wish. Finally, because much older workers can face significant erosion of real dollar wage rates, with this retirement income calculator you can adjust VeriPlan’s assumptions about real dollar wage erosion for earnings at ages over 65.
Tax-Advantaged Retirement Planning Calculator:
Your settings on this sophisticated combination retirement planning calculator, IRA retirement calculator, and 401k retirement calculator will control your projected tax-advantaged plan contributions that would be funded from your future positive net income and/or your future taxable investment portfolio assets, up to the current legal annual limits, which are user-adjustable. This retirement plan calculator tool allows you to determine the portion of your projected annual contributions that would be deposited automatically into either traditional retirement accounts or Roth IRA and other Roth retirement accounts. It also can easily handle 403b, 457, Simple, Keogh, and other types of defined contribution employer-sponsored retirement plans and pension plans.
- The Total Contribution Limitation Tool of this retirement fund calculator software allows you to set your personal limitation on overall tax-advantaged account deposits, as a percent of your future annual positive net cash flows.
- The Roth Contribution Limitation Tool of this retirement planning software allows you to set the percentage that Roth IRA and Roth 401k contributions would be of your total annual contributions into both traditional retirement accounts and Roth IRA and 401k retirement accounts. Designated Roth contributions for 403b and 457 plans can be projected, as well.
Living Expense and Retirement Savings Calculator:
This financial calculator allows you to change your current expense budget levels and future expense budgeting growth rates prior to and after retirement. VeriPlan’s budget planning worksheets also allow you to enter major planned expenses and their growth rates for any future years. You can also enter positive and negative expense adjustments and growth rates for any projection year. This education finance tool explains how VeriPlan can be used as a Children’s Education Expenditure and College Savings Tool. It also provides a section on how to use VeriPlan as a Mid-Career Education Planning Tool to model the financial trade-offs associated with returning to school for career advancement.
Real Estate Buying Calculator:
VeriPlan provides this real estate buying calculator and mortgage debt calculator for users who plan to purchase real estate in the future. For your future home purchases, this financial planning tool automatically takes into account: a) the planned purchase price, b) closing costs, c) settlement cash required, d) mortgage debt to be assumed, e) expected interim price changes, and f) subsequent expected price appreciation.
Automatic Asset Allocation Calculator:
Asset allocation strategies allows you to align the risk of your investment portfolio with your relative risk tolerance. The VeriPlan retirement investment calculator software provides five user selectable and adjustable asset management methods for your lifetime projections. Fixed, variable, and age-based asset allocation mechanisms are provided by this investment calculator tool. Re-allocations of your assets are performed automatically at the beginning of all subsequent projection years.
Investment Cost-Effectiveness Calculator:
Excessive investment costs are a huge problem for the average individual investor. VeriPlan’s automated and fully integrated financial planning calculators automatically analyze the impact of five types of investment expenses across your lifetime: 1) asset purchase fees, 2) asset management fees, 3) marketing fees, 4) securities trading costs, and 5) investment account custody fees. VeriPlan automates the comparison of your full lifetime investment costs. The VeriPlan cash flow analysis software compares the lifetime investment costs of your current financial asset portfolio to lifetime investment costs that you believe are reasonable to pay.
Historical Investment Returns Calculator:
VeriPlan’s automated “centerline” retirement planning projections are based on the very long-term, historical securities market rates of return that have been achieved in the cash, bond / fixed income, and stock / equity investment asset classes over approximately the past 75 years. You can adjust these projected rates of return, using VeriPlan’s portfolio risk investment calculator. VeriPlan’s future value calculator projections automatically deduct your taxes and investment costs from your investment asset returns. Furthermore, across your lifetime, the VeriPlan investment planning tool will automatically project the value of your real estate, property, and other assets, which are not priced currently on real-time securities markets. The VeriPlan investment planning tool will use the current fair market value and future growth rate estimates and adjustments that you provide for these real estate, property, and other assets.
Portfolio Risk Investment Projection Calculator:
VeriPlan provides two automatically combined methods to develop projections with asset class return assumptions that differ positively or negatively from VeriPlan’s “centerline” historical assumptions:
- The VeriPlan investment projection calculator Variance Tool allows you to vary asset class returns upward or downward automatically in proportion to their historical volatility or investment risk.
- The VeriPlan investment projection calculator Asset Class Return Adjuster allows you to vary investment portfolio growth rates automatically on a one-by-one basis.
The VeriPlan retirement investment calculator software also provides a Current Portfolio Revaluation Tool to help users understand the potential effects of substantial near-term changes in securities market values.
Portfolio Safety Investment Calculator:
Individual investors face a dilemma. Both less risky and more risky investment strategies may not achieve desired results for different reasons. When assessing investment strategies with different risk levels, it can be helpful to understand how the “safer” portion of your investment portfolio assets might evolve across your lifetime. VeriPlan’s Portfolio Safety Tool automatically projects how long your cash and shorter-term fixed income assets would cover your projected expense budget, if all your expected income sources ceased. This investment planning calculator tool automatically measures your projected financial capacity to weather financial planning risks that might materialize in the future.
Future Debt Calculator:
Excess consumption and the attendant costs of debt can be very destructive. This debt management calculator allows you to set an interest rate for future unfunded consumption. VeriPlan automatically accumulates an unfunded debt with unpaid interest, when your projected expense budget exceeds your projected income and your cash, bond / fixed income, and stock / equity investment assets are projected to be fully depleted. If subsequent positive net income becomes available, VeriPlan will automatically retire some or all of this unfunded consumption debt.
Regarding any current loans that you have, VeriPlan’s loan calculator automatically repays required interest and principal. You can also use this VeriPlan facility as a debt management calculator to analyze and plan for the accelerated repayment of any or all of your current loans.
Personal Financial Planning Software for Individuals
- 401k Fees and Expenses (401k Fees and Expenses
Finding information about the costs of employer-sponsored defined contribution plans is difficult, because for years weak regulations have allowed the financial industry to obscure these costs and gouge millions of retirement plan participants. This has made it difficult for both employers and plan participants to understand the true costs of these retirement [...])
- Asset Allocation Strategy (Post-financial crisis commentary on tactical versus strategic asset allocation
The best individual financial planning and investment rules and practices are enduring and should not change due to market cycles or a financial crisis. This article looks at asset allocation strategy in light of the recent credit crisis.
The credit crisis was a systemic, global financial event that [...])
- Sitemap (
- VeriPlan Overview 2: Organization and Graphics (VeriPlan Overview: Part 2 of 7
A well-organized lifetime financial planning application with extensive color graphics
The VeriPlan personal finance software provides thirty-four user accessible worksheets organized into groups that have the same colored tabs. VeriPlan provides extensive internal and external hyper-linking to help you to get around quickly. VeriPlan’s primary worksheet groupings and the number of [...])
- Instead of non-traded REITs, buy publicly-traded REIT index mutual funds and ETFs (Publicly-traded REIT index mutual funds and ETFs add can add far more cost-effective real estate exposure to your portfolio
If you really need to add real estate securities to your portfolio, the most sensible way to do so is to buy very low cost REIT index mutual funds or ETFs. This article will overview why and [...])
- Lifetime Income Projections (Understand your lifetime projected income from multiple sources after state and federal income taxes
VeriPlan's saving for retirement calculator software projects each of your income sources separately. Plus, it separately projects wage and salary and self-employment earnings for two different earners. With this sophisticated retirement savings calculator, you can control the growth for any income source [...])
- Cash Asset Allocation (VeriPlan's investment growth calculator helps you to understand the projected value of your cash assets across your lifetime
To develop your lifetime projections, the VeriPlan compound investment calculator allows you to enter as many as 24 separate cash and cash equivalent asset holdings. For each of your current cash holding in your investment portfolio, you can [...])
- Retirement Investment Calculator (Project your lifetime investment assets using a sophisticated, do-it-yourself retirement investment calculator
VeriPlan's lifetime compound investment calculator retirement software develops customized scenarios that are based on your current personal financial situation and on your goals and objectives for the future. VeriPlan is a sophisticated and fully integrated future value investment calculator that automatically projects the year-by-year [...])
- Lifetime Tax Planning Software (Automatically project your lifetime federal, state, and local income taxes, capital gains taxes, property taxes, and other taxes
VeriPlan's tax calculator software automatically projects your real dollar tax obligations using current tax rates and tax limits that would apply in your particular situation. For example, regarding your income taxes and income tax rates, the VeriPlan tax [...])
- Investment Risk and Return (Lifetime trade-offs between investment portfolio risk and investment returns
When making personal finance and retirement planning decisions, individuals must confront the dilemma that, historically, more conservative portfolio investments have yielded substantially lower investment returns than the returns that riskier investments have delivered. With either lower or higher risk-adjusted market return strategies, you simply cannot have your [...])
- Investment Risk Tolerance Questionnaire (Investors with different appetites for investment risk tolerance are more satisfied with investment portfolio risk exposures that are more in line with their ability to cope with investment financial risk and rewards.
Investors who are more risk-averse are more satisfied with a less risky investment asset allocation – regardless of lower expected investment returns or the [...])
- Guard Your Credit from Financial Identity Theft (Guard Your Credit in the Event of Financial Identity Theft
Without becoming a victim of identity theft, you can get a free credit report from each of the three credit reporting agencies once a year. Federal law requires the three major credit reporting agencies to provide these free reports annually. To satisfy their obligations, Equifax, Experian, [...])
- Are ETF expenses really lower than mutual funds? (Are ETF management expenses really lower than mutual fund management expenses?
Yes and no. When you look at the full range of ETF management expense ratios, you find the most ETFs have a management expense ratio under 1% per year. In contrast, the average expense ratio for mutual funds exceeds 1%, so obviously the majority mutual [...])
- Retirement Planning Software (Automate your retirement savings and retirement planning projections
VeriPlan's comprehensive and integrated retirement planning software helps you to plan your retirement much more easily. VeriPlan's retirement planning calculator tools automate the lifetime financial planning process for your retirement income, retirement pensions, retirement annuities, Social Security payments, retirement expense budget, retirement taxes, and tax-advantaged retirement plans.
VeriPlan's integrated [...])
- Measure Your Investment Portfolio Diversification (Gauge the level of your portfolio’s overall diversification with this free on-line tool
Whenever you invest in multiple mutual funds and ETFs, you may wonder how broadly and appropriately diversified your aggregate portfolio might be. Have your investment holdings and mutual funds that you have chosen increased the global diversification of your personal financial asset portfolio? [...])
- Concentrated holdings increase portfolio risk (Portfolio risk increases dramatically with concentrated holdings.
A significant portion of a portfolio may sometimes become concentrated in a single investment entity, which dramatically increases the overall risk of the portfolio. While generally undesirable, there sometimes are unavoidable reasons for investment concentration. Unavoidable reasons for lack of diversification can include owning a private business or being [...])
- VeriPlan Overview 5: Federal, State, and Local Tax Projections (VeriPlan Tax Calculator Overview: Part 5 of 7
The VeriPlan retirement planning calculator automatically projects your lifetime U.S. federal, state, and local taxes
With its fully integrated lifetime retirement tax calculator and income tax estimator features, the VeriPlan personal finance software automatically projects your lifetime tax obligations in eight different tax categories. VeriPlan automatically projects your financial [...])
- Financial Planning and Identity Theft Prevention (Financial Planning Security and Identity Theft Prevention
You should take the potential for financial identity theft very seriously, as a threat to your financial security. Identity theft can sometimes entail loss of your financial assets, whether small or large. However, very often it requires taking a very large amount of your time to rectify an identity [...])
- Lifetime Investment Fees (Use a long term investment calculator to understand the lifetime costs of excessive investment fees
High mutual fund fees and other excessive investment fees are huge problems for the average individual investor. These excessive investment fees are the major factor that undermines the financial welfare of millions of Americans. The potential value of your investment portfolio [...])
- Tactical asset allocation and market timing (The best individual financial planning and investment rules and practices are enduring and should not change due to market cycles or a financial crisis.
This article looks at asset allocation strategy in light of the recent credit crisis. The credit crisis was a systemic, global financial event that affected any financial or securities instrument influenced [...])
« VeriPlan Overview 5: Federal, State, and Local Tax Projections | PERSONAL FINANCE SOFTWARE | VeriPlan Overview 7: Satisfaction Guarantee, Documentation, and Household License »